VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Casa Spello's convenient location in the heart of the historic center and its outstanding panoramic views are what makes this historic medieval property one of the most desirable in the region. Staying at Casa Spello is an experience. As our guests put it: 'It oozes charm'.
Over 500 years old, Casa Spello is a newly renovated medieval property, located in the historic center of Spello, a hillside village with a rich history which predates Roman times. The property, nestled within the ancient city walls, boasts one of the most panoramic views in all of Spello; on a clear day, you can see the church towers of Assisi, Perugia, Montefalco, Foligno and the rolling hills covered in olive groves and vineyards which surround Spello. Our large garden/orchard, surrounded by an 1800 year old Roman wall, is an ideal setting for al fresco dining, sunset watching over a glass of Montefalco wine, or sipping coffee before the day's adventures.
The property is over 500 years old, restored by a local architect to provide it with all the modern amenities, while preserving its genuine medieval ambiance. It once was a home with two large 'cantinas' (cellars) where the family used to make wine and press their olive oil. It is now available for rent on a short-term or long-term basis.
Originally it was built with hand carved mountain stone - a beautiful peach color stone which came from the nearby Subasio mountain.
The apartment is elegantly furnished with antique-style and rustic furnishings, and has a fully equipped kitchen for your cooking pleasure. There is also a fireplace. It is tastefully decorated with Umbrian handcrafted fixtures such as hand-blown glass, tiles and hand-painted ceramics from nearby Deruta. This apartment sleeps two to four people. The convenient location of Casa Spello makes it easy to walk to the wonderful local restaurants, markets, boutiques and train station in this quaint village.
To preserve the property's Medieval heritage and authenticity, its original stone walls & vaulted ceilings were expertly incorporated into this charming, renovated apartment. Other amenities include: Garden, Orchard, Wireless High-Speed Internet, & Bidet. (Accessibility: please inquire as necessary. )...moreless
Long-term leases (over 2 months) are available at steeply discounted rates!
All fees are payable in advance (e.g. 30% within 10 days of booking, remaining 70% due 6 weeks before arrival)
Payment in USD ($) is accepted, based upon the exchange rate in effect at the time payment is due. Quoted USD rates are for your convenience only.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Spello, which has been called 'The Jewel of Umbria' because it has miraculously escaped industry, heavy development and modern urban sprawl, boasts an incredible local culture & cuisine, Local activities include Festivals, Restaurants & Cafes, & Horseback Riding, Nearby Museums, & Boating are also available
About the owner: Languages spoken:
English, Italian, Francais, Deutsch, Espanol
Primary:+1 (415) 435-3246
Secondary:+1 (415) 922-2224, x104 (California, USA)