Central Berkeley Modern House-Walk to Uc (Cal), Downtown, Dining, and Transport
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Berkeley house description
Short-term Fully Furnished 2BR/1BA Rental Home - Central Berkeley
2BR/1BA Renovated Luxury Home
Perfect as a Short-Term Rental - Everything Included: No need to pay for anything else
More Info with Pictures on web site (see link below) or type Berkeley McGee House into any search engine.
** Fully remodeled and furnished 2 bedroom / 1 bath house
** fully stocked kitchen (with dishwasher)
** 40' Sony Google HD TV (with Netflix unlimited streaming subscription included - plus a DVD/CD player on a surround sound stereo system)
** broadband internet (wifi)
** organic cotton linens
** phone (free long distance and voice mail)
** washer and dryer
** quiet tree lined street
** private fenced-in backyard
** hard wood floors
** lots of southern light
** 7 blocks to UC Berkeley campus and 6 blocks to downtown Berkeley (very easy walk)
** tons of restaurant, movie, theatre, and entertainment options
QUIET CENTRAL BERKELEY NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE (part of side-by-side duplex):
- 7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley (near MLK and Bancroft). Very easy walk.
- Perfect for short-term rental (see below in pricing for details) - No need to setup and pay utilities or to buy furnishings: everything is included.
- Fully remodeled house - quiet tree lined street - private fenced-in backyard (other duplex unit has it’s own separate backyard).
- 2 bedrooms (2BR) – one full bathroom (tiled floor) with tub and shower (1BA).
- Hard wood floors - fireplace - no apartment above unit - only one common wall - lots of southern light - furnace for heat (separate WisperWarm heating in bathroom).
- All utilities at no extra cost: internet (as above), Netflix on TV, phone service (unlimited calls to US and Canada numbers - incoming calls - voice mail), and of course all basic utilities as well: electricity, natural gas/heat, water, and trash service.
- Bedding and linens included: all sheets and towels are 100% organic cotton
- Fully furnished: Washer/Dryer (W/D), all kitchen equipment (pots and pans, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishwasher), sofa, tables, chairs, beds, TV, etc..
- Perfect for visiting Cal faculty (10 minute walk to campus), or as a corporate apartment rental, or as a vacation rental. Great alternative to a hotel. Accommodates up to 5 persons.
GREAT CONVENIENT BERKELEY LOCATION:
- 7 blocks from University of California at Berkeley (Cal) campus (10 minute walk - about 1/2 mile).
- 6 blocks from Downtown Berkeley BART station and all downtown amenities (restaurants, shops, cinemas, banks, library, buses).
- 25 minute ride on the BART to Downtown San Francisco.
- 4 blocks from large grocery store.
- Close to everything, but a very quiet residential neighborhood.
- Very easy access to highway I-80.
- 10 minute drive to downtown Oakland or Emeryville.
- One block to Berkeley’s Bike network.
AVAILABLE: Year Round (See availability calendar on web site listed below) (see below for minimum booking fee)
LOCATION: McGee Ave at Bancroft Way; Berkeley, CA 94703 (see location/directions on web page listed below)
CONTACT: To get details on the unit, contact Mark Foy: Mark's e-mail: [see the below link]
More info about the condo with pictures: see specific web site: which is vitalita dot com slash rental
Directions: From I-80 and the University Ave exit, go east on University for about 1.5 miles. Turn right at McGee Ave (about 3 blocks after Sacramento). Go two and a half blocks (between Allston Way and Bancroft Way).
Keywords: House, Condo, Townhome, Duplex, Bungalow, Flat
- 1 story
- 775 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- BEDROOM 1 - Queen size Bed sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - windows in bedrooms have blackout roller shades - see photos at www.vitalita.com/rental/photos/ BEDROOM 2 - Double Bed sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - blackout roller shades OTHER SLEEPING OPTIONS - There is also a twin sized air mattress available on request. This is quick inflate mattress which can be placed in one of the bedrooms or in the main living space. And in a pinch, if needed, someone could sleep on the sofa (only 1 'not very tall' person because the sofa does not fold out)...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- All towels are organic cotton; Hansgrohe Raindance shower head (for an extra luxurious shower) (handshower option); Glass enclosure around the bathtub, so there is no shower curtain to attract mildew, and water does not get around the rest of the bathroom; Special Panasonic Whisper Warm Ceiling Heating Unit/Fan - wonderful for providing fast heat in the bathroom during the winter; Toto Toilet with a very quite flush...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
The dining area is part of the main room; dining table has built in leaves (expanders) that slide out to creating seating space for 6. Upon request, a child's highchair can be placed in the house....moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
Central heating: The house was insulated in 2006, and a high efficiency central force air furnace was installed in 2011; so this house maintains a more comfortable temp than many houses in Berkeley...moreless
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $100
- Taxes Included
*LOWER RATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR LONGER STAYS * Rates vary by length of booking.
** Please inquiry for exact pricing based on dates.
* In general, the minimum rental period is 2 weeks, but on occasion, shorter stays of 10 nights or 5 night maybe available (sometimes min is > 2 weeks). Please inquiry.
* See http://www.vitalita.com/rental/rates_berkeley_short_term_apartment.html for more details
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
A Little Information About Berkeley:
* Berkeley is a town about 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco (in the East Bay)
* The main feature of Berkeley is the University of California at Berkeley campus (Cal) which is known world-wide. The campus was the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement in 1964.
* Berkeley is a beautiful town with lots of interesting craftsman architecture. It has a superb mild climate and beautiful geography (where something is blooming every month of the year).
* From the town there are spectacular views of San Francisco, the bay, and the hills of Berkeley.
* Because of Berkeley´s central location, it can be used as a based to explore San Francisco (20 minutes), Napa/Sonoma (1 hour), the Marin Redwoods (45 minutes), Santa Cruz (1.5 hours), and all of the San Francisco Bay area.
* Berkeley also has: world-class restaurants (Chez Panisse, Bay Wolf, and more), UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive, Zellerback Hall for cultural events, Lawrence Hall of Science (great for kids), Tilden Park (also great for kids), as well as hiking, biking, lakes, etc.
Parks Near to the McGee House:
* Berkeley has many parks
* The parks that are closest to the McGee house are:
* Becky Temko Tot Park - 2424 Roosevelt Street (near Channing)
* Washington School Park - 2300 MLK Jr. Way (near Bancroft Way)
* Presentation Park - 2199 California St. (at Allston Way)
* MLK Jr. Civic Center Park - 2151 MLK Jr. Way (at Allston Way)
Other House Location Information:
* About 1.75 miles from the Clark Kerr Campus located at the University of California at Berkeley
* About 2.5 miles from Children's Hospital Oakland which is also co-located with the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI) - so if you are looking for a place to stay during an extended visit to the Oakland Children's Hospital and/or Research Center, the McGee house can provide that option as it is located nearby
* About 2 miles from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL or LBL or Berkeley Labs) in Berkeley
* About 4 miles from Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley
* About 10 miles from Mills College in Oakland
* Many shops and restaurants within .5 miles around the house
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Mark lives about 15 blocks from the McGee House, and provides management to all guests of the house. He also works in the information technology arena, as well as in culinary services. You can see his main web site at vitalita dot com Mark has lived in Berkeley since 2000. Mark has stayed at multiple 'short-term furnished' vacation-style housing at many places in the USA, as well as in Europe. That has been great for learning what is important to travelers/visitors.
Why the Owner Chose Berkeley:
Mark purchased this house in 2005 to provide comfortable housing for people visiting Berkeley (including visitors to UC Berkeley). Visitors at that time had very few options for furnished short-term housing; there were plenty of housing options which were unfurnished, and required a 9 month lease (where the leaser had to setup their own utilities, etc.), but other than expensive hotels (which generally do not have kitchens, etc.), there were very few other options.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I love the McGee House for it's comfortable furnishings, quite neighborhood, yet still close to many of Berkeley's best offerings, as well as the private/fully landscaped back yard which is wonderful for enjoying our sunny California days.
- Primary: +1 5102053840
Links to more information:
The house is on a quiet tree lined street only 6 blocks from downtown Berkeley
Expandable dining table (with leaves) which doubles as desk/work space
fully equipped kitchen -with cafe table seating that looks out onto the backyard
In the larger bedroom, a queen sized bed w/organic cotton linens; lots of light
Modern bathroom (with shower over bathtub) - includes a clothes washer and dryer
Bathroom has shower over bath tub - organic cotton towels
Kitchen has direct access to private back yard (with deck and grill)
Area around the McGee House
private fenced-in back yard with deck and propane grill
Main living area with seating for 4 and HD Sony Google TV with free Netflix
another view of the main living area with dining table at the window
Kitchen-dishwasher-view of private landscaped backyard-door to backyard
Bosch washer dryer set
Second bedroom also fitted with organic cotton linens
another view of the kitchen
McGee House Floor Plan
McGee House location - 7 blocks to UC Berkeley Campus
Propane Grill in back yard
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Monday, October 13, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
- Calendar last updated 09/19/2014
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.