Exceptional Old Townhouse in Historic Centre of Force, Le Marche
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ascoli Piceno house description
The grand old Bishop's House in the historic centre of Force, a 13th C hill-top village, is the perfect place to experience the real Italy. Situated half-way between the Adriatic Coast and the Sibillini Mountains, surrounded by stunning countryside, the house sleeps 10 comfortably. Beautifully restored and furnished, it has 3 large, airy double bedrooms upstairs, one with a private sitting room, one with a balcony, all offering magnificent views. The ground-floor has a bright sitting room, balcony and dining room featuring a superb ancient fireplace. The fully-equipped kitchen has another balcony from which to savour the breath-taking views. Downstairs, the Bishop's House has a further 2 charming rustic bedrooms with original beam ceilings, 2 modern shower rooms, and an arched sitting room with its own street entrance. The games room is equipped with table-tennis. The house has a pretty olive and lavender-filled garden with two patios on which to relax. Parking is available close-by.
About Force: Force (pronounced for-chay) is a hill-top farming community in the Sibillini National Park, once famous for its copper beaters, one of whom still works next to the blacksmith. There is ample free parking, 2 bars, a restaurant, pizzeria, take-away pizza, 2 supermarkets, baker, greengrocer, butcher, post office, bank, pharmacy, doctor, dentist, newsagents, hairdresser, hardware shop, a petrol station, mechanic and a Friday Morning market. The children's playground has a climbing frame etc, and there is a sports field.
There are many good restaurants serving typical local specialities in the area and summer and autumn food festivals.
Additional services : We will be happy to arrange additional services or to help you book activities at an additional charge, payable locally.
Why not ask us to arrange for a local cook to prepare a feast of locally-sourced gastronomic treats at home? We can also stock a welcome fridge for your arrival.
A variety of activities can be arranged and these include painting, cookery classes, Italian language and truffle-tasting courses. Local guides can be arranged for those who enjoy wine and guided walks in the Sibillini Mountains, as well as truffle-hunting in season.
There are many walks in the Sibillini Mountains within an hour's drive. Castellucio, a popular destination is 51km, 1 hr 5mins. The caves, Grotte di Frasassi, at Genga are 160km or 2 hrs 10 min. Assissi is 130km, 2 hrs 30 min.
Distances: Ancona Falconara Airport is 116km and Pescara Airport 135km, about 1 hr 40mins. Ryanair flies daily from Stansted and car hire is available at the airport. Ryanair now serves internal destinations within Italy from Ancona. There are also ferries to the Dalmatian Coast from Ancona.
The drive to Rome takes 3 hr 30 min on the SS4. Ciampino airport is 214km, Fumicino International Airport is 257 km (4hrs 15 mins). Central Rome can be reached by express coach from Ascoli in 3 hrs. The closest large trains stations are San Benedetto, Porto San Giorgio and Ascoli Piceno (24km).
The Adriatic Coast boasts many 'Blue Flag' beaches, notably the famous resort of San Benedetto. There are also lovely sandy beaches at Port Giorgio (50km) and Cupra Marittima as well the Conero Peninsula near Ancona. There are often markets and exhibitions during the summer at the beaches.
- 300 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Top floor: 3 Large double bedrooms all with queen size beds and views which span from the Adriatic coast to the Gran Sasso Mountains of Abruzzo. I bedroom has a private sitting room and one has a private balcony. I bathroom with shower, with another large modern bathroom with bath and shower situated on the ground floor. Lower ground floor: 2 rustic bedrooms with twin beds(one with zip-lock mattresses which can form a king-size bed). There is a large, adjacent sitting room with its own street access. Modern bathroom with shower. There is another modern shower room on the garden floor....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- There is a bathroom on each floor.
- We offer a complimentary meet and greet service for all our guests. Free parking is readily available close-by. Being on 4 floors, although the grand staircase leading to the upper floor is wide, the house is not suitable for people with severe mobility problems. Young Children must be supervised at all times in the house and garden. No pets and no smoking please. The house is fully equipped: oven, dishwasher, fridge with freezer, toaster, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, washing machine, clothes horse, fans, heating, TV&DVD, speaker system (for I Pods, computers), good selection of board games, books and DVDs. Bed linen, towels and beach towel are provided and changed weekly. Bicycle storage is available on request. There is table-tennis in the games room and the house has a mature garden with 2 patios and garden furniture....moreless
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Books For Kids
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Ping Pong Table
- Game Room
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Winery Tours
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theatre
- Horse Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Laundrette - Serviced
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Room
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Washing Machine
- Parking On Street
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Linens Provided
- Basic Soaps
- Parking Off Street
- Cooking Utensils
- Beach Towels
ReviewsWrite a review
Unbelievable house in astonishing location
Unbelievable house in astonishing location
We recently returned home from a trip to Italy, which included 3 days at this magnificent home in Force. We must have spent the first hour of our visit just walking from room to room, marveling at how beautiful and well kept the house is. But most of our marveling was in the garden, which has olive trees and a fig tree (among other trees) and has, bar none, the most spectacular view of any house I've ever stayed in. To the right were snow covered mountains, ahead a jagged peak I completely fell in love with, and to the left, the Adriatic sea. Tina and Lisa were both warm and welcoming, and happy to give us recommendations and ideas. The townspeople were friendly, and we happily enjoyed our morning caffe at the Eurobar each morning. I've read about places being unspoilt, and found many tourists. This was really different. The area seemed completely untouched by tourists or the tourism industry. In the market of San Giorgio, we found Sergio (his name is on his market stall), who was so happy to sing the praises of his town, that he insisted that we try every cured meat in his case, and gave us drinks, smiling and talking the whole time. He gave us an excellent restaurant recommendation, and we had fantastic seafood that we'd never tried before. Ascoli Piceno is the nearest big city and it is a treasure. It's a real Italian city with historical charm, but that functions for his citizens, so rather than stalls full of souvenirs, there are shops of motorcycle parts and wallpaper. And the piazzas are totally alive, particularly at night, with birthday parties, people watching soccer on big screen TVs propped between Roman columns, and children playing hide and seek. Our last day we just spent in the garden. It was utterly relaxing. The house had everything we needed and more (the book selection was amazing!). I can't wait for our next visit, as we will certainly be back, this time with our children. Thanks so much, Tina and Lisa, for a wonderful vacation.
- Guest Michelle D.
- Date of stay 10/10/11
- Review Submitted 10/20/11
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Dec 22, 2013
4 night min stay
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2014
3 night min stay
Jan 6 - Feb 28, 2014
4 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (£) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Ancona at 116 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Ancona at 116 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Pedaso at 42 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A14 Pedaso at 42 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Porto San Giorgio at 45 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Force at 200 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Sassotetto, Sarnano at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Montefiore Dell'Aso at 33 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Force at 250 Metres
- Primary: +39 0736 373708 or call Tina on +39 0736 373744
- Secondary: +39 333 4101763 or call Tina on +39 339 3459079
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Bishop's House
Arched Sitting Room
View from the Kitchen
View from Force
Val Di Tenna, Sibillini
The Beach at Conero
Ground Floor Sitting Room
Top Floor Corridor
Upper Sitting Room
View from the Kitchen
Casteluccio, Sibillini National Park