Commander'S Keep Vacation Home - 4 1/2 Star Canada Select at Trinity, Trinity BA
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Trinity cottage description
From every room of this newly constructed salt box house on its lofty seaside bluff, a variety of panoramic vistas of the Town, Skerwink Cliffs, Admiral’s Lighthouse on Fort Point with the ocean beyond are enjoyed at Commander’s Keep Vacation Home. Luxury and location make this an unforgettable vacation destination.
Commander’s Keep Vacation Home is a piece of paradise, showcasing the most spectacular scenery and breathtaking views of the ocean and rugged coastline that Newfoundland has to offer!
Though this gorgeous three bedroom home was built in 2009, it maintains the feel of a traditional Newfoundland home. The south-facing side of the house has French doors opening onto a huge wraparound deck overlooking the ocean. Downstairs, three sides of the house have full length windows, giving the feeling of being enveloped by the coastal grandeur. Our ocean front location affords particularly panoramic views where you can witness spectacular sunsets & unforgettable magenta sunrises.
With a 4 1/2 star rating, Commander’s Keep Vacation Home is a piece of paradise, showcasing the most spectacular scenery and breathtaking views of the ocean and rugged coastline that Newfoundland has to offer! Tranquillity and peace rejuvenate you as you breathe in the fresh sea air and listen to the lulling sound of the waves rolling onto the rocks and private pebble beach below.
Though this gorgeous three bedroom home was built in 2009, it maintains the feel of a traditional Newfoundland home. The south-facing side of the house has French doors opening onto a huge wrap-around deck overlooking the ocean. The sea side of the house consists of full length windows, giving the feeling of being enveloped by the coastal grandeur. Our ocean front location affords particularly panoramic views where you can witness spectacular sunsets and unforgettable magenta sunrises.
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED AND NO SMOKING ON THE PREMISES.
* 4 ½ Star Rating by Canada Select
* NO PETS ALLOWED
* NO SMOKING on the PROPERTY
* Free local phone.
* Wireless Internet.
* Digital cable plus TV.
* 32” HD TV with surround sound home theatre system.
* Extensive DVD, book, and games collections for our guests.
* Electric heat.
* Free laundry
The well appointed living room has CD player and iPod port connected with high-end stereo system and a second set of speakers the dining room to play your own CD’s.
The ‘great room / inglenook’ features a two-sided wood-burning fireplace, situated between is room and the living room , overlooking the harbour, with the ocean beyond. A ceiling fan, two storeys above, circulates the fresh sea air breezes.
The gourmet kitchen is the hub of the downstairs, with a large island centrally located for all to gather round. It has a gas stove and oven for cooking and baking. Supplies include every culinary gadget and utensil one could wish for, and basic spices, tea and coffee are supplied.
Exploring this quaint historic town, you will appreciate that it maintains the ambience of days gone by. Within easy walking distance of Commander’s Keep there are daily walking tours, biking, kayaking, boat tours, theatre and 5 star dining at Twine Loft.
Whales, dolphins, and sea otters play in our waters; bald headed eagles soar above our cliffs. Trinity and area boasts iris and lupines, daisies, bluebells and buttercups growing wild...a photographer's dream!
The ultimate hiking experience awaits you on the trail which follows the heights of the famous Skerwink Cliffs, just across the Bay...an easy ten minute drive away.
In spring and early summer, gigantic icebergs drift along the ocean shoreline. these can be seen from land or from a whale watching boat tour.
Treat yourself to a vacation at Commander’s Keep and take time to truly savour the natural beauty found at this majestic rocky shore!
- 2 story
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- The huge master bedroom, the Admiral’s Suite, has a queen bed; its special feature is its 'Retreat area' in the bell dormer that gives you a bird’s eye view of the harbour, with the ocean beyond. Both of the other two bedrooms are big and breezy. The Seaside Suite has a queen bed, while the Nautical Suite has two twins. All have pillow top beds, luxury linens, comfy quilts and two fluffy robes supplied in each room. All bedrooms have windows on two sides of each room, and a ceiling fan to circulate the cool night air....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Total of 2 1/2 bathrooms in all. On the ground floor level there is a full bathroom which has an oversized separate shower and a large two-person soaker tub to spoil you! This bathroom also includes complete laundry facilities of a full sized washer and dryer, washing detergent, iron and ironing board...and even a clothesline! The second floor has another full bathroom and a two piece en suite with the master bedroom....moreless
- Free wireless. Children need close supervision at all times by their parents as the temptation to wander and explore is forever present. Children are solely the parents' responsibility. There are steps into the house, then flat access to the wraparound deck from the main floor, and stairs to the second floor bedrooms; sorry, no wheelchair accessibility. Ideal for a family reunion for the whole family: grandparents to the 'young people'! A big antique table & chairs for family dinners overlooks the water. A high end entertainment system, games, books, and movies insure good times indoors while enjoying phenomenal views of the harbour, cliffs, lighthouse and the ocean beyond! A fully equipped picnic basket and blanket are available for the use of our guests to go to a nearby meadow to enjoy the spectacular scenery and meadow flowers! No need to go out to do laundry as the latest in washing technology is on the premises. Weekly housekeeping is available for an extra fee....moreless
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Video Player
- DVD Player
- Audio Tape Player
- Video Library
- Sports & Activities
- Live Theatre
- Naturist Beach
- Autumn Foliage
- Eco Tourism
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Room
forms of payment
- Accepts Credit Card
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Hair Dryer
- Basic Soaps
- Towels Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Activities Guide
- Toilet Paper
- Parking Off Street
- Paper Towels
- Living Room
- Local Maps
- Ceiling Fans
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Deck Chairs
- Wood Decking
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 15 - Jun 14, 2014
4 night min stay
Sep 29 - Oct 31, 2014
4 night min stay
Jun 16 - Sep 28, 2015
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE UNTIL AFTER THE RESERVATION IS CONFIRMED.
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE TAXES or the $100CAN CLEANING FEE.
COMMANDER'S KEEP CLOSES AT THE END OF OCTOBER, AND RE-OPENS IN MID MAY EACH YEAR.
UP TO 31 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE
TOTAL REFUND OF MONIES PAID LESS $25CAN ADMIN. FEE.
30 DAYS TO 20 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE
A REFUND OF 50% OF TOTAL LESS $25CAN ADMIN. FEE.
20 DAYS TO 7 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE
A 25% REFUND LESS A $25CAN ADMIN. FEE.
BY 6 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE
- Cleaning Fee: C$100
- Tax Rate 13%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: St. John's International Airport, St John's, NL at 250 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Argentia, NL at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: #230 at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Private pebble beach on site:fun but cold to swim at Trinity
- Nearest Barpub: Twine Loft at 0.05 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: 'The View' Golf Course at 50 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Twine Loft (5 star rating) at 0.5 Kilometres
Why the Owner Chose Trinity:
The Travel Reviewer, 'Escape Here', in naming the 10 Most Breathtaking Views to Visit in Canada, described 'The small village of Trinity [as] 'postcard perfect'! Exquisitely picturesque: 360 degree views from the top of Gun Hill high above Trinity, one can see not only Trinity but far away outports, the Harbour all 'round, rolling hills, ponds & lakes extending inland forever, and ocean as far as the eye can see! Commander's Keep, on its clifftop perch is afforded these panoramic views, of Town and Sea alike, from the huge private wraparound deck. This experience is unforgettable!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Though this home has only been on The Nuddick (defined as a 'bare hill') since 2010, the local residents tell us that we 'changed the skyline of Trinity'...only after having this salt box house design accepted and approved by the Trinity Historical Society. Everyone agrees that it looks as though it has been standing on this property for over 100 years; it fits with the existing historical buildings so well. It affords the guests an incredible view of the Harbour and ocean beyond, and a unique view of the town from its vantage point of being one of the highest points along the Harbour! From every window of the house, one has a picture perfect view of true Newfoundland scenery!
- Primary: +1 877-240-KEEP (5337) TOLL FREE 9AM - 9PM EST
Links to more information:
COMMANDER`S KEEP on `The Nuddick'.
Southwest side of Commander's Keep.
Magical View of Lighthouse at Sunrise from our deck.
View from Gun Hill of Commander's Keep,Trinity Harbour, & Fort Point.
View of Commander's Keep from shoreline of Trinity Harbour
Dining Room with a View!
Two-sided wood burning fireplace, on the 'Inglenook' (Great Room) side.
Handmade Wall Hanging in Stairwell
Side windows in Admiral's Suite (MBR) viewing Nuddick Point.
Sitting area in Seaside Suite with spectacular views.
St Paul's Anglican Church, as seen from the windows of Commander's Keep.
Northwest side of Commander's Keep.
Perched atop 'the Nuddick' commanding views of sea and Town of Trinity.
Moon rising over Skerwink as viewed from our deck
Commander's Keep (centre) as viewed from Gun Hill (behind the town of Trinity).
Gourmet kitchen at Commander's Keep, fully equipped for culinary excellence!
Reading area in 'the Inglenook' in front of the two storey fireplace.
Living Room with floor to ceiling windows giving views on two sides.
Upstairs hallway looking into MBR
Admiral's Suite (MBR) with sitting area in bell dormer of Harbour.
Seaside Suite; windows give spectacular views of Town & sea.
Nautical Suite with town and lighthouse views.
Sperm whale diving for food.
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.