Cottage with Large and Secluded Garden with Direct Access to the Sea Shore
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Anstruther cottage description
Semi detached former fisherman's cottage with large and secluded south facing garden, in quiet coastal village enjoying spectacular sea views and direct access from the garden to the rocky shoreline. Within easy walking distance to a variety of restaurants including the family friendly Haven restaurant and pub which is only a two minute walk away. Many out door activities available nearby. This House has lots of storage space for bikes, (we have two adult bikes that guests can borrow) golf clubs, (you can borrow ours) canoes (bring your own) and other outdoor equipment which makes this is an ideal holiday retreat for active families. There are three large bedrooms (One double and two twins) and a small but modern and well equipped kitchen. The house is spacious and the adjoining two storey net loft has a full size ex pub pool table in the upper floor. Lots of garden furniture and charcol and gas BBQs available. The house also has Sky TV, WiFi internet and a landline telephone.
Centrally heated cottage with large secluded garden ideally situated with direct access to the shoreline and situated on the Fife coastal path. stunning sea views. Ideal for families with vast amounts of storage space for bicycles, golf clubs or other outdoor gear. Arranged over two levels with a basement and an adjoining net store. Cellardyke is 10 miles from St Andrews and an easy one hours drive from Edinburgh with it’s International Airport and only a short walk from the prosperous fishing village of Anstruther. This is an excellent location for visitors who are keen to sample the many outdoor activities that the East Neuk of Fife has to offer.
Ground Floor: Main sitting room/dining room with log-burning stove overlooks the rear garden and with spectacular ever changing sea views to the Isle of May. Bathroom with Bath, WC, Whb and Separate Shower. Large twin bedroom. Modern Galley kitchen with gas Hob, Oven, Microwave, Fridge & Dishwasher, over looks the garden and the sea.
First floor: One Double bedroom with spectacular sea views. One twin bedded bedroom with hand crafted storage area. Front facing box room with Velux window and single bed. Hallway with storage space. Basement. Large basement with twin belfast sinks, Fridge freezer, Washing machine and Dryer. Can also be used for storage and for hanging up clothes or wet suits internally.
Net Store: On two levels, accessible from the street outside, ideal for storing bikes, water sports gear etc. Garden: Large and mature south facing garden with good sized grassed area. There are two sets of garden furniture (one close to the house and one at the end of the garden next to the sea).
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- The double bedroom is on the upper floor and features a spectacular sea view towards the Isle of May. Fall asleep listening to the sea crashing over the rocks just beyond the garden gate. The two twin rooms are large and have two full size single beds each. One is situated on the ground floor next to the bathroom. All bedrooms have ample storage space, The double bedroom has a TV. Alarm clocks, radios and books and bedding are also provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The ground floor bathroom has been recently refurbished with a tiled heated floor, heated mirror with back lights . The showeroom on the first floor was new in 2010. There is a separate WC just off the back door leading to the garden. Hot water is provided by a newly installed Combi gas boiler so that guests are assured of a constant hot water and a powerful shower. All Towels including large bath sheets are provided....moreless
- The large living/dining room has a TV, DVD player, and ipod speakers. We have a small selection of family DVD's and books and also some board games. There is a small but efficient wood burning stove which is the focal point of the room and we provide a good supply of firewood. (mostly timber which has washed up on the shore). The lounge and the kitchen overlook the garden and the sea. The kitchen adjoins the lounge and is small but well provided with Bosch electric double oven, gas hob, integrated fridge and dishwasher. There is a good supply of glasses, cutlery, plates and pots and pans. The hall leads out onto the steps leading down to the back garden. In the summer we cook most of our meals on the BBQ outside. In the basement (full size of the house but low ceiling) there is a Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer and ample storage space. There are also two large Belfast sinks....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Books For Adults
- Games For Kids
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
local services and businesses
- Near The Ocean
sports and adventure activities
- Pier Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Parking On Street
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Alarm Clock
- Wireless Internet
- Towels Provided
- Activities Guide
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Golf Clubs
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Outdoor Grill
- Beach Chairs
- Walkway To Water
ReviewsWrite a review
Quirky cottage hits the spot
Quirky cottage hits the spot
Chris and his wife gave us a very warm welcome. The cottage is very comfortable clean and well-equipped- my teenage sons particularly liked the pool table and the access to the shore from the garden. My parents enjoyed the peace and quiet of this lovely part of the world- very unspoilt. I would certainly recommend this property to family and friends. The fish and chips in Anstruther lived up to their reputation! We enjoyed a very nice meal in the Haven- so nice not to have to worry about driving home!
- Guest pen (north yorkshire)
- Date of stay 08/14/10
- Review Submitted 09/03/10
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers.
Magnifica casa vista mare
Magnifica casa vista mare
Una casa veramente accogliente, pulitissima con tutto il necessario, molto apprezzata dopo una giornata di escursioni nelle zone circostanti. La vista sul mare e sull' isola di May era bellissima attraverso le finestre della casa. Consiglio vivamente questa proprietà una base ideale per esplorare questa magnifica costa del Fife.
- Guest Elio B.
- Date of stay 08/04/12
- Review Submitted 08/25/12
Changeover day is Saturday. Property to be vacated by 10.00am and available from 3.00pm. A Deposit of 25% is required to secure a booking. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. Balance of payment and a £100 breakages deposit will be due 8 weeks before arrival date. Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the start date must be paid in full at the time of booking. We accept payment by sterling cheque or direct transfer to our account. The refundable breakages deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection). In the event of cancellation we operate a time scale for refunds. A cancellation less than 4 weeks before arrival date – 50% of rental refunded More than 2 weeks but less than 4 weeks before arrival date – 25% of rental refunded. Less than 2 weeks before arrival date – 10 % of rental refunded.Bookings are only taken from Saturday to Saturday. Bookings are from 3.00pm on the day of arrival until 10.00am on the day of departure. Occupancy is restricted to 6 people. Bed linen and Towels are provided. Electricity and gas, central heating, hot water, Gas for the BBQ and wood for the fire and Chimera are all included in the price. As mobile phone reception can be patchy at Seabraes we have provided a land telephone line. Calls to other UK landlines at weekends and in the evenings are free, all other calls are charged for. Please notify us if the phone is used for chargeable calls during your stay.We are often asked to vary the changeover dates or supply short breaks. For various reasons, we regret that we are unable to accomodate those requests and we only lease from Saturday to Saturday and with multiples of a week. As we will avoid the work involved in a weekly changeover, we will offer a discount of up to £150 for a two week stay in the high season.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Edinburgh at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Anstruther at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Leuchars at 15 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cellardyke Harbour at 100 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: The Haven at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Anstruther at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Haven at 2 Kilometres
- Primary: +44 (0)1224 318722
- Secondary: +44 (0)7860 259927 Mobile
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
street view with Net Store at LH side
small but fully equiped kitchen - stunning view
The pool table upstairs in the net store
the nearby Harbour and Haven Pub/Restaurant
Garden gate opens onto the foreshore
View from back gate
view from the garden gate
Garden in Spring, the Isle of May in background
View from Double Bedroom
Upper twin Bedroom
View From Brae
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.