VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
A true log cabin that sits right on the lake and over looks the beautiful Smokey Mountains. Make our house your home for a week or a night. We want you to feel completely at home. The house is completely renovated in 2006. We sit right on the lake and have the most amazing view. This house was the first house to be built on Thunderbird Mountain in 1962. Once you stay here, you will never want to leave. It is a private, secluded lake. Sit on the dock and catch a few trout or just take a relaxing nap. There are only a handful of Lakes left in the country that are rated this clean and we want to keep our lake one of them. This lake is clean and clear, from our deck you can see at least 10 feet down into the water. There is a view of the lake from every window. It is 12 steps to the lake. Everything from the sheets to the large DVD collection is first rate. At night you can enjoy the huge deck and relax under a blanket of stars. The deck is decorated with Teak Furniture and a Great Big Teak Bar. If you are looking for a place to enjoy quiet,sun and relaxation, this it the home to rent. From our deck you will be looking at a beautiful lake, with the Smokey Mountains in the background. The movie Nell was filmed on this lake, as was The Clearing. Check out water skiing on lake Santeetlah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIY_E_p_PFk&sns=em
Keywords: Luxurious Log Cabin on Lake. Best View on the Lake. Availability through Winter Season.
Queen size Beds (1) Hand-made log bed., Twin or Single Beds (2) Upstairs there are 2 hand made log beds. 2 twin beds downstairs., Baby Cribs (1) 2 - Pack and plays, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Futon-sleeps 2...moreless
Warm and inviting Log Cabin. Completely renovated in 2006. Originally built in 1962. First house ever built on Thunderbird Mountain. Protected gated exit. Teak outdoor furniture including a teak bar. Huge outdoor table (seats 8). Extensive DVD collection. Landscaping exceptional with swings. Dock available for boat. Great fishing right off our dock, Property sits in the middle of 2 lots making the house very private. Deck is huge and is directly over the lake. You will have use of our full size canoe....moreless
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Scott and Katie consider this cabin their Diamond in the Rough. Our cabin was built in 1963 and completely renovated in 2005. It was the very first property developed on Thunderbird Mountain. The builder of the original home lives right across the Lake. We looked for a Lake House for years before discovering the secret of Lake Santeetlah. It was Love at First Site and we love sharing this amazing piece of HEAVEN. We know you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Lake Santeetlah: We have never seen a Lake this beautiful. Looking down from our deck you can see at least 10 feet into the water. Our view is Unbeatable, and will never be altered. Only 20% of the lake is able to be built on, the remaining 80% is Natural Forest. When you wake up in the morning, go get a cup of coffee and sit on the huge deck. If your lucky you may see one fishing boat go by, but most likely you will see A Bald Eagle. We love that there is no Movie Theatre, No Mall, and No Walmart.
The Unique Benefits at this House: Don't be surprized if you see a Bald Eagle fly by or a Beaver swim next to your boat.
We love our Raccoon families that come by from time to time. You truly feel transported to a different world. The lake never gets crowded or rough. You can sit on our huge deck in the morning and watch the smoke rise from the water to display a single canoe quietly floating across the lake. It is as close to Heaven as you can get.