True Beachfront /in Town/Luna Encantada A1 Susan Mattingly
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
LUNA ENCANTADA VILLA A1 is a first floor pool side villa with unobstructed ocean views, one of the premier oceanfront condos in the exclusive 24 unit Luna Encantada Villas,one of the only beachfront condos available for rent on Playa's main beach. These resort condos are set amidst Playa del Carmen’s mythical beach and vibrant international sidewalk scene. A mere half block from the gates of Luna Encantada, Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian promenade beckons with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
Offering the privacy of three private bedrooms, one with king bed/full bath,1 bedroom w/1 queen,and 1 bedroom w/1 queen sharing a full bath, this luxury beach villa is professionally decorated in a Balinese décor. The ocean is visible from most every room in the villa, especially from the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom where a wall of sliding glass doors and windows offer panoramic views of the water. EVERY OTHER DAY HOUSKEEPING INCLUDED; 4 NIGHT MINIMUM.
Travertine marble floors extending onto your private outdoor terrace, fully equipped chef's stainless kitchen with granite counter tops, original paintings and many other fine details are all there to provide impeccable quality and international style. Even the terrace is furnished in the finest in outdoor comfort for lounging and alfresco dining. The common area courtyard has beautiful landscaping of palm trees, tropical plants, flowers, fountain and a large refreshing infinity edged pool and jetted whirlpool bath. Complementary outdoor tables and lounges are provided for relaxing and entertaining around the pool.
Blessed with perennially sunny skies and a mild climate, Playa prides itself on a relaxing open-air, pedestrian lifestyle. It’s a place to recharge your batteries, find your adventurous side or spend an afternoon happily exploring the finer points of doing absolutely nothing at all. Playa provides a vibrant variety of natural and multicultural experiences any time of year. When the sun rises over the sparkling turquoise waters of the Caribbean it all comes to life. First-rate golf, esteemed spas, fine outdoors dining and an internationally acclaimed nightlife – the options of experiencing Playa are truly limitless.
“Playa del Carmen is the style capital of the Riviera Maya” -Travel + Leisure
“Playa del Carmen is Mexico’s most fashionable getaway” --Conde Nast Traveler
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
• HOW DO WE GET THERE FROM CANCUN AIRPORT? Playa is a 45-minute drive south of the airport. We provide a private van service for $160 round trip, max 8 people, child seats available. Other options: Taxi $70 one-way, Rental car, Hourly Express bus.
• WHERE IS THE PROPERTY? Luna is located in the heart of Playa’s main tourist district at Calle 6 and the beach, ½ block from Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue is a world famous, 40+-block pedestrian promenade with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
• IS LUNA ENCANTADA TRULY BEACHFRONT? Yes and all the condos that we represent in Luna have stunning ocean views.
• CAN WE SWIM AND SNORKEL IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF LUNA? Our beach is rated as one of the top beaches in Mexico because of it’s soft white sand and calm aqua blue water providing safe and enjoyable swimming conditions for people of all ages. The reef off our shore offers excellent snorkeling conditions with a multitude of colorful coral formations and exotic fish and marine life but you will need to hire a snorkeling guide with a boat to get there. We recommend the Hobie Cat guide that operates right from our beach.
• DO WE NEED A CAR? Not necessarily because Playa is pedestrian friendly and we are close to everything. We typically walk or cab around town and rent a car on an as needed basis for regional excursions. We offer complimentary parking in our secure garage and have several car rental agencies within a few blocks.
• WHERE DO WE GROCERY SHOP? We have several small markets within one block and several full service grocery stores within 7 blocks.
• HOW OFTEN DO WE GET MAID SERVICE? We offer every other day house keeping that includes fresh linens, bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, bottled purified water, laundry detergent for the washer/dryer room, and trash removal.
• DO YOU HAVE TV, PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE? We have cable TV, high speed wireless internet, and a phone with free long distance calling to the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Italy, France, Spain and Ireland.
• CAN YOU RECOMMEND ACTIVITIES AND RESTAURANTS? We visit Playa five times a year so we are constantly updating our list of favorite activities and restaurants that we send to all of our guests along with detailed arrival information.
• CAN YOU GIVE US SOME OPTIONS OF OTHER AVAILABLE CONDOS IN LUNA? Yes, just click on our Luna rentals website and photo album link that is located on this website just below the calendar for info and availability on all our listings in the building. (We handle the rentals for 14 out of a total of 24 Luna condos).
• DO YOU OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES? We offer Personal Assistance for transportation, grocery shopping, babysitting, in-house massage, tours & excursions, tee times, and emergency & medical assistance.
• DO WE NEED TO GET PESOS? Not necessarily. All stores and restaurants in Playa will take dollars and Euros. There are ATMs nearby and places to change money. We usually take about 100 dollars in ones, fives, and tens, which are very handy for tipping, and short cab rides around town.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Medical Services
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Activities during the day - shopping, scuba diving, jet skis, swim with dolphins, Ecoparks (Xcaret and Xel-Ha), jeep tours, Cozumel activities (just 45 minutes by ferry), zip lines, and many more, Don't forget laying on the beach with a cold beer! Activities at night - Playa's famous 5th Avenue features an endless choice of cafe's, bars...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
I felt like I was at a Balinesian Four Seasons Resort. Very lovey and classy place to put your head.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 08/01/07
- Review Submitted 09/10/07
Guest comment entered by owner
We invite you to give us your honest comments regarding our condo. We promise to use this information to continue improving the quality of our service to you. We hope you continue to visit us year after year!
- Guest Owner / Manager
- Date of stay 04/26/06
- Review Submitted 04/26/06
Dec 21-Jan 05 ............. $825/night Jan 06-Apr 30 ............. $475/night May 01-Dec 20 ............. $270/night Prices do not include 14% mexican sales tax Price includes amenities,towels/linens.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
True Beachfront Luxury-One of the most popular villas on Playa's Main Beach
Stainless/Granite Chef's Kitchen
Master Suite with Ocean Views
Beautiful artwork throughout
Luna Encantada has the only Full-Service Private Beach Club on Playa's Beach
Original Balinese Paintings
One of Two Guest Rooms
Marble Sinks and Counter tops
Master Suite with Ocean Views
Master Bath with european fixtures
Ocean view from Luna A1 Terrace: The best room in the house!
Luna Encantada Private Beach Club
Private front Porch of Luna A1-One of the three in the complex.
The Luna Encantada Mascot Mermaid
Luna Encantada Main Gates
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013