VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
In a priory, with traces going back to the Middle Ages (text from 1333), very quiet in the green Vis Valley (famous among trout-fishing lovers, River Class 1), close to a church from the 11 th Century, with a stunning view over the other side of a typical village, in the middle of its terraces.
'La Halte Cevenole'
This large detached apartment (72 sq.m. approximately), located in a wing of which rehabilitation has just finished, forms a part of a complex including the main house ('Le Mas du Prieuré', from 1253) and 'La Magnanerie' in another wing.
It is entirely located in an extremely beautiful property, with view over the mountains, various gardens, a swimming pool, a playground and a small house laid out for children. You will be immersed in Mediterranean vegetation, in a region rated in the World Cultural Heritage by Unesco, on the verge of the Grands Causses Regional Nature Park and at the foot of the Cevennes.
La Halte Cévenole is designed to be a place of peace, holidays, charm, pleasure of living and discovery. It was renovated, furnished, and decorated as if it were my own home, for me and my husband, children and grandchildren. It is a 'stopping place', a place to stay during a travel (maybe also during a pilgrimage), as a place allowing to return to the roots for all our friends, actual and to be made, around the world. Our granddaughter named Daphné (11 years old), impatient to come here and spend family holidays, said to her mother: 'Oh, Mum, I can't wait to go to paradise!” If you wish to share the happiness of this place with us, please contact me.
'Bambou' bedroom (adjoining the living room through two big sliding doors)
- 2 Bamboo beds (80 x 190cm).
- 1 Storage drawer under each bed.
- 1 Chest of drawers with 6 bamboo drawers.
- 1 Bamboo desk.
- 1 Bamboo chair.
- 1 Coffee table with two levels.
- 1 Tray to have breakfast in bed.
- 2 Bamboo bedside rugs.
- 1 Shelf with collection objects from various African countries.
- 1 Sofa bed (160 x 200cm) with 2 storage drawers.
- 3 Cupboards (high 180 x width 77cm): 1 wardrobe, 1 with shelves and drawers and 1 shelf and door making a desk.
- 2 Chairs.
- 1 Pedestal table.
- 2 Pedestal lights.
- 1 Folding screen (3 panels).
- Chinese collection objects...moreless
'Bambou' bathroom (en-suite to the living room)
- Shower (100 x 100cm), bamboo shower column, massage jets
- A hand basin with mixing valve
- Towel heater
- Magnifying mirror (10x)
- Racks, stool, wastepaper basket and bamboo bathroom objects
'Tuf' bathroom (en-suite to 'Tuf' bedroom)
- Shower (80 x 80cm)
- Hand basin with mixing valve
- Cupboard storage,
- Wooden changing table (3 levels)
- Wooden blanket chest
- Bathroom scale
- Hair dryer...moreless
Children equipments available in the garden:
- Picnic table for children (on the terrace).
- Playground with swing frame (baby and children swing, slide).
- Football goalpost (on the playground).
- Picnic table and benches for adults (on the playground).
The 'Dragonfly cabin' is a playing house for children where they will find: wooden sink, microwave, hobs and oven, plastic washing machine, ironing board and iron, high chair and a doll cot, 2 trunks for equipment, crockery, dining table and stools for children....moreless
A down payment of 50% of the rent is due upon booking and balance is due one month prior to arrival.
Security deposit: € 1000.
- Water, gas, electricity
- Central heating
- Sheets, duvets and pillows provided
- Bath towels provided
- Tablecloths, place mats, and towels provided
- Toilet paper and kitchen paper provided
For special events, please contact us.
Possibility to organize receptions during summer on the terraces around the pool and in the gardens.
- Tables and chairs made by white wrought-iron in a 'romantic' style for 28 people. Also available: 2 iron tables in a 'rusty' style with 8 chairs for 8 people, and 3 tables made by teck wood with 6 benches and 2 chairs for 20 people.
- Possibility to rent various kind of tablecloths ('romantic with flowers', 'shellfish', 'Provençal', etc.).
- Crockery, glasses, cutlery and serving dishes can also be rented.
- Catering service available upon request.
Non-contractual booking deposit: 50.00% rent
Damage deposit: EUR1,000.00
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
At the foot of the Cevennes; in magnificent settings; in a quiet environment; under a mostly starry sky, spectacular at night; in the heart of a region marked with history; along the Vis River, well known by fishermen for its trout.