5 Star Luxury Home with Sea & Burren Mountain Views Co Clare
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Burren house description
Burren Quay self-catering accommodation in New Quay, County Clare consists of two interconnected but independent beautifully furnished accommodation units, which are available for rent to discerning clients jointly or individually.
The main three bedroom house (250 square metres) can accommodate seven people while the adjoining two bedroom apartment (100 square metres) can accommodate four people. Please be sure to check out our website for additional details and photos.
The units are inter-connected by a first floor security door which can be opened to consolidate the units to accommodate large, related groups.
Both units are beautifully furnished with a beautiful blend of antique and modern furnishings. Situated in the magical kingdom of the Burren, land of the fertile rock, the Burren is Ireland's flagship heritage landscape - from flora to fauna, geology to archaeology, agriculture to community.
For many people it is the archaeology that is of most interest in the Burren: with over 500 ring forts and over 80 known Neolithic tombs, the Burren is very well endowed in this regard, resembling 'one vast memorial to bygone cultures' according to cartographer Tim Robinson.
For other people the main source of attraction is the landscape itself, the unique panoramas of grey that provide such a stark contrast to Ireland’s proverbial ‘forty shades of green’. The Burren hills are teeming with such geological oddities as labyrinthine cave systems, disappearing streams and lakes, tiered hillsides and oddly dissected pavements.
The Burren has a wonderfully rich and vibrant culture, possibly captured best in the fascinating agricultural traditions that have evolved in the area over thousands of years. The physical and anecdotal evidence of this remarkable story of human interaction with a landscape still lingers in the Burren - a cultural resource of enormous significance.
Keywords: House and Apartment
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
- There are 5 bedrooms in total; 3 in the House (1 Super King, 2 King and 1 Single beds) and 2 bedrooms in the apartment (2 Super King Beds). Each bedroom is very large with high ceilings and plenty of natural light. Stylishly decorated and in neutral colors to the highest standards, all bedrooms have ample storage for clothes and personal belongings. Furnishings, bed linen and towels are of international 5 Star Hotel quality....moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Stove:
- Fully furnished and equipped home away from home with landscaped Garden and Lawn, Parking for 6 or more vehicles. Large and spacious house. Bright and high-ceilinged living areas upstairs that maximize magnificent sea and mountain views. Main House: Three Bedrooms (all ensuite) with One Super King-size Bed, Two King-size Beds & One Single Bed. Separate guest WC. Separate laundry room with washer/dryer. Apartment: Two Super King-size Bedrooms (one ensuite). One separate bathroom/shower room. Combination Washer-Dryer. ...moreless
- Video Library:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
Nestled between farmlands, the mountains and the Flaggy Shore - New Quay offers the perfect setting for hiking, swimming, painting, walking, horse riding, playing golf, fishing and a lot more....moreless
- Mountain View:
- Rock Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Burrenquay is located on elevated ground and has sweeping views over the sea and the Burren mountains. Key Attractions - The Flaggy Shore, (10 minute stroll from the house) outside of high tide, stroll & skip over flat limestone rocks and paddle in magical crab-infested(!) rock pools along the shore. There is also a 3 mile loop walk - along shore, lake and inland. The lake contains magnificent mute swans. - Linnane's Seafood Restaurant & Pub is a 5 minute stroll - The Russell Gallery (art & ceramics gallery and wine bar) is an 8 minute stroll - 18th C Martello Towers located within walking distance . Nearby trails include Abbey Hill (10 minutes drive) and the Green Rd from Fanore (30/45 minutes drive) or climb Mullaghmore (40 minutes drive) - Aillwee Caves, 30 minutes drive - Fanore and Lahinch (swim & surf) - Burren National Park, Cahercummaun Fort and Poulnabron tomb, Corkscrew Hill are all within 30 -40 minutes drive - Cliffs of Moher, the Aran Islands Ferry are around 60 minutes drive - world class Golf Courses including Lahinch Links & Doonbeg around 60 minutes drive or Gort Golf club around 30 minutes drive - The fantastic Mountainview Riding Stables near Lisdoonvarna. - Kinvarra, home of Cruinniu na mBad festival (the annual Boat Gathering) in Aug, 15 minutes drive - -The medieval City of Galway for The Galway Arts Festival (July), The Galway Races (July) and The Oyster Festival (Sept) or visit at any time of the year, 1 hour's drive....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
House ............ €1,100/week. Apartment ........ € 650/week. House/Apartment .. €1500/week. Minimum one week rental period. Favourable rates offered for (i) low season rental (ii) rentals for longer than 2 consecutive weeks
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Shannon Airport at 30 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ardrahan at 10 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Flaggy Shore at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Linnanes at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Gort at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Linnanes at 0.5 Miles
About: We live overseas, but we (the parents) have known and visited the Burren for decades. We return to the Burren every year and it never ceases to delight and amaze us.
I came to New Quay, the Burren, every summer in my childhood. And I continue to do so as an adult with my family! The Flaggy Shore is the subject of Seamus Heaney's poem 'Postscript': 'And some time make the time to drive out west ... Into County Clare, along the Flaggy Shore....'
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This is our home away from home, and we hope you find find your stay to be likewise.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of the House
Main House - Kitchen
Main House - Dining Area
Main House - Master Bedroom
Main House - Bedroom
Apartment - Kitchen
Back Garden Seating Area
Martello Tower - a long walk or a short drive from Burrenquay!
Aran Islands - photo taken from Green Road in Fanore
Cliffs of Moher
Main House - Living/Dining
Main House - Living Room
Main House - Master Bedroom
Main House - Bedroom
Apartment - Stove
Apartment - Bedroom
Hills to the front of the House
Mullaghmore - an inspiring climb
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 01, 2013
5 Bedroom / 5.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.