Beautiful Beachfront*Best on the Beach* Luna D1 Susan Mattingly
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Luna Encantada condo description
DETAILED DESCRIPTION: Luna Encantada D1 is one of the premier 'end cap' oceanfront condos with a 40 ft. Private ocean front terrace. These resort condos are set amidst Playa del Carmen’s mythical beach and vibrant international sidewalk scene. A mere half block from the gates of Luna Encantada, Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian promenade beckons with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
Offering the privacy of three private bedrooms, one with king bed/full bath,one bedroom w/queen and one bedroom w/ 2 queens sharing a full bath, this luxury beach villa is professionally decorated in a Balinese décor. The ocean is visible from most every room in the villa, especially from the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom where a wall of sliding glass doors and windows offer panoramic views of the water.EVERY OTHER DAY HOUSEKEEPING INCLUDED; 4 NIGHT MINIMUM.
Travertine marble floors extending onto your private outdoor terrace,(and private side porch) fully equipped chef's stainless kitchen with granite counter tops, original paintings and many other fine details are all there to provide impeccable quality and international style. Even the terrace is furnished in the finest in outdoor comfort for lounging and alfresco dining. The common area courtyard has beautiful landscaping of palm trees, tropical plants, flowers and a large refreshing infinity edged pool and jetted whirlpool bath. Complementary outdoor tables and lounges are provided for relaxing and entertaining around the pool
So make your reservations now and travel to Playa and enjoy the privacy of a spacious beach condo that is not just another of the many all inclusive, luxury hotels, or Cancun resorts. Luna Encantada is prime Mexico beach real estate that is like an island in a sea of small town local charm. Ask about our travel deals, vacation packages, seasonal specials. Luna Encantada is vacation lodging at its finest. Please take a tour of our website with pictures ,maps, and other info about your trip to the Mayan Riviera, land of the ancient Maya.
“Playa del Carmen is the style capital of the Riviera Maya” -Travel + Leisure
“Playa del Carmen is Mexico’s most fashionable getaway” --Conde Nast Traveler
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
• HOW DO WE GET THERE FROM CANCUN AIRPORT? Playa is a 45-minute drive south of the airport. We provide a private van service for $160 round trip, max 8 people, child seats available. Other options: Taxi $70 one-way, Rental car, Hourly Express bus.
• WHERE IS THE PROPERTY? Luna is located in the heart of Playa’s main tourist district at Calle 6 and the beach, ½ block from Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue is a world famous, 40+-block pedestrian promenade with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
• IS LUNA ENCANTADA TRULY BEACHFRONT? Yes and all the condos that we represent in Luna have stunning ocean views.
• CAN WE SWIM AND SNORKEL IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF LUNA? Our beach is rated as one of the top beaches in Mexico because of it’s soft white sand and calm aqua blue water providing safe and enjoyable swimming conditions for people of all ages. The reef off our shore offers excellent snorkeling conditions with a multitude of colorful coral formations and exotic fish and marine life but you will need to hire a snorkeling guide with a boat to get there. We recommend the Hobie Cat guide that operates right from our beach.
• DO WE NEED A CAR? Not necessarily because Playa is pedestrian friendly and we are close to everything. We typically walk or cab around town and rent a car on an as needed basis for regional excursions. We offer complimentary parking in our secure garage and have several car rental agencies within a few blocks.
• WHERE DO WE GROCERY SHOP? We have several small markets within one block and several full service grocery stores within 7 blocks.
• HOW OFTEN DO WE GET MAID SERVICE? We offer every other day house keeping that includes fresh linens, bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, bottled purified water, laundry detergent for the washer/dryer room, and trash removal.
• DO YOU HAVE TV, PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE? We have cable TV, high speed wireless internet, and a phone with free long distance calling to the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Italy, France, Spain and Ireland.
• CAN YOU RECOMMEND ACTIVITIES AND RESTAURANTS? We visit Playa five times a year so we are constantly updating our list of favorite activities and restaurants that we send to all of our guests along with detailed arrival information.
• CAN YOU GIVE US SOME OPTIONS OF OTHER AVAILABLE CONDOS IN LUNA? Yes, just click on our Luna rentals website and photo album link that is located on this website just below the calendar for info and availability on all our listings in the building. (We handle the rentals for 14 out of a total of 24 Luna condos).
• DO YOU OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES? We offer Personal Assistance for transportation, grocery shopping, babysitting, in-house massage, tours & excursions, tee times, and emergency & medical assistance.
• DO WE NEED TO GET PESOS? Not necessarily. All stores and restaurants in Playa will take dollars and Euros. There are ATMs nearby and places to change money. We usually take about 100 dollars in ones, fives, and tens, which are very handy for tipping, and short cab rides around town.
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Ice Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Cooking Utensils
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- First floor, Steps to the beach, Infinity pool, Whirlpool, Private covered patio (Overlooks the pool and ocean), Unobstructed ocean views from master bedroom, living Room, dining room and kitchen, 10-foot ceiling heights, Sound-reducing concrete floors, Walls and ceilings, Travertine marble floors (extends outside to large, 300 square foot covered patio), Slab granite bathrooms and kitchen, Gourmet stainless steel kitchen, Professionally decorated with Indonesian decor, Individually air conditioned, Ceiling fans, Cable TV and wireless Internet, FREE PHONE to and from USA and Europe Private courtyard with infinity edge pool and Jacuzzi, Underground Garage, Wheelchair accessible all levels, 24-hour security, Porte-cochere (covered entryway), Beach shower, Flower gardens...moreless
- Video Games
- Video Game Console
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Porch / Veranda
- Lawn / Garden
- Wood Deck
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Rain Forests
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Located right on the beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen.
ReviewsWrite a review
My Family and I spent part of our vacation in Play del Carmen, the condo is very well furnished and the maid service was convenience and never felt them.The view from the balcony is second to none. You open the window and there you are. The famous 5th Avenue, where the action, is steps away. If we plan to visit Playa Del Carmen again, we will defiantly stay in the same apartment.
- Guest Khaled A. (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
- Date of stay 08/13/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: People with disabilities, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
Best Spot in Playa!
Best Spot in Playa!
What a great condo! You couldn't be more beachfront than here, and the Luna Encantada complex is one of the few places in Playa that doesn't have a ton of boats anchored to the beach. The decor is beautiful, and the furniture is super comfortable. The kitchen has everything you need to cook a full meal with all of the appliances you'd find in your own kitchen. The AC was nice and cold, which is not always the case with rentals in Playa. Another plus is Fusion Restaurant next door. A waiter from Fusion will bring you food and drinks to the beach or the pool! Try the mango margarita. It might be my favorite drink in the world. The staff is nice, and the rental company had a representative come by every other day to check in and make sure we didn't need anything. There is security on site at all times, which is nice, even with Playa being as safe as it is. I will never stay anywhere else!
- Guest HeatherSue13 (Oxford, MS)
- Date of stay 05/20/13
- Review Submitted 06/01/13
Recommended for: People with disabilities, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
Our stay here was one of our best vacations ever. The unit is fantastic and the location is unbeatable. The views of the ocean from the balcony are amazing, and the apartment has the best access to the pool and beach while still being private. The apartment was outfitted extremely well and we had everything we needed or prepare our own meals and drinks if we wanted. The Fusion restaurant is directly next door to the complex, and they had the best frozen drinks and food of anywhere we found.....very convenient. 5th Ave is also very close, so great access to shopping and dining. There's also a small grocery store two blocks away for small items, and Walmart is an easy taxi drive for larger grocery purchases. Susan couldn't have been easier to work with and ensured our trip was great. She also set up transportation which was very reliable.......Susan is great! She also has a very informative guidebook in the unit that is full of great tips. One thing I highly recommend - use the snorkel shop (check out their website) for a snorkel trip. Affordable, great set up, and the highlight of our trip. This is a great vacation spot and the very best place to stay based on the units and location. Can't recommend enough, although I hope it is a available for our next vacation :)
- Guest Mike A.
- Date of stay 03/21/13
- Review Submitted 03/28/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
Absolutely wonderful!!!! We loved every moment. Can not wait to go back.
- Guest Kyndal (Arlington)
- Date of stay 10/10/09
- Review Submitted 02/01/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
We had the most amazing trip while staying at the Luna Encantada Condos. Susan Mattingly provided us with incredible service and made our stay care-free. Our room in A1 was to die for. The incredible size of the condo not to mention the astonishing ocean view was absolutely amazing. I would definitely recommend a stay at this beautiful resort.
- Guest Angela58 (Greeley, CO)
- Date of stay 08/27/09
- Review Submitted 08/27/09
Just got back from Playa and this awesome condo. We really enjoyed this place, it was perfect, just the right size to mingle with the other guests. We made several friendships in our seven days that I'm sure will last for a long time. The condo, the beach and the location couldn't be better. Wish we'd had a little more sun and a little less clouds and rain, but all in all, this is the place to stay in Playa!!
- Guest Dan, Amy, Jeff, Nanci, Brad & El (Federal Way, WA.)
- Date of stay 02/19/07
- Review Submitted 02/19/07
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 4 - Apr 30, 2014
5 night min stay
May 1 - Dec 19, 2014
4 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 3, 2015
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates do not include 19% Mexican Tax
- Tax Rate 19%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Cancun at 45 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Cozumel at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa's Main Beach at 3 Metres
- Primary: (303) 572-2994 (Colorado, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
LUNA D1-True Beachfront Luxury-Most popular Vacation Rental on Playa's Main Beac
Private Oceanfront Terrace-10 feet above Playa's Main Beach
You Feel Like you are Dining on a Luxury Yacht!
Custom upgraded large luxury master bath w/European fixtures
Custom upgraded guest Bathroom with high end European fixtures
Luna Encantada Private Beach Club
Luna Encantada Moonrise---Ocean View luxury-- Beach Front Villas
Luna Enacantad Tropical Courtyard-True Oasis in the city
Luna Encantada Villa D1 is one of the most popular Beachfront rentals in Playa.
Master Suite opens to Private Oceanfront Terrace
Luna's Beautiful courtyard
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Monday, March 03, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.