A, Holiday Homes in Castle Near Adriatic Beach and 1 Hour North of Venice - Rambaldo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pozzuolo chateau / country house description
The castle of Strassoldo di Sopra is still the private home of the counts of Strassoldo who have totally and finely restored three beautiful stone homes forming part of the castle's borgo:
- La Vicinia (sleeps 4 people)
- Casa Rambaldo (sleeps 4 people)
- Casa Artuico (ideal for 2 people but can sleep 3)
On the other side of the castle there is the ancient rice mill (Pileria del riso), a big building (500 sqm) which has 4 vast double rooms which are rented as bed and breakfast rooms.
The whole rice mill can also be rented as a holiday home for a maximum 8 people occupation, for a minimum of 1 week.
Each of these charming homes has its own private garden, guaranteeing the guests' privacy, with access on the castle's main beautiful garden.
They are provided with every comfort and are very nicely furnished (La Vicinia with furniture hand-painted by local artisans, whilst Casa Rambaldo and Casa Artuico with ancient furniture).
The complex of the Castle of Strassoldo di Sopra is formed by the main building, where the family Strassoldo still lives, which is surrounded by a series of beautiful stone buildings in olden times used as guards' houses, administrative and judicial centre, stables, artisans' house, granaries, archives, rice mill and the ancient tower.
The main buillding is connected by an arch to the church of St. Nikolaus, formerly the castle's chapel, where catholic masses are held on Sundays, on one side and to the ancient tower on the other side.
The setting is really beautiful and the whole castle complex is surrounded by lovely gardens, crossed by spring-water streams and rivers.
Strassoldo is a precious gem of a lovely and still unknown region which is not overrun by tourists. In fact, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, has many important historical sites, a lovely nature with many different wonderful landscapes ranging from high mountains, through rolling hills and green plains to rock or sand beaches.
The castle is situated in a very central position from where it is easy to reach all these attractions.
Only to mention a few, Venice is reachable in 1 hour's drive, the ancient Roman colony of Aquileia (the second biggest colony of Rome) is reachable in 10 minutes, the golden beach of Grado in 20 minutes, the beautiful town of Udine in 30 minutes, the marvelous Adriatic Gulf with the town/port of Trieste in 38 minutes, Slovenia in 35 minutes and Austria in 60 minutes.
The guests of the castle's holiday homes, can relax, make very nice walks in the Friulian countryside, go biking through cute little rural villages, go swimming in the nearby Adriatic sea and make nice day excursions to many interesting regional sites and towns.
The region also offers the possibility to taste excellent wines and food.
Rambaldo: Pozzuolo Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 802839ha
CASA RAMBALDO: enchanting holiday home in a castle complex with vast private garden. Great and quiet position: only 20 minutes from the beach. 1 hour from Venice. 1 hour from Austria. 30 minutes from Slovenia. This romantic home offers a dive into history. It has been restored with great care for details and comfort. It was one of the medieval Guards' houses and is distributed on one floor + a lovely mezzanine It has ancient terracotta floors and ceilings with wooden beams and - a double bedroom with door to the garden, - a nice bathroom with big green-blue mosaic shower enclosure and old style toilet and sink - a comfortable sitting room under the mezzanine - a vast dining area with equipped kitchen and door to the garden - a beautiful romantic private garden. with access on the castle's main garden
- Chateau / Country House
- 90 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- The home has: - a bedroom with big double bed, ancient bedside tables, ancient drawer, ancient cupboard with mirror and door to the garden. - a cute mezzanine (small loft) with a double bed, old bed side tables and small cupboard - a cosy sitting area under the mezzanine with sofa, armchair and sat-tv - a shower bathroom - a kitchen-sitting area with door to the garden - a private garden with wooden table and chairs for al fresco eating - deck chairs for relaxing under the shade of the ancient trees...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Casa Rambaldo is a beautiful medieval home belonging to one of the most ancient and romantic castles of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, which belongs to the same family since more than a thousand years. The castle is placed in the green spring-water area of the Friulan countryside, 20 min. from beach (Grado),1 from Austria, 30 min. from Slovenia. The castle hamlet (borgo) is formed by: - a main building (where the owners still live), - the Guards' houses (Casa Rambaldo and Casa Artuico, now self catering holiday homes, with private garden) - the former administrative centre (La Vicinia: now a self-catering holiday home) - the ancient tower (now 2 B&B suites) - the rice mill called 'Pileria del riso' (now 4 B&B rooms) - the Archives, called 'Cancelleria' (now empty and used sometimes for events) - the church of St. Nikolaus (masses on Sundays), - the stables (now a private home) - the granaries (now empty) The whole is surrounded by lovely gardens crossed by spring-water streams....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Laundrette - Not Serviced
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
local services and businesses
- Laundrette - Serviced
- Medical Services
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Golf Pass Optional
- Fly Fishing
- Dining Area
- Wireless Internet:
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine:
- Housekeeper Optional
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
ReviewsWrite a review
A wonderful holiday stay
A wonderful holiday stay
We had a memorable holiday in Casa Rambaldo, one of the best ever. Castello di Strassoldo is a truly atmospheric and idyllic place to stay and Gabriella is a very warm and welcoming host. The apartment has been beautifully converted, is comfortable and very well equipped should you wish to do a lot of cooking. Our private corner of the gardens was absolutely lovely, spacious and with mature trees and is a peaceful and relaxing place to unwind and to eat outside. We also enjoyed wandering in the castle grounds which are beautifully maintained. It is hard to imagine how it could be improved upon! There are lots of interesting places to visit in the area without driving very far. We stayed for 11 nights but there will be plenty of new places to explore when we return, which we hope to do in the near future.
- Guest David, Hilary & Katherine (Cheltenham UK)
- Date of stay 05/11/13
- Review Submitted 06/06/13
a) Initial deposit: 20% upon booking b) Settlement: 14 days prior to arrival c) Security deposit: 20% with settlement
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Trieste, Ronchi dei Legionari at 16 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Trieste at 38 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Strassoldo at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Palmanova at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Grado at 18 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: 'Rainbow - Sapori alla piastra' at 400 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Pramollo (Nassfeld) at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Golf Club Grado at 18 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: 'Agriturismo San Gallo' at 2 Kilometres
Casa Rambaldo, sitting area
Facade of main building of castle
River around castle's garden
La Vicinia. Porch on garden side
La Vicinia, sitting area
Casa Artuico, entrance door
Casa Artuico with its private garden. The roses are on border with castle garden
Casa Artuico, dining/kitchen area
Garden view from holiday homes
Casa Rambaldo, bedroom
Casa Rambaldo, kitchen
Casa Artuico, bedroom
Facade Castello di Strassoldo di Sopra
Casa La Vicinia, on the front side
La Vicinia - View from a window towards garden
La Vicinia. Green room
La Vicinia. Yellow room
Casa Artuico, view from the bedroom door
Casa Rambaldo's private garden is large with lawn and old trees
Casa Rambaldo, dining area
Casa Rambaldo, bed on loft
Casa Artuico, dining/sitting area
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Gabriella W. di Strassoldo
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.