Winter Rental Available Now;Fully Furnished
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Balboa Island cottage description
This is a lovely Balboa Island Cottage! Tastefully decorated to make your Balboa Island Vacation relaxing and comfortable. There are three bedrooms: the first has a trundle bed, the master has a king and the third bedroom has a double and a queen futon. There is a den with a queen futon couch and a large chair and ottoman which converts to a twin bed. (Pillow ticking red and white stripe covers). The den opens into a large, brick patio with table, umbrella and propane heater and barbeque. The house is equipped with every amenity and is located eight houses from the bay and a short block from the Balboa Island Ferry. The ferry connects with the Balboa Peninsula, the fun zone, rental boats (motor and sail), and the surf. We are half and hour from Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm; 15 minutes from shopping, fine restaurants and entertainment in South Coast Plaza, Newport Beach and Laguna.
The island itself is a step back in time. Truly, once you have slept on our island... it will be hard to leave...
Keywords: Balboa Island Beach House
- 1900 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 6-11
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (3) These are trundle beds in the front bedroom. There is a memory foam top mattress in the upper closet that will convert these beds to a queen. Cumbersome to put on, works well. This must be un-assembled and put away at time of departure. In addition,the den also has a futon 'chair' the width of a twin bed, with ottoman that converts to a twin bed., Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) There is a queen futon in the den.(All doors close and room can be a separate bedroom.) There is also a queen futon in the rear bedroom....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
There are extra folding charis in the closet. For summer dining there are long tables folded behind the cabinets in the patio and stacked yard chairs if you choose to use them; great summer dining!...moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Video Library:
- DVD Player:
- CD Player
- Music Library
- Kayak / Canoe
- Outdoor Grill
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Orange County is a thriving mini metropolis! It has every amenity imaginable and more. South Coast Plaza is world renowned for it's shopping with boutique stores, wonderful eateries and merry go rounds for the children. Restaurants abound with every cuisine from around the world in exceptional settings. Daily activities range from sitting on the beach to the most active water sports, gof, tennis, running or biking along the beach....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Jun 1 - Sep 15
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Half rental charge due at time of contract signing; balance and security deposit due 1 month in advance of occupancy.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
10% City of Newport Beach Rent tax added to all stays under one month
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: John Wayne Orange County Airport at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: short stroll down the sidewalk at 1 Miles
- Nearest Train: Costa Mesa at 2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 73 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mammoth Mountain at 325 Miles
Year Purchased: 1988
About the owner: We bought this house when our 7 children were young. It is the house of expanding walls! We now have 24 grandchildren (22 under 6) and 'the beach house' is as much theirs as ours. It is a family gathering place and is and has been a wonderful place of many memories! We want others to feel the comfort we have here. We treat it as a home, not a 'rental'.
Why the Owner Chose Balboa Island:
Balboa Island is a quintessential step back in time! It is the place children should experience from the gentle Bay to the ferry connecting to the penninsula. It is a place where parents can give their 5 year old money to walk down to the store and not worry! Where a 5 year old feels 'old' because they can be treated like children of 'old'. It is a magical place of rest and relax steps from the hubhub of Newport Shopping and todays demands. When you cross the bridge to the island and see the sails on the boats, your heart sails! For young or old, it is the best!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The island is a separated from todays world as you choose to make it! It is 20 minutes to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm, 10 minutes to Southcoast Plaza, 10 minutes to Newport Fashion Island, minutes to great golf, tennis and water activities. But, for total relaxation ride a bike or walk the island,shop our Marine Street specialty shops, ride the ferry to the Balboa Penninsula and have dinner, ride the ferris wheel, carousel and play in the arcades; or rent an electric boat, grab a pizza and have dinner cruising around the Bay. The options are endless!
- Primary: (626) 403-3023
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house with dutch door
Den opening to patio
North Bay, 8 houses from the front door!
Dining room off living room area
Front bedroom with trundle bed
Back bedroom with available outside access door
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 03, 2013