Wellfleet Cottage, Harbor Panorama, Private Beach, Sleeps 2
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wellfleet cottage description
Features an extraordinary Cape Cod water view (virtually all of Wellfleet Harbor). Private bay beach with high tide swimming 'window' of about three hours a day and limitless sunning, relaxing and shelling opportunities.
A ONE-ROOM cottage plus full bath (with shower). Sleeps 2 in king-sized bed or two twins (your choice). Has full couch (with coffee table), but not recommended for more than 2 people.
Unusually well-appointed kitchen, full fridge, electric range with four burners. Wide array of kitchenware, from flatware to a lobster pot. Coffee maker (we supply filters), microwave, toaster oven.
Outdoor shower. Stack washer/dryer.
Ample deck for relaxing, cookouts on the gas grill, watching sunrise across the beautiful harbor panorama.
From other side of cottage, view sunset over a pond on the third fairway of the adjoining public Chequessett Yacht and Country Club. (The cottage is a strong five-iron from the clubhouse.) The country Club also features public tennis courts, golf lessons, tennis lessons as well as sailing lessons for kids.
Cable, DVD, VCR, CD player. Free Internet WiFi.
Bright and airy, with excellent cross-ventilation and air conditioning. Portable radiator to deal with any shill from brisk autumn air. Tastefully furnished.
One of the most picturesque and quiet neighborhoods in Wellfleet. Beautiful gardens. Double hammock overlooks harbor. On-site parking.
Five-minute drive to Wellfleet Center. Convenient to Cape Cod National Seashore's ocean beaches, numerous fresh-water ponds, walking trails, lengthy bike trail.
Weekly rentals from Sunday to Sunday (less traffic for you). No pets. Owners live in a separate house on the property and have gone to great lengths to ensure the privacy of our guests.
A few comments from previous guests:
'...a gift to have stayed for a week'
'...the view, the gardens...the location is perfect'
'...We only left to go to the beach or the golf course.'
'It was idyllic.'
'I just wish we could do it all over again.'
'We had a wonderful time and look at the pictures all the time.'
'The view is spectacular, both over the bay and the
neighboring golf course.'
'We have several fantastic pictures of fairy tale-like sunsets
over the golf course and tranquil images of the bay'
'Convenient access to the water that comes with the property'
'The close proximity to the state parks, town, and ocean-side
beaches is ideal.'
'The apartment is lovely and offers everything needed to feel cozy and comfortable.'
'A short trail leads directly from the garden to the beach on the harbor.'
'...a special week for us...we were delighted with the property.'
“Provided me with the privacy I seek”
“Loved the location. Close enough to town to ride our bikes or to go to the pier for a lobster roll.”
“I could walk to the golf course to play a round, or rent a boat, and we were able to walk to Great Island.”
“Having our own private beach just 100 yards down the path was special.”
“Views from the deck were spectacular. Sitting on the deck steaming our lobsters with a glass of wine was a beautiful experience.”
- 540 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- King size bed or two twin beds (renters' option)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Large new sink, Stall shower, toilet, armoir for long clothing
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Massage Therapist
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Both owners are Information Specialists for the Wellfleet Chamber of Commerce. Wellfleet offers: • Ocean, bay and pond swimming/beaches; (kettle ponds carved by glaciers—arguably the number one pleasant surprise of visitors) • Rentals of all kinds of non-motorized water conveyances (from paddle boards to kayaks; canoes and small sailboats); • Dozens of art galleries (featuring a weekly gallery walk and receptions) • Outstanding shopping for fine arts, crafts, art, beach supplies • Scenic drives/biking along Atlantic Ocean, ponds, Wellfleet Harbor, Cape Cod Bay • Historical society (offers tours of historical downtown area, an annual strawberry festival, and an annual house tour • Audubon Sanctuary (many acres of guided and self-guided walking tours; kayak and canoe tours; birding) • Great Island hiking trail five minutes from cottage • White Cedar Swamp nature walk • Drive-in theater with miniature golf • Four first-run indoor theaters • Flat, 24-mile bicycle trail and bike rentals • Surfing lessons • Many restaurants with broad menus (including children's menus) • Menu emphasis in some restaurants on fresh, high quality seafood cuisine (including, of course, our world-famous Wellfleet Oysters) • French bistro and boulangerie (bakery) on par with our favorite Parisian eating places. Reservations required even in the winter (previously unheard of) • Quaint village center with numerous shops, marketplace, art and crafts galleries • Numerous venues for live music/live theater/other cultural pursuits including Preservation Hall (our community/cultural center which constantly hosts all kinds of programs, concerts and other presentations and features a farmer's market on Wednesday mornings). Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre (which offers a special production for young children Mondays through Thursdays) and the Harbor Stage Company present well-subscribed live theatre productions. • Free Shakespeare two nights weekly • Free square dancing weekly • Shellfishing; fresh water fishing, salt water fishing • Chequessett Yacht & Country Club (public welcomed for golf, golf lessons, tennis, tennis lessons, sailing lessons for children • Skateboard park • Camping • Many children’s activities, programs, swimming programs under the direction of the Wellfleet Recreation Department • Cape Cod's largest flea market on Wednesdays; Thursdays; Saturdays and Sundays • Multiple opportunities for yoga—even on the beach • An national award-winning public library (featuring a distinguished speaker’s series and massive book sales once or twice a summer) • An excellent marketplace with separate meat and seafood, produce, bakery, and book departments • Senior center with outstanding programs and services • Two annual festivals: Harborfest (June) and Oysterfest (second weekend in October) • Easy access to Truro (with its vineyards that offer wine-tasting, its famous Highland Light and museum, and its exhilarating, public Highland golf links) • Proximity to Provincetown (featuring whale watching, dune tours, a ferry to and from Boston, and scores of other activities)...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
LOVED OUR STAY- COTTAGE WAS CLEAN AND UP TO DATE, ANYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY NEED IS THE COTTAGE. VIEWS WERE BEAUTIFUL, THE WATER, SUNSET, SUNRISE. THE PROPERTY IS VERY PRETTY. OWNERS-SALLY AND DICK WERE VERY ACCOMODATING. THEY ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE AND A PLEASURE TO TALK TO. WOULD GO BACK EVERY YEAR !
- Guest NDCMLW (NEW YORK)
- Date of stay 09/09/12
- Review Submitted 10/05/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Tucked away on a bluff overlooking the water from a lovely private deck, the Eagle's Nest was just what we were seeking. The cottage is very nicely decorated, spotless, and full of New England coastal charm. What a wonderful location! Private and secluded with an outstanding view. At the same time, centrally located to quaint, rustic Wellfleet town center and beautiful Wellfleet and Truro beaches. Don't miss the lovely walk to Great Island at low tide... located just down the street. Loved our stay. We'll be back again!
- Guest Matt (Philadelphia)
- Date of stay 06/23/11
- Review Submitted 06/28/11
Lovely 'Eagle's Nest'
Lovely 'Eagle's Nest'
We really enjoyed our stay the summer of 2009. Close proximity to the owner's home who are lovely people and have worked to maximize the privacy of their guests. We enjoyed our own nest with gorgeous views of golf course and water. Private beach near town. Nice location for biking and walking. The site captures wonderful breezes. Windows on every wall. Bath, kitchen and bedroom with couch, armchair and dining nook. All well supplied. Enjoy deck and lovely garden.
- Guest fredericus (fair haven, nj)
- Date of stay 08/15/09
- Review Submitted 06/07/10
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+.
June 2-June 29: $900/week June 30-July 27: $1,400/week July 28-Aug. 31: $1,550/week Sep. 1-Oct. 20: $900/week or $175/night (three-day minimum)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Provincetown at 17 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Provincetown-Boston at 17 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 6 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bomb Shelter at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Chequessett Yacht & Country Club (public, tennis) at 200 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: Bookstore, Pearl, Mac's Seafood at 2 Miles
About the owner: We are two year-round Wellfleet residents who are information specialists for the Wellfleet Chamber of Commerce. We're phasing out of the marketing research business, having operated our own company for 44 years. Our love of people has taken us to many places—notably to Paris so many times that we've authored and published a book called 'Paris Demystified' which is designed to help people be at ease with Paris so as to love it as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Wellfleet:
Why not? It combines one of the best views on Cape Cod with a private bay beach, peace and privacy (unless you hate bird calls punctuated by the occasional 'click' of a club striking a golf ball). A true Cape Cod experience without sacrificing any of the comforts of home.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Unique blend.....solitude and relaxation on the deck, beach and hammock.....recreation with salt water bay beach on one side and golf course and tennis on the other side.
- Primary: +1 5083496825
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Crow's Nest
Sailboat race in harbor as viewed from deck
View of harbor from steps to private beach
Dining table overlooks golf course; pull-out sofa, air conditioner in background
Door from cottage to deck with Wellfleet Harbor straight ahead
Cottage to far left of house where owners live, harbor at right
Sunrise as viewed from deck
Twin beds can be converted into comfortable king upon request
Portion of kitchen; refrigerator and additional cabinets out of view
Sunset over the adjoining golf course
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Friday, February 28, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.