The owner, Fabrice, met me at the Piazzale Roma, and walked to the apartment. It is very conveniently located near the (land) bus, train station (Ferrovia), and water bus (vapporetto) stops. The apartment itself is in an easy-to-find, easy-to-access location that is quiet and safe. It was exactly as it appears in the photos--very nicely furnished with a well stocked kitchen. The nearest Co-Op is to the left (as you come out onto the main calle); there are plenty of fresh produce stalls in this direction, too, as well as small stores with "convenience" items. I enjoyed cooking in "my kitchen." The furniture is comfortable with a very nice bed and lovely bathrooms. A portable wifi unit was really appreciated so I could post all my great Venice pictures.
- Avoid the restaurants and souvenir shops in front of the Ferrovia vapporetto stand--overpriced and not great quality.
- Head over the big bridge and follow the yellow arrows Per San Marco for a wonderfully twisting route through narrow streets and over quaint bridges. You will find lovely local shops with everything from leather goods to chocolates to pet supplies.
- Another nice walking route is to head left in front of the Ferrovia vapporetto stand. This direction will take you to the Co-Op, produce stands, clothing stores, and better quality souvenirs. Turn left after crossing the first bridge and you will be at the entrance to the Jewish ghetto area. The Gam-Gam Israeli restaurant near the Guglie vapporetto stop has great food.
- Buy a vapporetto ticket for the duration of your stay. They sell 24/36/48/72-hour and one week passes. This is the best way to travel, and the pass is also good for the other islands. Don't wear a backpack or carry a wallet in your back pocket.
- Visit Murano, Burano, the Lido, and Torcello! Each is unique and picturesque and can be visited by vapporetto. Consider taking a lunch.
Finally, forget about your map and just go. Follow the arrows painted on building corners to major landmarks rather than using the long, changing street names. When you get lost (and you will), enjoy the scenery and discover some of the great bars and restaurants tucked away from the tourist areas. Eventually you will arrive at a major landmark or vapporetto stop.
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you for this comment. We have was delighted to receive you.
Did you find this review helpful?Yes | NoHelpful votes:0/0
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.