You sent a message to this owner.
WELLFLEET HOUSE + COTTAGE; SPECTACULAR HARBOR PANORAMA; PRIVATE BAY BEACH, SLEEPS 8 IN 4 BEDROOMS; DEN CAN SLEEP TWO MORE COMFORTABLY.
Located in the breathtaking, exclusive, peaceful Chequessett Neck section of Wellfleet. This seven room house and detached cottage offer panoramic views of beautiful sunrises over nearly the entirety of Wellfleet Harbor and glorious sunsets over the adjacent public golf course/tennis/sailing club. Plenty of privacy on 1.4 acres.
The private bay beach is accessed by a short path, to the road (with only occasional traffic) and another short path across the road to our private beach steps. Sun, swim and “shell” on your own private bay beach. Relax with a beverage in Adirondack chairs on a grassy plateau above the beach and watch the sailboat races or just sun yourself. Outdoor shower for post-beach rinsing. Beach chairs and beach floats/'toys' available. No town beach stickers are required to use the private beach.
The house and cottage combine to sleep eight people in four bedrooms, and sleeping quarters for two more are available on a comfortable pullout double couch in a den.
The house sleeps six in three bedrooms with two full baths. A large den provides overflow sleeping for two additional people plus optional office space. The livingroom’s wall of sliders overlooks bountiful gardens and nearly all of Wellfleet Harbor. The diningroom and livingroom open onto a massive, wraparound deck for relaxing, sunbathing, entertaining, and enjoying cookouts (gas grill provided). The diningroom table seats up to 10. The meticulously equipped kitchen with full-size fridge, gas stove/oven/broiler, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven. Clothes washer/dryer in master suite.
The detached cottage was built over a storage storage garage (to maximize the harbor view). It sleeps an additional two people. An ample deck on the cottage overlooks much of Wellfleet Harbor. A kitchenette with 3/4 fridge, electric stove/oven/broiler, microwave, toaster oven, all necessary dishes and utensils.
The cottage is basically, one large L-shaped room plus full bathroom. It's suitable for extended family, guests, nanny, or private work space away from it all.
There is air conditioning in all bedrooms of both house and cottage, although our guests seldom use it because of the excellent air circulation. There is cable television and WiFi in both the house and the cottage.
A double swing set and double hammock overlook the harbor.
A town beach about 0.4 mile down the road is perfect for launching kayaks, canoes, or sailboats.
Parking is available for up to 4 vehicles. Indoor space is provided for bike storage. It's a five-minute drive or 12-minute bike ride to Wellfleet Center. The quaint downtown shops add the perfect nostalgic accent to this quintessential New England village.
The property is convenient to Cape Cod National Seashore's legendary ocean beaches and walking trails as well as numerous renowned Wellfleet art galleries, dozens of nearby restaurants of all types, two stage companies, vibrant community/cultural center, performing arts center, historical society, drive-in theater and indoor theater complex, concerts, free Shakespeare, beaching, surfing, bike trail, two departmentalized and full-service markets, seafood specialty shops, boat rentals, public tennis and basketball, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, weekly square dancing on the Town Pier, and the largest flea market on Cape Cod. Recreation Department offers a full slate of swimming lessons and other activities for young people.
An urgent care medical center is located within five minutes' drive from house.
JULY AND AUGUST: WEEKLY RENTALS ONLY (SUNDAY-SUNDAY IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE TRAFFIC HASSLES FOR OUR GUESTS)
JUNE, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER: WEEKLY OR PARTIAL-WEEK (THREE NIGHT MINIMUM) RENTALS ARE AVAILABLE.
Renters have the option of providing their own bed linens and towels or using the services of a linen rental company that we can recommend.
As long-time information specialists for the Wellfleet Chamber of Commerce, owners are thoroughly experienced in providing hospitality from visitors’ perspectives; and we believe in being inordinately candid in answering any questions you may have.
Owners are year-round Wellfleetions who live a phone call and about four miles away should you have any needs.
To avoid confusion among previous guests: Through last year, we offered only the cottage (and beach) for rental. We are now offering the entire property (house, cottage, grounds and beach) as a rental package.
A few comments from previous guests:
'...a gift to have stayed for a week'
'...the view, the gardens...the location is perfect'
'...We only left to go to the beach or the golf course.'
'It was idyllic.'
'I just wish we could do it all over again.'
'We had a wonderful time and look at the pictures all the time.'
'The view is spectacular, both over the bay and the neighboring golf course.'
'We have several fantastic pictures of fairy tale-like sunsets over the golf course and tranquil images of the bay'
'Convenient access to the water that comes with the property'
'The close proximity to the state parks, town, and ocean-side beaches is ideal.'
'The whole place is lovely and offers everything we needed to feel cozy and comfortable.'
'A short trail leads directly from the garden to the beach on the harbor.'
'...a special week for us...we were delighted with the property.'
'Provided me with the privacy I seek'
'Loved the location. Close enough to town to ride our bikes or to go to the pier for a lobster roll.
'I could walk to the golf course to play a round, or rent a boat, and we were able to walk to Great Island.'
'Having our own private beach just 100 yards down the path was special.'
'Views from the deck were spectacular. Sitting on the deck steaming our lobsters with a glass of wine was a beautiful experience.'
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Near Peak Summer
Jun 28 - Aug 1, 2015
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Sunday
Aug 2 - Aug 29, 2015
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Sunday
Additional information about rental rates
In case of cancellation at least 4 months in advance of scheduled occupancy, all monies received will be refunded.
In case of cancellation within 3 months in advance of scheduled occupancy, 80% of monies received will be refunded ONLY IF property can be re-rented at the same time and price.
Standard payment terms:
• 1/2 of total rental amount, along with $300 refundable deposit due upon signing of lease
• 1/2 of total rental amount due not later than one week before occupancy
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Both owners have been long-term Information Specialists for the Wellfleet Chamber of Commerce. Wellfleet offers:
• Ocean, bay and pond swimming/beaches; (kettle ponds carved by glaciers—arguably the number one pleasant surprise of visitors)
• Rentals of all kinds of non-motorized water conveyances (from paddle boards to kayaks; canoes and small sailboats);
• Dozens of art galleries (featuring a weekly gallery walk and receptions)
• Outstanding shopping for fine arts, crafts, art, beach supplies
• Scenic drives/biking along Atlantic Ocean, ponds, Wellfleet Harbor, Cape Cod Bay
• Historical Society (offers tours of historical downtown area, an annual strawberry festival, and an annual house tour)
• Audubon Sanctuary (many acres of guided and self-guided walking tours; kayak and canoe tours; birding)
• Great Island hiking trail five minutes from property
• White Cedar Swamp nature walk
• Drive-in theater with miniature golf
• Four first-run indoor theaters
• Level, 24-mile bicycle trail and bike rentals
• Surfing lessons
• Many restaurants with huge variety of menus (including children's menus)
• Menu emphasis in some restaurants on fresh, high quality seafood cuisine (including, of course, our world-famous Wellfleet Oysters)
• French bistro and boulangerie (bakery) on par with our favorite Parisian eating places. Reservations required even in the winter (previously unheard of). Definitely the place to go for that special celebration.
• Quaint village center with numerous shops, marketplace, art and crafts galleries
• Numerous venues for live music/live theater/other cultural pursuits including Preservation Hall (our community/cultural center which constantly hosts all kinds of programs, concerts and other presentations and features a farmer's market on Wednesday mornings)
• Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre W.H.A.T.) (which offers live theatre productions on the Julie Harris stage plus a a special production for young children Mondays through Thursdays)
• Payomet Performing Arts Center in neighboring Truro offers a wide variety of event including concerts by the likes of Judy Collins, Darlene Love, Tom Rush, Martha and the Vandellas, Jimmy Tingle
• Free Shakespeare Mondays and Tuesdays across from Mayo Beach.
• Free square dancing every Wednesday evening
• Shellfishing; fresh water fishing, salt water fishing
• Chequessett Yacht & Country Club (public welcomed for golf, golf lessons, tennis, tennis lessons, sailing lessons for children)
• Skateboard park
• Many children’s activities, programs, swimming programs under the direction of the Wellfleet Recreation Department
• Cape Cod's largest flea market on Wednesdays; Thursdays; Saturdays and Sundays
• Multiple opportunities for yoga—even on the beach
• National award-winning public library (featuring a distinguished speaker’s series and massive book sales once or twice a summer)
• Two excellent marketplaces with separate meat/ seafood, produce, bakery, and book departments
• Senior center with outstanding programs and services
• Annual Oysterfest (second weekend in October) celebrates the Wellfleet Oyster with constant music on the stage, renowned oyster shucking contest, dozens of food vendors, crafts vendors)
• Easy access to Truro (with its vineyards that offer wine-tasting, its famous Highland Light and museum, its exhilarating, public Highland golf links), and Payomet Performing Arts Center
• Proximity to Provincetown (featuring an airport, whale watching, dune tours, a ferry to and from Boston, outstanding restaurants, scores of other activities, and a wild and crazy time)
About the owner: We are a wife and husband, year-round Wellfleetions, who have been long-term information specialists for the Wellfleet Chamber of Commerce. We're phasing out of the marketing research business, having operated our own company for 45 years. Our love of people has taken us to many places—notably to Paris so many times that we've authored and published a book called 'Paris Demystified' which is designed to help people be at ease with Paris so as to love it as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Wellfleet:
Why not? It combines one of the best views on Cape Cod (Wellfleet Harbor) with a private bay beach, peace and privacy (unless you hate bird calls punctuated by the occasional 'click' of a club striking a golf ball from the adjoining public golf course), sleeping accommodations for eight. A true Cape Cod experience without sacrificing any of the comforts of home.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Unique blend.....solitude and relaxation on the deck, beach and hammock.....recreation with private salt water bay beach on one side and public golf course and tennis on the other side....five minutes from the village center....ten minutes to ocean beaches...no more than 15 minutes to all the restaurants and incredible attractions Wellfleet offers.
Bird's eye view: house+huge deck, cottage (rear), pvt. bay beach below trees rt.
Sunrise viewed from house and cottage.decks over Wellfleet Harbor at low tide
Full-blown sunset over golf course as viewed from deck of house; not a rarity.
Diningroom overlooking golf course and cove; pass-through to kitchen.
Livingroom with wall of sliders and Wellfleet Harbor in background.
One of two guest rooms downstairs in house.
Exterior of detached cottage and deck overlooking harbor; 75 yards to pvt. beach
Door to cottage deck; Wellfleet Harbor and private beach ahead to the south.
Sailboat races as seen from decks; even better view from plateau above beach.
Beach and bay at low tide in direction of Great Island and cove.
Beach steps. Grass plateau where chairs placed in summer hidden behind seawall.
Adjoining third fairway and green Chequessett Yacht & CC: public golf + tennis.
Driveway, house + deck; cottage to far left reached by gradual ramp.
View from house deck as sunset is about to explode over golf course.
Kitchen overlooking golf course.
Livingroom viewed from wall of glass sliders.
Master bedroom with Wellfleet Harbor in background; pvt full bath behind camera.
Second guest room downstairs in house with two twin beds.
Sleeping area in cottage with spot of sun on bed; option of king or twin beds.
Portion of cottage kitchenette; fridge and bathroom to right and out of photo.
Swimmer's eye view from private beach at high tide, facing toward Town Pier
Private steps leading to private beach with Town Pier in background.
Wellfleet Harbor from portion of deck of house; private beach below trees
Portion of deck with Great Island and cove in background.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.