VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
A charming large one-room cottage on a lovely property with award winning gardens (featured in Sunset Magazine and in Deck, Patio & Pool). The cottage is completely private, with no other homes adjacent. There is a private shaded furnished patio/terrace and another private patio on the side which is sunny.
The cottage has a queen bed, a fireplace, a full kitchen and bath. There is a lush and productive organic vegetable garden for your use.
This lovely property is located near the wonderful open space provided by the extensive grounds of St. Anthony's Seminary and the Old Mission. The Upper East Side is Santa Barbara's loveliest neighborhood yet is within walking distance to downtown Santa Barabara's diverse and cosmopolitan shops and restaurants.
Some comments from recent guests:
* 'Thank you again for sharing your charming cottage. We loved the privacy, the gardens and the sun patio. All the conveniences of home but in a little garden of Eden.' Jim and Susan Elvert 02/17/09
* 'Thank you again for such a lovely place. Clarence and I really enjoyed it and will certainly want to come back in the future.' Janny 01/27/09
* 'I just want to thank you for the beautiful stay this past weekend. Your cottage was everything as described and more. We would love to come back again. Thank you.' 01/19/09
* 'Nicole and I are waaay late in thanking you for providing such a wonderful, romantic, perfectly located cottage for our trip to Santa Barbara! Hope you get lots of folks to stay, and we'll definitely recommend this to friends (and strangers) who plan to stay in SB. Post our comment on VRBO if you want. Your little cottage deserves it!' Brooks 07/14/08
See other comments from guests. Parliamo anche italiano.
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Each rental also requires a $75 cleaning fee. Therre are no other charges or taxes.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The neighborhood -- the Upper Eastside -- is a beautiful place for walks of any length.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: My husband is retired from a lifetime in public service. I work in the nonprofit sector and have for most of my life.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage: As you enter the back yard you will see a 100 year old Live Oak tree that is magnificent and certainly was a big reason we bought this property. We are walkers and our neighborhood is the best walking area in town, filled with mansions, beautiful gardens (public and private), lovely churches.