Aug Sale Palm Home, 400' 2beach, 3b/2b Priv Home-Pool/Hot Tub-4 wk Min
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
*** PLEASE NOTE: Private rental homes on Sanibel are required to rent for a minimum of 4 weeks by City of Sanibel zoning law. This is the law set by the CITY, not a rule set by us. NO RENTAL FOR LESS THAN 28 NIGHTS (4 weeks).
Both Sanibel condominiums and any rental on Captiva Island are allowed to rent by the week. If you wish to rent less than 4 weeks, please check accommodations listed with the Sanibel Chamber of Commerce: sanibel-captiva - dot - org or 239~472~1080 . For our current dates and rates available, please email or call Sanibel International site (4sanibel), sorry VRBO calendar not maintained.
-~-~-~-Palm Home, Private Residence Directly Across From very popular but uncrowded West Gulf Drive Beach ~-~-~-
More photos on my Sanibel International website.
Private beach retreat home has three bedrooms, two baths; about 1500 square feet, on West Gulf Drive, just across the street from the nearly private West Gulf Drive beach, a beach noted for its good shelling.
This home is the Palm home of Sanibel International Vacation Home Rentals (owned and operated by Susan Hanna), please see our website for Sanibel International for more details.
Most popular rental of all our rentals. Can't be any closer unless beachfront. Vaulted ceilings. Large pool (32x15) and overflow hot tub. Recently remodeled.
A peaceful, quiet island home which is furnished with maximum enjoyment and comfort in mind.
In this three bedroom home, the bedding arrangement is a king, a queen and two twins.
All amenities such as beach chairs, umbrellas, high-speed wireless internet and network, and the property owner lives just down the street! Anything that you might want for an enjoyable and relaxing beach vacation.
Please email or call for more information. All of our residential rental homes are located in one of the most quiet areas of Sanibel with the least crowded beaches, West Gulf Drive.
Sanibel is rated #1 by Frommers as a vacation destination, and is a top destination by Conde Nast, a island nature preserve for many who seek to commune with nature and natural environments.
'Sanibel and Captiva Islands have been recognized in Conde Nast Traveler magazine's 2004 Reader's Choice Awards ranking of the Top-ten North American Islands list. The popular travel magazine surveyed its 771,000 readers asking them to rate their favorite island destinations for scenery, friendliness, lodging, restaurants and activities.
Sanibel ranked fifth while Captiva came in at eighth. Referring to the islands as 'newcomers among established stars', other prominent vacation destinations on the list included Vancouver Island, Nantucket, Hilton Head, Prince Edward Island and Kiawah, S.C.'
Life Magazine Jan 13, 2006 issue ranked Sanibel Island in its top ten US beach destinations. Other newer rankings are available, Sanibel always ranks in top 10, but is not really very well known!
You may not want to visit Sanibel Island if you want exciting night life or a busy activity schedule (for that you should go to the Miami area or Florida's East Coast area instead!) Sanibel is an idyllic natural area, best for quiet family retreats, seeking to have a relaxing time, enjoying each other, and nature's best shows - dolphins, birds, shells, the ocean and waves, bicycling on our 26 miles of bike paths, the peace and quiet relaxation of a slower pace of life.
- Vacation Rental
A small dog or dogs may be allowed at owner's discretion. A non-refundable pet fee is charged for each pet. No cats, sorry, allergies. Please make sure to let me know if you wish to bring a pet, I thank you for your cooperation....moreless
Kids are welcome! bring 'em all! Families find our vacation homes, gites, Ferienhausen, to be very comfortable and family friendly. We specialize in homes that are an easy walk to the Sanibel beach!...moreless
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (3) Each of the two master bedroom suites is equipped with a king bed, a third guest room has a king bed., Double Beds (1) 1 double or full bed in the office/den 5th bedroom, Twin or Single Beds (3) 2 twin beds in 4th bedroom, Child Beds (1) toddler bed available for rent upon request and reserved on first request basis. Also have high chairs (2)....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Washing Machine
- Covered Parking
Satellite / Cable:
(3) Home Theater. Large screen, 46' Sony Bravia HDTV with HD cable programming and surround sound and 5 speakers. Cable TV in both Master bedrooms. Three to four TVs total - each master bedroom has TV plus DVD (and VCR in main master), plus additional TV available for twin room. Blu-ray DVD player is a part of the large screen home theater. TVs with cable TV and DVDs in each of the two masters. One additional TV in twin room (without cable connection, as of yet). Total of 4 TVs....moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet:
- Computer Available:
- Free Long Distance:
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
Lanai / Gazebo:
(2) Two porches, front and back of house. One porch overlooks the pool with an additional screened in dining area (table and chairs). A porch/eating area on the sunny front of the house with table and chairs and an umbrella. Also table and chairs and umbrella in pool area....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Beach View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Gambling Casinos
- Botanical Garden
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Sanibel Island is world reknown for having great shelling beaches, great seashells. Sanibel is ranked as the third best in the WORLD, after a beach in Australia and in the Phillipines; thus Sanibel Island has the best 'shelling beaches' in the US. See photos. There are also 26 miles of bike paths and 2/3 of the Island is a dedicated nature preserve, Ding Darling National WildLife Refuge. Ding Darling is world famous as a bird and wildlife sanctuary. There are guided bus tours, kayaking, hiking the trail, a nature center. They have a website if you google Ding Darling....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Aug & Sep . . . $3,500 (4 weeks) (2012) (AUG ON SALE!!) Oct 2012 .... $4,000 (Nov 2012 already rented) Dec . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $6,300 (4 weeks) (2012) Jan: $8,400 Feb: $11,352 Mar: $12,614 (4 weeks) (2011) March 2012 already rented . . . . . . . . . . . Please add 11% Florida Sales Tax to these rates. 4 WEEK MINIMUM RENTAL. Refundable security deposit required. Non-refundable Pet Fee for pet owners. Rates listed are for four weeks, usually Saturday to Saturday, but may be flexible
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: Susan Hanna owns operates and manages several private Sanibel vacation homes and has been doing so since 1999.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
Sanibel is a paradise Island in the Gulf of Mexico, unparalleled by any other beach destination in the United States. No high rises, no crowds. Highest season is Feb and March, even then the nearby beach is not crowded, located approximately 400 feet away), 26 miles of bikes paths, a world famous nature preserve with great birding (Ding Darling National Wildlife), no stop lights, dark and starry skies, peace and solitude and a quiet place to unwind with your family.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
R&R, shelling, fishing, birding, swimming in the heated and screened private pool and overflow hot tub.
- Primary: (239) 472-0692 (Florida, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beach - uncrowded and shelly West Gulf Drive beach
walk across into the beach path!
house, yard and screened pool, beach path opposite driveway.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 27, 2013