Top Quality Luxury Mountain Villa with Pool and Fantastic Views to the Ocean
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Viana Do Castelo villa description
This superbly located period property dating from the mid-19th century, has been sensitively restored to provide luxury accommodation, whilst retaining a lovely country atmosphere. Standing in 3000m2 of terraced grounds dotted with olive trees, the focal point is a stunning infinity pool overlooking a magnificent unspoilt view that extends for 15km to the ocean. The villa is in an attractive rural hamlet of subsistence farmers on the flanks of the Serra de Arga (800m). The nearby river tumbling out of the mountainside offers crystal clear bathing pools, and there are some delightful walks starting from the villa itself. The sandy beaches of the Costa Verde are 15 minutes drive away, where there's also a fine range of restaurants and other modern amenities. The accommodation is spacious and extremely well-equipped and ideal for one or two families. It's the perfect place to get away from it all and relax in peace and tranquillity, with fresh mountain air and a laid-back atmosphere.
Beaches and Golf: The family seaside resort of Vila Praia de Âncora is about 15km away, and either side of it, along a 50km stretch, are the many safe, clean beaches of the Costa Verde - surf beaches, sandy, rocky, wide, discreet, family, romantic beaches - you can go to a different one each day to suit your mood. A short walk from Casa da Fábrica there are some wonderful crystal clear bathing pools and waterfalls in the mountain stream trickling down from Serra de Arga.
For golfers, the excellent international standard Ponte de Lima course is 20km away. Part of “a bucolic scenery of mountains, vineyards and fruit gardens”, it's a course typical of the Minho region. Par 71, 6005m, including Portugal's longest hole at 622m (par 5).
Touring the countryside: A lot of visitors tour around, seeing the historic sites, the small market towns and villages, the rugged landscapes. Others come to lose themselves in a terrain that is still largely unaffected by modern European development, and amongst a people who still live a simple life. Most are subsistence farmers, and while there are few women who still wash the clothes in the stream, they do still go every day to collect the milk from the communal cow, in churns balanced on their heads. Traffic jams, more often than not, are caused by an ox drawn cart. These may be a small, remote villages, but they have a life of their own, centred on the cafés that stay open until the last customer leaves; visitors are really welcomed and it’s easy to quickly feel a part of the village. There’s a very gentle tone, and what tourists there are tend to be Portuguese.
- 2 story
- 280 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
- Most bedrooms have fitted wardrobes and windows overlooking the pool, gardens and valley. Bedroom 1 has an en suite bathroom. Bedroom two has French windows leading to the patio/garden. The bedrooms are all spacious, with bedside tables and lamps, chairs and dressing tables or chests of drawers. Bedroom 4 (children's room) is very large....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The main living room is a large, open-plan space with comfortable seating ranged around an impressive granite fireplace and the satellite TV, a dining area, and French windows to the garden. Outside, the terraced gardens slope away to the south-west, making the most of the summer light and sunshine. Patios at either end of the villa offer shade in the heat of the day and are also perfect for an al fresco breakfast or an evening spent by the barbecue. The whole property is very well equipped, decorated and furnished, but the star of Casa da Fábrica is undoubtedly the glorious pool, in which you can relax and gaze towards the ocean as if the water is part of the landscape. The owner lives here for most of the year, so the villa is equipped as a home rather than as an impersonal holiday house. This means that everything works properly, and there are lots of extras to make this your dream holiday. He's almost always around to offer assistance and advice, as well as lead walks....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Scenic Drives
- Horse Riding
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Hair Dryer
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
Casa da Fabrica
Casa da Fabrica
We enjoyed this house and property enormously. The restoration is tasteful, providing the charm of the original, with comfortable modern additions. The master bedroom is a dream, with wonderful views and breezes. The other main bedrooms work comfortably as well. The setting is idyllic, with the patio table set outside the house, looking out on farm land, high hills, and finally the ocean. The weather was cool, but when the sun was shining, it was heavenly to refresh oneself in the beautiful pool. We would love to return some day...
- Guest Anne C.
- Date of stay 06/30/12
- Review Submitted 07/30/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 28 - Aug 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates include bed linen and towels (including pool/beach towels), cleaning (once per week), and welcome pack. There are no additional taxes or hidden charges.
- Pet Fee: €0
- Taxes Not included
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Porto at 82 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Santander / Bilbao at 650 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Viana do Castelo at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A27 / A28 at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Vila Praia de Âncora at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Espantar at 500 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Ponte de Lima at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Montaria at 2 Kilometres
- Primary: +351 917056366
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Stunning infinity pool with sea in distance
Dining area with views over the valley
Master bedroom with en suite bathroom
Bedroom 2 with double bed and access to patio
Shaded patio with barbecue
Breakfast patio - east facing for morning sunshine
Dining area in lounge
2nd lounge/4th bedroom
South side of house (and bedroom 2 patio)
The olive grove in the garden
Town square in nearby Vila Praia de Âncora
Nearby mountain pool and waterfalls
Casa da Fábrica seen from the pool
Large, comfortable lounge with satellite TV
Magnificent en suite bathroom (for master bedroom)
Bedroom 3 with twin beds
Spacious fully equipped kitchen
Casa da Fábrica seen from the pool
View from bedroom 2 private balcony
View across the mountains towards the sea
View towards the south-west
Kitchen & breakfast area
Âncora beach (15km away)
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.