Islands in the Sun
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chester house description
Everything you can imagine by the sea. Well inside the fog line so warmer, sunnier, no rips or curents in the fabulous Chester Basin and protected from the open ocean by 365 islands. Kayaking,canoeing,sailing, swimming, scuba, snorkling,fishing,waterskiing.Canadas track to trail runs behind the house through the forest so bring the pets,bikes,Xcountry skiis...
. We offer sailing on our 32' sailboat,owner is a divemaster with all sorts of Caribbean experience and offshore sailor... More importantly perhaps; lots of years as a dad taking lots of children to the beaches, fishing, sailing...
This historic property served as Gold rivers post office through the war years and has a fabulous 180 degree view of the ocean and islands. In 2010 it was painstakingly restored to original condition, all trim was saved and reinstalled. The kitchen/pantry was opened up to the living room,garden,ocean views...makeing it perfect for entertaining. Enjoy the sun/moon rising right in front of the house!
Longer term rental available at reduced rates. Several full service marinas (2 are within minutes). House is midway between Chester and Mahone Bay for good oldfashioned shops and food/festivals. Lunenburg, a UNESCO world heritage town is 20 minutes away. Halifax and Stanfield Int airport are also within 1 hour. Golfing is all around. Chesters' course especially is excellent.
There is a 50' flatscreen TV with dvd player in the parlor and a formal dining room.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Low Allergen Environment
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- washer dryer stack in upper
- One step up to enter the house, level lot and short level walk to ocean. Climb down 6' to beach is tricky but our granny does it. 3 bedrooms and full bath is up 1 floor. All pets welcome. Trans Canada trail is just behind the house throught the forest so bring the horse if you want! We do. ATVs are allowed...snowshoe, Xcountry ski...you get the picture. Neil has been from Borneo and Bali to the Rockies, rainforests to deserts and the trail here through Nova Scotia, built on old rail beds, is a world class easy walk through oldgrowth forest. Chester one way and Lunnenburg the other....moreless
- Ping Pong Table
- Audio Tape Player
- Game Room
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Parking Off Street
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Thermos Bottle
- Local Activities Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Basic Soaps
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Alarm Clock
- Clothes Dryer
- Toilet Paper
- Laundry Soap
- Paper Towels
- Washing Machine
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- 4 Ring Stove
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$300/nt - $3000/mosWinter same costs, shoulder times drop 20%
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: +1 902 757 4992 Pls call afternoons weekdays EST
- Secondary: +1 902 757 0369 before 9:30 EST or evenings thanks
- Tertiary: +1 902 792 8079 Cell, This is best to leave mssg
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
circa 1899 shipwrights work painstakingly restored.
Theatre room recliners view the 50&quot; flatscreen.
The Captains room of course views the ocean...sunrise
2 twin mates beds will have the kids feeling part of the crew.
Ask about renting Neils award winning &quot;Black Jack&quot;.
soak away, view the ocean or the sunset over the forest
formal dinning right off the kitchen
Upper hall to both front bedrooms
First island's just a swim away..then on to 364 more. Open ocean SE 10 miles out
Serve from kitchen to formal dining or the open living...seaview room
Open kitchen commands view of the party and ocean beyond