Pleasant Combination of Prague Visit and the Countryside Relax with Close Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Prague guest house description
The original Red House was built in 1943 by Rudolf Pachl, the owner of a chocolate factory in Prague. In 2010, Otto Hofmann, the son of the famous Czech screenplay writer Ota Hofman, completely renovated this beloved house where his father used to do some of his creative work. While the house was thoroughly modernized, Otto kept the layout similar to the original one he knew as a boy. This means that the second story consists in part of a loft which overlooks the living room which contains the TV. (As a boy, Otto used to lie in the loft of the original Red House and watch some of his father’s work on television.) The loft contains a double bed and comfortable reading chair. The second bedroom contains a daybed and can be completely private as it is separated from the loft and the third bedroom by two doors. The third bedroom is the largest and contains a double bed, a single bed and a sofa sleeper in addition to plenty of storage for clothes. Downstairs are two comfortable living spaces separated by a fully equipped, modern kitchen. As mentioned earlier, the first living space contains a flat-screen television, a home theatre system and a collection of both books, DVDs and audio CDs. Of particular interest are the DVDs of Ota Hoffman’s best known children’s series “Pan Tau” and “Lucie”, which were born in the original Red House. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Tau for more information). The second living space contains a comfortable sectional sofa and a romantic fireplace. Finally, a spacious shower room is also on the ground floor which contains a washing machine for your convenience.
The Red House is a lovely cottage, rich in Czech cinema history, located conveniently 20 minutes (by car) from Prague and 35 minutes (by train) from Prague city center in the pleasant town of Ricany. This two-story, three-bedroom home sits at the back of a beautifully landscaped, 2000 square-meter, private garden that features a roofed BBQ, attractive statues, an outdoor shower and plenty of garden seating.
This thoroughly modern property is perfect for a couple or a family with children of any age. There are numerous amenities located within both walking and biking distance of Red House. For example, Red House is located:
• less than 100 meters from a community park containing a volleyball court, a small football pitch, a paved track and a well-appointed children’s playground
• 300 meters from Lake Juracek, a popular and safe local swimming spot featuring a charming restaurant that serves excellent continental food and 10 kilometers of walking/biking trails around the lake and through the nearby forest
• 400 meters from tennis courts
• 500 meters from a pizzeria and a Chinese restaurant
• 2 kilometers from bowling
• 6 kilometers from Aqua Palace, the largest indoor aqua park in Central Europe
The owner of Red House will welcome guests at the airport and transport them to the property at no additional charge. He and his family live at the opposite end of the property, ready to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible with a variety of services available upon agreement such as cleaning, food delivery from local restaurants and breakfast service.
You will be completely comfortable at Red House any time of year thanks to automatic, gas, central heating.
- 124 m²
- Guest House
- Guest House
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Discover beauty of Prague with countryside comfort. Ideal for families. Red house is in the rear of large garden with very old trees. There is roofed barbecue corner with sitting for 10-12 people. Large outdoor fireplace. Garden is hidden to the eyes from all sides and provide luxury comfort of absolute privacy. On the other side is completely surrounded by other gardens of residential area, therefore quite safe. Very close 300 m is very beautiful unique forest lake with nice beach. Tennis courts are close as well. Nice walks to the forest or using the bikes. Large children playground is opposite the house with volleyball courts, street ball, skate ramp, in-line track and several children attractions. Several restaurants are around with different kind of food. Very good and nice Jurecek lake Restaurant with pleasant atmosphere. Chinese restaurant, Italian Pizzeria all not more than 0.5 km. We can arrange to bring food of your choice to you, prepare barbecue...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Not Necessary
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Fitness Centre
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Ice Skating
- Dining Area
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Local Maps
- Alarm Clock
- Wireless Internet
- Sofa Bed
- Housekeeper Optional
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
ReviewsWrite a review
NY Eve in the Red House
NY Eve in the Red House
We were two families accommodated in the Red House for 9 days during New Year holidays. It was our first time to be in the Czech Republic and we have chosen the Red House as it was perfectly situated in the Prague area and has a very nice setting- perfectly for our children. Our Czech winter looked like a fairytale story thanks to this cosy, warm place which is settled at the edge of forest. It seems like forest is spreading over a vast Red House backyard and makes a green oasis even in winter time. In a nutshell- our stay here was beyond our expectations. The house is very charming and our host Otto was more then helpful. It was a perfect base for discovering the Prague and many other places in Bohemia. We explored the Prague, Kutna Hora town, Karlstejn castle, Plzen brewery and relaxed in the Aqua Palace spa. Every evening we were returning to our small peaceful peace of paradise to relax and plan the next day. We would strongly recommend this accommodation. Kolic families from Serbia
- Guest misa k.
- Date of stay 12/30/11
- Review Submitted 01/07/12
This was the perfect place for us to stay on our visit to Prague! We wanted somewhere where our dog could run around and this could not have been more wonderful. The family was gracious and welcoming and the property was in superb condition. It is very close to Prague and I would certainly recommend this spot to anyone.
- Guest Sarah B.
- Date of stay 06/17/11
- Review Submitted 07/11/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Wir waren im März für 1 Woche mit fünf Personen und zwei Hunden im "red house" und haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt! Das Haus ist ausgesprochen gemütlich, persönlich und individuell mit angenehmer Atmosphäre. Durch die zweite offene Ebene sehr großzügig und trotzdem heimelig. Es ist sauber und ansprechend eingerichtet, groß genug, dass man auch mal für sich sein kann. Das Kaminzimmer kuschelig und der Garten eingezäunt und riesig, von den Schlafräumen schaut man direkt in die alten Bäume... Sehr hunde- und kinderfreundlich! Die Gegend ist super, der Wald am Haus ist wunderbar für lange Spaziergänge (mit Hunden und Kindern), es gibt Spielplätze, Sportanlagen, einen See mit Schwimmbad und einem Restaurant mit ausgezeichneter Küche und schöner Einrichtung. Ricany ist ein lebendiger kleiner Ort (...an der Kirche gibt es ein nettes Kaffee mit großartiger heisser Schokolade :-)). Und zum guten Schluss ist man auch noch in einer halben Stunde mit der Bahn in Prag. Die Fahrkarten kosten nicht viel und die komfortablen Züge fahren stündlich, so dass man zwischen lebhaftem Treiben und städtischer Kultur in Prag und Ruhe und Natur im Ferienhaus wechseln kann wie man möchte, eine ideale Kombination. Bei uns war es kalt und trotzdem sehr schön und ich glaube, dass Haus und Gegend zu jeder Zeit reizvoll sind. Der Vermieter ist sehr nett, unkompliziert und hilfsbereit. Ach ja und Pan Tau ist sowieso Kult!
- Guest susanne k.
- Date of stay 03/16/13
- Review Submitted 03/23/13
una vacanza indimenticabile ed un'ospitalità unica. La casa è forse più bella di come si vede nelle fotografie e con 15/20 minuti in treno (la stazioncina è a 10 min. a piedi) si può raggiungere il centro di Praga. Otto, il proprietario, è persona colta e deliziosa. grazie
- Guest marco d.
- Date of stay 08/13/11
- Review Submitted 08/23/11
Recommended for: Pet owners, families with young children.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Prague International at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Ricany Station at 1.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Prague Circle and D1 at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Jurecek Forest Lake at 0.3 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Marta at 0.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Liberec at 110 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Podebrady at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Jurecek Lake Restaurant at 0.3 Kilometres
- Primary: +420 731185299
- Secondary: +420 323606181
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Newly renovated Red House
Live fire, glass of wine or whiskey
Double bed on the balcony
Fully equipped kitchen
Unique Jurecek forest lake
Tennis Club in the forest is 300 meters far
Painting of House as looked years ago
Covered barbecue with GOLEM fireplace
Lovely view over garden
Large from all sides hidden garden
Covered barbecue for nice evenings
Relax at TV, reading book or select DVD
Beach Voleyball at Jurecek Lake
Marvelous pine tree over 100 years old
Castle ruins with dwarf guard
Balcony above living room
Fireplace for nice evening atmosphere
Nice large garden
4 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.