Beautiful Heritage Home, Kitsilano,Central,2 Blocks Ocean,Bike Route
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Kitsilano house description
Best location in Vancouver. 8 minutes to downtown and UBC, 2 blocks to Vancouver beaches, on designated bike route. Bus stop is half block. Steps to best restaurants and shops on 4th Avenue. 15 minutes to the airport. We are just a few steps away from the world famous Kitsilano Pool, a 50 meter outdoor pool right on the ocean.
This is not a high rise! This is a beautifully restored, 1912 Vancouver Craftsman-style, Heritage Manor Home located on beautiful, treed street in the heart of neighbourhood - Kitsilano and Point Grey.
Suites vary from Studio to 3 bedroom all with full bath, living room and kitchen. Hardwood floors, granite counters,
Bedrooms have a queen bed with brand new pillow top hotel quality mattresses, 400 thread count sheets and Pottery Barn covers and duvets. Bathrooms have a bathtub, shower and granite counter tops.
Practice your cooking skills in the fully equipped kitchen.
NEW. NESPRESSO machines for the perfect cappucino each time. We provide you with a complimentary STARTER Basket with fresh bread, coffee, tea, juice, milk, butter and biscuit to start your stay off right.
We offer free WIFI, full digital cable TV, CD player, free on-site parking, laundry facilities and telephone.
For your pleasure, we have a free book exchange in the hallway, just in case you run out of books to read!
Feel right at home and enjoy the proximity to lovely restaurants and shops just steps away.
Opposite the house is Tatlow Park, a beautiful park with tennis courts and children's play ground that leads right down to the ocean's edge.
Should you need more accommodation, we also have one bedroom and three bedroom suites in the lovely Alma Beach Manor, some with ocean and mountain views and fireplaces.
Visit our website for more photos and videos of the properties, special offers and reservations. Ask about our special monthly corporate rates for long term stays.
Whether here on business, vacation, relocation to Vancouver or visiting UBC students and friends, you will be very comfortable in your home away from home at the Alma Beach Manor.
Keywords: Furnished Apartments,furnished suites, apartments, suites,short term rentals, Holiday suites,Vacation rental apartment, Furnished Suites,bed and breakfast,self contained suites, Vancouver accommodation, Kitsilano accommodation, Point Grey accommodation, Relocation, Vancouver Relocation, monthly rentals, corporate retreats, corporate monthly rentals. Why stay in a hotel?Ocean views, beachfront.
Executive serviced apartments
- 4800 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Queen size Beds (1) All bedrooms have brand new, high end Posturpedic queen beds with soft 400 thread count sheets. The 3 bedroom Spanish Banks has 1 bedroom with two twin beds - great for families., Twin or Single Beds (1) 2 twin beds in third bedroom of Spanish Banks suite. A comfortable blow up bed is available on request at extra charge....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Granite counters, tub and shower, bright
Kitchen & Dining
Fully equipped kitchen in each suite with plenty of wine glasses. Stove is gas. All appliances are new. Toaster oven and microwave in each suite. NEW-NESPRESSO COFFEE - for the perfect cappuccino...moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Free High Speed Wireless Internet Connection, free parking on our property and on the street. Free Book Library Exchange, Laundry on premises, Lovely outdoor living spaces. Bus stops half block away. Buses go anywhere in Vancouver - only 8 minutes to downtown. Only 10 minutes to UBC. Take the bus everywhere. As there are several suites ranging from Studio to 3 bedroom, please call or email for up-to-date availability for desired suite. Rent the whole house for a special re-union, wedding, anniversary or business retreat. The Manor will accommodate up to 24 persons. House is right on designated bike path. Opposite house is Tatlow Park with children's playground, tennis courts and path to ocean beach. Steps from the house are numerous great restaurants, grocery stores and shopping on West 4th Ave....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- 10 minutes to UBC Chan Center for the Performing Arts. 10 minutes to Stanley Theatre on Granville Street. Wonderful ethnic restaurants all within walking distance. Kitsilano Outdoor Theatre in the summer. Kitsilano outdoor Pool in summer. Close to Vancouver Planetarium, Vancouver School of Music and Emily Carr University on Granville Island. The Manor is located on one of Vancouver's designated 'bicycle streets'. You can bicycle from the house to anywhere in Vancouver on these designated routes....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our group of 3 families stayed in 3 suites of the Alma Beach Manor and thoroughly enjoyed the comforts and amenities of this beautiful home We were instantly welcomed with immaculate suites and a welcome basket of fresh bread, coffee, and milk-much appreciated. The excellent location and stunning vistas make this an ideal place to stay while visiting Vancouver. The only suggestion we have is it would have been nice if the wi-fi was working on the top floor. Owners were most helpful and responsive to questions during booking. Hope to return soon!
- Guest Cindy (Edmonton, AB, Canada)
- Date of stay 07/28/13
- Review Submitted 08/06/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Guest comment entered by manager
Manfred-- Our stay in Vancouver was made all the more delightful by the lovely accommodations at Alma Heritage Manor. The Penthouse was perfect for our family. It was everything that you promised and more! We are also greatly in your debt...my husband is now in Greece and will be going on to Azerbaijan for business thanks to your efficient handling of his passport crisis. By the time he realized that his passport had been left in the room, it was too late to return for it. Thank you so much for the hospitality and quick solution to our problem. Sincerely, Lucinda Valdes
- Guest Lucinda Valdes
- Date of stay 11/21/06
- Review Submitted 11/21/06
Low season (L) Oct. 16-April 30, High Season (H) May 1-Oct. 15 and holidays-Xmas 1 Bedroom - $129 (L) - $190 (H) per night, Monthly $2595(L)-$4500(H) 2 Bedroom - $239 (L)- $315 (H) per night, Monthly $4295 (L)-$7400 (H) 3 Bedroom - $249 (L) - $350 (H) per night, Monthly $4595 (L) - $8250 (H) Studio Suite - $109 (L) - $160 (H) per night, Monthly $1995 (L) - $3750 (H) 50% credit card deposit due on booking,13% taxes apply if less than monthly stays. Deposit fully refundable (less $25) if cancelled more than 31 days prior. Refundable Damage Security Deposit ($750)required for stays 20+ nights.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Vancouver International at 8 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Tswassen to Vancouver Island at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Rocky Mountaineer at 7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Trans Canada #1 at 10 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Kitsilano Beach, Jericho Beach at 200 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Darby's on 4th Ave. at 60 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Grouse Mountain at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Shaunessy Golf and Country at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Jolly's on 4th Ave. at 30 Metres
Year Purchased: 2005
About: Carol has been in the travel business for many years as a flight attendant, hence the love for travel and meeting new people. We love outdoor activity such as skiing, biking on our tandem, swimming, windsurfing and sailing. Walking in our tree lined neighbourhood and the sandy beaches is one of our favourite passtimes. Eating out at the many ethnic restaurants is also an easy thing to do just steps away. When we are not here to enjoy Vancouver's breathtaking sights and sounds, we are on the island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand in our brand new beachfront resort called The Lotus Terraces. Come and visit us there for a spectacular beachfront holiday.
We have lived in the beautiful area of Kitsilano and Point Grey in the heart of Vancouver for over 25 years. We love the old heritage style architecture of the homes, some of which we have restored, added modern conveniences and brought back some of the old charm. Our properties are all north of 4th Avenue so they are close to the beautifull beaches of Vancouver and yet we are only 5 to 10 minutes from downtown. The Manor is also on one of Vancouver's designated bicylce streets.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Having travelled extensively, we recognize that having conveniences like high speed internet, cable TV, laundry, free parking and full kitchens are great benefits to feeling 'at home'. We offer all of these on an inclusive basis. There are no hidden costs. We make it convenient for travellers to check in and out with keyless entry locks. The property is located in a lovely treed residential neighbourhood, just steps to many unique, ethnic restaurants, shops and services. The bus stop is just outside so you can travel anywhere by bus; hiring a car is not really necessary. Diagonally opposite the Manor, is the wonderful Tatlow Park, which has a playground and tennis courts and takes you right to the ocean. If you do not want to stay in a condo or high rise building, we offer a lovely, safe alternative for couples or families alike.
- Primary: +1 (604) 222-7898 (British Columbia, Canada) x 2227898 skype telephone number anytime
- Secondary: +1 (604) 221-1950 (British Columbia, Canada) x 2227898 mobile
- Tertiary: +1 604-221-1950 land line
Exquisite 1912 Vancouver craftsman style Manor home.
View to Vancouver skyline from Kitsilano.
Dundarave 2 Bed Suite, hardwood, large kitchen,living, outdoor deck,sunny bright
Spanish Banks three bedroom suite. Very large living room and kitchen,1.5 bath
Outdoor deck from living room.
Guest Exchange library
Great Security - Keyless locks on all suites and front door of Manor.
Outdoor deck off Dundarave suite
Leather dining chairs in Dundarave
2 blocks from ocean, beach,Royal Vancouver Yacht Club and Tatlow Park.
Guest Exchange library
Ambleside Beach Studio Suite - queen bed, sitting and computer work area
Dundarave 2 bed. -brass queen bed, 400 thread sheets, pottery barn duvet,lounger
Second bedroom with queen bed, 400 count sheets.
Front Hallway of Alma Beach Manor
Granite counters in bathroom.
Alma Beach Manor-front view
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 20, 2013