Self Catering Cottages in South Coast of Kenya - Shimba cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Mombasa cottage description
Situated only a few metres from one the finest white sandy beaches in the world, Shambani cottages offers you unique cottage style self contained accommodation in Diani.
Kenya`s top beach resort.
Located in a tropical garden on the beautiful Diani beach of South Coast Kenya close to the Congo River mosque. Shambani Cottages sets new heights in cottage resort accommodation. Let us make your stay in Africa a memorable experience.
Optional services: For a pleasant and comfortable holiday, Shambani offers to the guests optional services.
We can provide a good cook preparing the sea food arriving fresh every day from the beach, home-make bread and cakes(50 Euro x week).
We can take care about the first shopping, so the guests arriving in Shambani can find all they need (drinks, fruit, vegetables, fish etc) and the meal ready.
Beach: Shambani is connected to the beach by a nice pathway 300 meters long. On the amazing beach of the Congo mosque, on the side of the Mwachema river and his forest of baobas and mangroves, the guests will find our sun-beds for a comfortable and relaxing beach time.
Here 'the beach boy' Salim Omari can organise boat excursions to the reef or along the river, across the mangroves forest.
Transport and safaris: We can arrange for the guests car hire and organise excursions and safaris.
The exiting excursion to Kisite Marine Park, with boat excursion, goggling and sea food lunch on Wasini Islands costs 85 Euro.
We recommend the two day safari in Tsavo, sleeping at Tahri Camp, where is possible to see the wider range of wild animals.
Shimba cottage: Mombasa Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 8083ha
Traditional Makuti cottage, facing the swimming pool, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and a wide veranda for sitting and dining.
- 90 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Daily Maid Service
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- 2 doubles, 1 room with 3 beds
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The cottage is built in traditional African style with makuti roof. Downstairs one bedroom and one bathroom, the kitchen ,and the wide veranda, facing the swimming pool, with sitting area and dining area. On the side of the pool You will find the barbecue. Cottages are fully equipped, including bedding, towels, sun-beds. The security is provided by three askaris, dogs and Group 4 radio-alarm. Anyway the place is peaceful and quiet. In front of our gate there is the pathway, 300 meters long, going to the beautiful beach of Congo river Mosque. Shopping is possible to be done at the close African shops or at the near shopping centre. Small bus are stopping 800 meters from Shambani and radio taxi are available at reasonable prices. Telephone and fax are available in the office....moreless
- Away From It All
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Dining Area
- Sofa Bed
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- 4 Ring Stove
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Indoor Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
I spent a wonderful holiday in Mamba cottage, Shambani villas, in Diani Beach, Mombasa. A very comfortable cottage in a quiet, luxuriant vegetation near to the sea .Good and kind cook, good food (fish, vegetables, fruit)
- Guest sidebe (Milan, Italy)
- Date of stay 02/23/10
- Review Submitted 03/17/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Holiday Cottages in Shamban
Holiday Cottages in Shamban
I spent 30 days in Shamban Holiday Cottages. I greatly appreciated the accommodation offered to me and in particular the characteristic cottage (Simba) tastefully decorated in true Arabic style / Africa and the tropical garden. I was very good, the service is good, the staff, not least the cook assigned to me, good and competent. My most sincere congratulations.
- Guest hipermotard (Imola, Italy)
- Date of stay 01/20/10
- Review Submitted 02/18/10
Recommended for: Age 55+.
To confirm a booking, 50% of deposit is requested. Balance is due one month before arrival. On Christmas period the minimum stay is 2 weeks. On Easter period the minimum stay is 1 week. On August the minimu stay is 1 week. Weekly rates include transfer form Msa Airport, daily room cleaning, bedding, laundry service, electricity,gas and shared pool.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Mombasa Airport at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Mombasa at 22 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Mombasa at 23 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Mombasa-Tanzania border at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: beach at 300 Metres
- Primary: +0039 335 6343287 Kenya
- Secondary: +00254 720 13 2179 Europe
- Fax: +39 (0)542 30800 Europe
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Robinson island beach