VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Short-term Fully Furnished 2BR/1BA Rental Home - Central Berkeley
2BR/1BA Renovated Luxury Home
Perfect as a Short-Term Rental - Everything Included: No need to pay for anything else
More Info with Pictures on web site (see link below) or type Berkeley McGee House into any search engine.
QUICK SUMMARY: ** Fully remodeled and furnished 2 bedroom / 1 bath house ** fully stocked kitchen (with dishwasher) ** 40' Sony Google HD TV (with Netflix unlimited streaming subscription included - plus a DVD/CD player on a surround sound stereo system) ** broadband internet (wifi) ** organic cotton linens ** phone (free long distance and voice mail) ** washer and dryer ** quiet tree lined street ** private fenced-in backyard ** hard wood floors ** lots of southern light ** 7 blocks to UC Berkeley campus and 6 blocks to downtown Berkeley (very easy walk) ** tons of restaurant, movie, theatre, and entertainment options
QUIET CENTRAL BERKELEY NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE (part of side-by-side duplex): - 7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley (near MLK and Bancroft). Very easy walk. - Perfect for short-term rental (see below in pricing for details) - No need to setup and pay utilities or to buy furnishings: everything is included. - Fully remodeled house - quiet tree lined street - private fenced-in backyard (other duplex unit has it’s own separate backyard). - 2 bedrooms (2BR) – one full bathroom (tiled floor) with tub and shower (1BA). - Hard wood floors - fireplace - no apartment above unit - only one common wall - lots of southern light - furnace for heat (separate WisperWarm heating in bathroom). - All utilities at no extra cost: internet (as above), Netflix on TV, phone service (unlimited calls to US and Canada numbers - incoming calls - voice mail), and of course all basic utilities as well: electricity, natural gas/heat, water, and trash service. - Bedding and linens included: all sheets and towels are 100% organic cotton - Fully furnished: Washer/Dryer (W/D), all kitchen equipment (pots and pans, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishwasher), sofa, tables, chairs, beds, TV, etc.. - Perfect for visiting Cal faculty (10 minute walk to campus), or as a corporate apartment rental, or as a vacation rental. Great alternative to a hotel. Accommodates up to 5 persons.
GREAT CONVENIENT BERKELEY LOCATION: - 7 blocks from University of California at Berkeley (Cal) campus (10 minute walk - about 1/2 mile). - 6 blocks from Downtown Berkeley BART station and all downtown amenities (restaurants, shops, cinemas, banks, library, buses). - 25 minute ride on the BART to Downtown San Francisco. - 4 blocks from large grocery store. - Close to everything, but a very quiet residential neighborhood. - Very easy access to highway I-80. - 10 minute drive to downtown Oakland or Emeryville. - One block to Berkeley’s Bike network.
AVAILABLE: Year Round (See availability calendar on web site listed below) (see below for minimum booking fee) LOCATION: McGee Ave at Bancroft Way; Berkeley, CA 94703 (see location/directions on web page listed below)
CONTACT: To get details on the unit, contact Mark Foy: Mark's e-mail: [see the below link] More info about the condo with pictures: see specific web site: which is vitalita dot com slash rental
Directions: From I-80 and the University Ave exit, go east on University for about 1.5 miles. Turn right at McGee Ave (about 3 blocks after Sacramento). Go two and a half blocks (between Allston Way and Bancroft Way).
BEDROOM 1 - Queen size Bed sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - windows in bedrooms have blackout roller shades - see photos at www.vitalita.com/rental/photos/
BEDROOM 2 - Double Bed sleeps 2 - fitted with organic cotton sheets - blackout roller shades
OTHER SLEEPING OPTIONS - There is also a twin sized air mattress available on request. This is quick inflate mattress which can be placed in one of the bedrooms or in the main living space. And in a pinch, if needed, someone could sleep on the sofa (only 1 'not very tall' person because the sofa does not fold out)...moreless
The Bosch washer/dryer set is also in the bathroom...moreless
All towels are organic cotton; Hansgrohe Raindance shower head (for an extra luxurious shower) (handshower option); Glass enclosure around the bathtub, so there is no shower curtain to attract mildew, and water does not get around the rest of the bathroom; Special Panasonic Whisper Warm Ceiling Heating Unit/Fan - wonderful for providing fast heat in the bathroom during the winter; Toto Toilet with a very quite flush...moreless
Other: Hansgrohe Raindance shower head (for an extra luxurious shower) (handshower option) - a twin sized air mattress available on request - child high chair available on request - windows in bedrooms have blackout roller shades which can be rolled down as desired...moreless
DVD Stereo system is a home theatre system with 5 speakers...moreless
The dining area is part of the main room; dining table has built in leaves (expanders) that slide out to creating seating space for 6. Upon request, a child's highchair can be placed in the house....moreless
Seating for 6 people
High speed internet - can use wireless (wifi) or direct connection - Ethernet cable to connect directly to a laptop (useful for laptops without wireless)....moreless
Brand new model installed in 2009 - Bosch - Quite and efficient...moreless
Central heating: The house was insulated in 2006, and a high efficiency central force air furnace was installed in 2011; so this house maintains a more comfortable temp than many houses in Berkeley...moreless
*LOWER RATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR LONGER STAYS * Rates vary by length of booking.
** Please inquiry for exact pricing based on dates.
* In general, the minimum rental period is 2 weeks, but on occasion, shorter stays of 10 nights or 5 night maybe available (sometimes min is > 2 weeks). Please inquiry.
* See http://www.vitalita.com/rental/rates_berkeley_short_term_apartment.html for more details
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
* Berkeley is a town about 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco (in the East Bay)
* The main feature of Berkeley is the University of California at Berkeley campus (Cal) which is known world-wide. The campus was the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement in 1964.
* Berkeley is a beautiful town with lots of interesting craftsman architecture. It has a superb mild climate and beautiful geography (where something is blooming every month of the year).
* From the town there are spectacular views of San Francisco, the bay, and the hills of Berkeley.
* Because of Berkeley´s central location, it can be used as a based to explore San Francisco (20 minutes), Napa/Sonoma (1 hour), the Marin Redwoods (45 minutes), Santa Cruz (1.5 hours), and all of the San Francisco Bay area.
* Berkeley also has: world-class restaurants (Chez Panisse, Bay Wolf, and more), UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive, Zellerback Hall for cultural events, Lawrence Hall of Science (great for kids), Tilden Park (also great for kids), as well as hiking, biking, lakes, etc.
Parks Near to the McGee House:
* Berkeley has many parks
* The parks that are closest to the McGee house are:
* Becky Temko Tot Park - 2424 Roosevelt Street (near Channing)
* Washington School Park - 2300 MLK Jr. Way (near Bancroft Way)
* Presentation Park - 2199 California St. (at Allston Way)
* MLK Jr. Civic Center Park - 2151 MLK Jr. Way (at Allston Way)
Other House Location Information:
* About 1.75 miles from the Clark Kerr Campus located at the University of California at Berkeley
* About 2.5 miles from Children's Hospital Oakland which is also co-located with the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI) - so if you are looking for a place to stay during an extended visit to the Oakland Children's Hospital and/or Research Center, the McGee house can provide that option as it is located nearby
* About 2 miles from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL or LBL or Berkeley Labs) in Berkeley
* About 4 miles from Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley
* About 10 miles from Mills College in Oakland
* Many shops and restaurants within .5 miles around the house
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Mark lives about 15 blocks from the McGee House, and provides management to all guests of the house. He also works in the information technology arena, as well as in culinary services. You can see his main web site at vitalita dot com
Mark has lived in Berkeley since 2000.
Mark has stayed at multiple 'short-term furnished' vacation-style housing at many places in the USA, as well as in Europe. That has been great for learning what is important to travelers/visitors.
Why the Owner Chose Berkeley: Mark purchased this house in 2005 to provide comfortable housing for people visiting Berkeley (including visitors to UC Berkeley). Visitors at that time had very few options for furnished short-term housing; there were plenty of housing options which were unfurnished, and required a 9 month lease (where the leaser had to setup their own utilities, etc.), but other than expensive hotels (which generally do not have kitchens, etc.), there were very few other options.
The Unique Benefits at this House: I love the McGee House for it's comfortable furnishings, quite neighborhood, yet still close to many of Berkeley's best offerings, as well as the private/fully landscaped back yard which is wonderful for enjoying our sunny California days.