Stunning Apartment Between Historic Old Town and Golf, Balcony with Great Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Murteiras Apartment is a charming and romantic atmosphere top floor apartment with character, decorated with very good taste and the constant improvement makes this apartment most welcoming.
Wide sliding glass doors lead onto the large private balcony with a small table, chairs and a hammock to enable relaxation overlooking the breathtaking panoramic ocean, city and mountains view.
Sunsets are an absolute must at this apartment!
Ideally located in a Funchal city quiet alley, opposite from the touristic area which facilitates immediate contact with genuine local life. Not far from the city centre and very near the motorway which ensures easy access to the rest of the Island.
Cancellations are non-refundable unless we are able to re-rent the apartment for the period reserved by the guest.
If we are unable to re-rent the apartment for the said dates, we reserve the right to keep 100% of the deposit.
If we are able to re-rent the apartment, we will refund accordingly, minus a 75 EUR administration fee.
We will not make exceptions to the cancellation policy due to the personal circumstances of the guest or force majeure.
Personal circumstances include illness, changes in travel plans, travel delays, and any other reasons related to the clients personal circumstances which results in them not being able to fulfil the booking with Murteiras Apartment.
Force majeure includes war, strikes, natural catastrophes and any other events considered 'Acts of God.'
We recommend that guests have adequate travel insurance including the risk of cancellation in their own policies.
The following conditions are applicable to all reservations made.
Acceptation of a reservation shall imply acceptation of these general terms.
Murteiras Apartment reserves the right to modify the conditions at any time, without prejudice to any rights acquired previously.
It is important it to keep in mind the following rules of conduct:
- It is very important to respect the noise level (people, music) after 9.00 at night.
- Parties are not allowed.
- Meetings in the entrance are not permitted.
- Always close the parking gate and the main door. It is important to ensure after entering or leaving that the doors remain securely closed.
- Do not leave garbage bags in the entrance. The garbage should be taking out of the apartment in closed plastic bags into the garbage containers in the end of the street.
- Smoke in the apartment is not allowed. You can use the balcony as smoking area.
V. Lights and Heaters
- Help save energy and our environment, when you leave the apartment for a long period please ensure lights are turned off, heating is put on minimum or switched off.
- The guest is obliged to use the apartment only for the purpose for which it is intended.
- Any damage caused to the apartment or its contents has to be reported immediately to Murteiras Apartment. The guest shall be responsible for such damage.
- The guest has a duty to behave in a civic manner and to respect the normal co-existence rules. In the case that these general co-existence rules are not kept, Murteiras Apartment have the right to demand the guests to vacate the apartment.
VII. Maid Service
- The apartment will have been cleaned to a high standard before your arrival day.
- A 3 hours cleaning service is included for stays more than 7 days.
- The exit day the guest shall leave the apartment in a reasonable condition.
VIII. Towels and linen
- Fresh towels and linen will be provided the arrival day.
- An extra set of bed linen and towels will be also provided.
- The linen for the baby cot is not provided.
IX. Amenities included
- Murteiras Apartment shall offer the apartment with all the amenities described, in the case that on the arrival day some of the amenities are not provided the guest could ask for a compensation.
X. Guests Identity
- In the arrival day a registration form must be filled and signed including information related to the guests staying in the apartment.
XI. Security Deposit
- On the arrival day Murteiras Apartments has the right to ask the guest for a 250 EUR security deposit.
- The deposit will be refundable the departure day less any charges for damages, and extra cleaning service if the apartment is not left in a reasonable condition
- Murteiras Apartment shall not be liable for any inconveniences which are out of its control.
- Murteiras Apartment cannot be held responsible for theft/damage to personal goods or accidents resulting in injury.
In the unlikely event that you are disappointed with the temporary accommodation, you must contact us at once.
We will try to solve the problem.
If after that you still feel that the problem has not been resolved to your reasonable satisfaction you should within 7 days of returning from Madeira, put your comments in writing.
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- On floor 2
- 80 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Portable baby cot.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Electric heated towel rail.
- Please provide your own beach towels.
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Basic Soaps
- Free Local Calls
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Tumble Dryer:
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Year round price
Apr 1 - Sep 27, 2016
6 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add €10 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add €10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
Prices may be subject to change at the owner's discretion.
Rates depend on number of persons.
Don't include Christmas and New Year (on request).
Long term special offers.
All water, electricity and gas are included.
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Extremely comfortable and excellently equipped Holiday Home.
High standard, sunny and bright 2 bedroom Apartment with breathtaking panoramic view over Funchal Bay, amphitheatre and mountains.
Quiet and advantageously located with easy access.
2 kms/5 minutes from Funchal centre, 15 kms/12 minutes from Madeira's International Airport, 1,8 kms/4 minutes from the nearest beach, 0,8 kms/2 minutes from motorway, 3 kms/8 minutes from Funchal Ferry Port.
Situated in a bay bathed by the Atlantic Ocean, on the south coast of the island of Madeira, Funchal is the capital of Madeira.
This town that dates back some 500 years, since 21st August 1508, owes its name to a sweet-smelling wild herb, the “Foeniculum Vulgare” traditionally known as fennel [funcho], which existed in abundance at the time of its settlement.
Funchal is the largest tourist, cultural and commercial center of the archipelago of Madeira. This city offers a wide range of leisure activities, from visits to museums, monuments and other landmarks, to walks in its beautiful gardens, walks along the Marina of Funchal full of boats, shopping and going out at night to bars and nightclubs.
In the form of an amphitheater, the Municipality of Funchal stretches along a hillside that goes from sea level to the Pico de Areeiro, at 1.818m altitude.
This 18 hole, 6000 metre plus course was designed in 1993 by Cabel Robinson, and is skillfully set within the gracious parkland of the Quinta de Palheiro Ferreiro. Remarkable for tight fairways, fast greens, and judicious use of the beautiful trees that once covered the hillside, the course is a worthy challenge for all handicap levels.
Palheiro Golf is situated some 10 km east of Funchal with magnificent views overlooking the town and bay.
SANTO DA SERRA GOLF
Its original course, built in 1937, was redesigned in 1991 by the famous golf architect Robert Trent Jones who created a completely new and spectacular 27 hole golf course in one of the most beautiful landscapes that nature may offer.
Santo da Serra Golf is 20 minutes away from Funchal centre and 5 minutes away from the airport.
TOURIST ENTERTAINMENT CALENDAR 2015
• CARNIVAL FESTIVITIES
11 to 18 February – Entertainment in downtown Funchal;
14 February – Great Allegoric Carnival Parade;
17 February – Slapstick Parade.
• MADEIRA ISLAND OPEN (PGA European Tour)
19 to 22 March
• MADEIRA FLOWER FESTIVAL (every year, 2 weeks after Easter)
16 to 22 April – Entertainment in downtown Funchal;
18 April – The Wall of Hope Ceremony;
19 April – Great Allegoric Flower Parade.
• ATLANTIC FESTIVAL
6, 13, 20 and 27 June – Music and Fireworks Display.
• MADEIRA WINE RALLY
30 July to 1 August (dates to be confirmed).
• MADEIRA WINE FESTIVAL
30 August to 6 September – Entertainment in downtown Funchal;
5 September – Live Harvest in Estreito de Câmara de Lobos.
• COLUMBUS FESTIVAL – Porto Santo Island
17 to 19 September.
• MADEIRA NATURE FESTIVAL
6 to 11 October.
• END OF THE YEAR MADEIRA FESTIVITIES
1 December – Beginning of the Illuminations in downtown Funchal;
8 December to 6 January, 2016 – General Illumination of Funchal amphitheatre;
11 December to 6 January 2016 – Christmas Decorations and Exhibitions in downtown Funchal;
31 December – New Year's Eve Firework Display;
5 January 2016 – “Chants of Epiphany” – Municipal Gardens.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Hi, my name is Nuno and I am renting out an apartment with stunning ocean views in the Portuguese Madeira island. I'm interested in architecture and design but I also love to travel, tending to prefer beach or city destinations. If you have any questions about my flat, please feel free to get in touch with me.
Why the Owner Chose Funchal:
I knew this apartment was 'THE ONE', since the moment I got inside and watched its' magical view. The quiet surrounded area and easy access were also a plus. After visiting this apartment, I've lost any interest I had in any other I had visited before. It was love at first sight.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The best view in Madeira! Extremely comfortable and excellently equipped Holiday Home. High standard, sunny and bright 2 bedroom Apartment with breathtaking panoramic view over Funchal Bay, amphitheatre and mountains. Quiet and advantageously located with easy access. Funchal Madeira Island.
- Primary: +351 965319288 Any time
Links to more information:
Balcony detail with stunning sea view beyond
Large balcony with panoramic views
The Living Area is decorated to a high standard
Luxurious Dining Area
Dining area detail
Master Bedroom detail
Twin Bedroom detail
Elegant complete Bathroom
Beautiful View from the balcony
Palheiro Golf just a short drive away
The interior is elegantly furnished
Living room detail
Dining area detail
The comfortable and bright Master Bedroom
Spacious Twin Bedroom
Fully equipped and modern Kitchen
The View is just as beautiful by night
Murteiras Apartment logo
- Property typeApartment
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Response time Within 2 days
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/29/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.