Self Catering Cottages in South Coast of Kenya - Tembo Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Mombasa cottage description
Situated only a few metres from one the finest white sandy beaches in the world, Shambani cottages offers you unique cottage style self contained accommodation in Diani.
Kenya`s top beach resort.
Located in a tropical garden on the beautiful Diani beach of South Coast Kenya close to the Congo River mosque. Shambani Cottages sets new heights in cottage resort accommodation. Let us make your stay in Africa a memorable experience.
Optional services: For a pleasant and comfortable holiday, Shambani offers to the guests optional services.
We can provide a good cook preparing the sea food arriving fresh every day from the beach, home-make bread and cakes(50 Euro x week).
We can take care about the first shopping, so the guests arriving in Shambani can find all they need (drinks, fruit, vegetables, fish etc) and the meal ready.
Beach: Shambani is connected to the beach by a nice pathway 300 meters long. On the amazing beach of the Congo mosque, on the side of the Mwachema river and his forest of baobas and mangroves, the guests will find our sun-beds for a comfortable and relaxing beach time.
Here 'the beach boy' Salim Omari can organise boat excursions to the reef or along the river, across the mangroves forest.
Transport and safaris: We can arrange for the guests car hire and organise excursions and safaris.
The exiting excursion to Kisite Marine Park, with boat excursion, goggling and sea food lunch on Wasini Islands costs 85 Euro.
We recommend the two day safari in Tsavo, sleeping at Tahri Camp, where is possible to see the wider range of wild animals.
- Vacation Rental
- Daily Maid Service
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- King size bed + single bed
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The cottage is built in traditional African style with makuti roof. Downstairs one bedroom and one bathroom, the kitchen ,and the wide veranda, facing the swimming-pool, with sitting area and dining area. On the side of the pool You will find the barbecue. Cottages are fully equipped, including bedding, towels, sun-beds. The security is provided by three askaris, dogs and Group 4 radio-alarm. Anyway the place is peaceful and quiet. In front of our gate there is the pathway,300 meters long, going to the beautiful beach of Congo river Mosque. Shopping is possible to be done at the close African shops or at the near shopping centre. Small bus are stopping 800 meters from Shambani and radio taxi are available at reasonable prices. Telephone and fax are available in the office. ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Indoor Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
relax,sea and ideal base to undertake a safari
relax,sea and ideal base to undertake a safari
Shambani is a stupendous place to relax in an absolute way and is the ideal base to undertake a safari. The staff that handles the cottages is highly professional and always available. The furnishings of the cottages leave a visitor breathless. The beach is undoubtedly the most beautiful part of the coastline of Diani; there are not even too many beach boys and those that are there never excessively are intrude on the visitors. If there are annoyances, visitors have only to escape and refresh themselves in the swimming pool of Shambani: absolutely stupendous! The safaris organized in Shambani offer the maximum one that can be asked in professionalism and organization; Salim is a fabulous driver, an experienced guide and a fantastic person, the lodges proposed to spend the nights are the best on the market and the games driver are assured to evoke some great emotions in their guests and to deliver some wonderful momories. Vacation for 2 persons from Italy, Tuscany, 38 and 35 years old; Period vacation from end January and early February 2010.
- Guest sognavolafrica (Italy, Tuscany)
- Date of stay 01/31/10
- Review Submitted 02/21/10
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
wonderful place| we were 3 women and havent had any problems, very nice the cottage and the garden, wonderful all the workers, nice people, educated and always happy. the beach and the sea are unique. i suggest withouth problems. we hope to come back in nov| asante sana. marina
- Guest maziwa (grosseto, italy)
- Date of stay 02/14/09
- Review Submitted 03/02/09
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
To confirm a booking, 50% of deposit is requested. Balance is due one month before arrival. On Christmas period the minimum stay is 2 weeks. On Easter period the minimum stay is 1 week. On August the minimu stay is 1 week. Weekly rates include transfer form Msa Airport, daily room cleaning, bedding, laundry service, electricity,gas and shared pool.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Mombasa Airport at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Mombasa at 22 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Mombasa at 23 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Mombasa-Tanzania border at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: beach at 300 Metres
- Primary: +0039 335 6343287 Kenya
- Secondary: +00254 720 13 2179 Europe
- Fax: +39 (0)542 30800 Europe
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Robinson island beach
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.