Large, Detached House in Rural Japan, Near Tokyo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tokyo house description
If you are looking for 'real Japan', and would like to stay in a large, detached house in the countryside, off the beaten track but only an hour away from Tokyo, this could be what you are looking for. Izui offers 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms and 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite).
The rooms are a mixture of Japanese and western style, so some bedrooms have beds, while others offer more flexible arrangements using futon. Enjoy traditional tatami floors and paper screens, or relax on the 6-seater corner sofa for an evening of DVDs or satellite TV on the 42' plasma TV. The house is perfect for families, and is baby and toddler friendly - as well as a full-size cot and high-chair, a selection of toys, books and a Yamaha clavinova are available to use freely. The garden is fully enclosed and safe for children.
Situated in a quiet area of an old village, the house offers tranquillity with the convenience of a shopping mall, zoo, parks and restaurants all within 15 minutes drive.
From the nearest station, Takasaka, trains depart every 5-15 minutes for the 50-minute journey direct to Ikebukuro, one of the major stations in Tokyo.
A 7-seater car can be provided for hire at an extra cost. Please enquire for further details.
Courses and classes: Japanese cultural activities can also be provided at extra cost. Possibilities include (but are not limited to) Japanese language classes, kimono wearing, Japanese cooking, flower arranging, calligraphy and Japanese dance. In season, it is also possible to arrange participation in community activities such as rice planting and harvesting. Activities are provided by members of the local community, so this is a good way to meet local people as well as learn something new. Please enquire for further details.
A comprehensive brochure with basic Japanese expressions, information about local facilities and attractions, and English instructions for all the Japanese appliances is provided for your convenience. A native-English speaker is also on hand nearby to answer any questions, provide assistance and advice, and meet you at the nearest train or bus station when you arrive.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Car Optional
- Car Available
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Low Allergen Environment
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Three of the four bedrooms in the house are located upstairs. Bedroom 2 is a tatami room, with space to fit two futon comfortably. On the other side of the landing, Bedroom 1 has a double bed. Access to Bedroom 3 is through Bedroom 1 (or by rear stairs via Bedroom 4), and this bedroom is designed as a children's bedroom, with a child's bed and a full-size cot. There is also plenty of space to put an extra futon in Bedroom 3. Downstairs, Bedroom 4 has a single bed, space for an extra futon if required, and a small en-suite bathroom with toilet, bath and shower. The rooms comfortably sleep 5 adults, a child and a baby, and extra futon can be provided to sleep up to 10 people (including children) if required....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 2 Half Bathrooms
- The main bathroom is located downstairs, and there is a separate toilet. There is another toilet upstairs. There is also an en-suite bathroom in Bedroom 4. The main bathroom is Japanese style - there is a dressing area, and then a wet area with a shower and bath. The bath has automatic controls to set the level and temperature of water, and a control to keep water hot for up to 2 hours....moreless
- A welcome pack containing basic food items is provided on arrival. Special requirements (e.g. vegan) are catered for. Basic everyday items (e.g. shampoo, soap, washing powder, washing up liquid) are also provided. An English-speaking co-ordinator lives nearby and is available to answer questions and organize optional Japanese cultural activities if required....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Books For Kids
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
sports and adventure activities
- Dining Room
- Child's Highchair
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Security System
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Living Room
- Wireless Internet
- Computer Available
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Broadband Access
- Towels Provided
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 19 nights or more: £100 Nightly
Nov 17 - Mar 15
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: £100 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Please contact directly for rates for longer stays.
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Narita/Haneda at 50 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Takasaka at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Higashi-Matsuyama at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Selection of Japanese, Chinese, Italian and other at 3 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We are both university lecturers, formerly teaching in universities in Japan, and now living in the UK so that our children can know both their parents' languages and cultures.
Why the Owner Chose Tokyo:
We loved this house the minute we saw it, put in an offer 2 hours after our first viewing, and intend to retire here in the future. While we are not living here, we would like other people to be able to experience what it is like to live in the Japanese countryside, among rice fields and woods, in an old area of the village where the quiet is only broken by the crowing of cockerels, the cicada in summer, and the distant noise of children playing at the local elementary school.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Some of the things previous holidaymakers have enjoyed are cycling locally, buying vegetables grown by local farmers at the 100-yen honesty box vegetable stall by the school, swimming in the river nearby, picnics in Saitama Children's Zoo (10 minutes drive away), getting to know the local sake shop manager, a day as a librarian in the local library, visits to the local nursery, visits to the Chichibu mountains, day trips to Tokyo and Kawagoe, visiting local shrines and temples, trying out new Japanese dishes, and trying brush calligraphy.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
House from the outside
Bedroom 1 (leading to children's bedroom)
Bedroom 3 (Children's bedroom)
Japanese style bathroom
Kitchen with gas oven
Traditional paper screens
Stained glass windows
Lawn area from front gate
View from the children's bedroom
Large activity room (or extra bedroom with futon)
Bedroom 2 (Japanese style bedroom with futon)
Bedroom 4 with en-suite bathroom (downstairs)
Washing machine and dryer
Kitchen with appliances including rice cooker
House from the front (with optional car)
The Japanese style half of the garden in autumn
Local rice harvesting
4 Bedroom / 1.5+ Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.