Eat. Ski. Love. Close to Slopes, Hot Tub, Spacious, Snow
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cottonwood Heights townhome description
SEE VIDEO, JUST CLICK ON THE VIDEO TAB!
Top 5 Important Things To Know:
1. Convenient location, 8 mile drive to slopes,.
2. Ski Shuttle is 3 minutes walk.
3. 10% Discount on 7 nights or more.
4. Private 5 person hot tub.
5. We are avid skiers and the house is owner operated.
Get ready for the ulitmate ski vacation house. We purchased this house in 2006. My husband is a ski prima donna and cares about ski location, he loves Alta. I am a 'ski enthusiast' by marriage and care about comfort and convenience. We found this gem of a vacation house which has the best of both worlds and is close to all of our favorite ski resorts Alta, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton.
Top Ten Reasons Why We (and others) love this place:
1. Location tops the list. We are approximately 7 miles away or 20 minutes away from all four major ski resorts. I need to mention the location is really strategic for some skiers because often times in the ski season, Alta and Snowbird will get enough snow that they occasionally are forced to close down the road for several hours due to Avalanche control. On these days, we make a right out of the community and ski Solitude or Brighton which is nearly the same distance, it's really cool. You are located conveniently between 4 of Utah's best ski resorts.
You are also close to restaurants, super-markets, coffee shops, therapeutic massage clinic, shopping, freeway and airport.
2. Don't want to drive the car to the ski resort? It's easy enough to take the Ski shuttle bus which is steps away from the house and cost only a few bucks. My husband's ski 'thing' is that he has to wake up at the crack of dawn to be one of the first on the mountain to make fresh tracks on the snow. Me? Forget about it, I need to have my toasted english muffin and coffee, then I'll get in the car, put some chapstick on and meet him at the resort at my leisurely pace. This is a win win situation and everyone is happy, hooray!! The shuttle takes about 20 mins to get up the mountain and drops you off right at the slopes.
3. Two Car Private Garage. Remote control access to your own private garage that fits two full size vehicles. It may not seem like a big deal, but when it's snowing and you have already spent several hours in the snow, it's nice to click that button, drive straight in, close the garage door, and walk straight into the dry warmth of the house. It's a bonus not having to trek through the snow and park in a communal garage or on the street.
4. At the end of a powder ski day the only thing that any skier cares about is slipping into a comfy warm bed. The bed configuration is as follows:
Bedroom 1: One king - sleeps two (posture pedic mattress)
Bedroom 2: One Queen - sleeps two
Bedroom 3: Two Queens - sleeps four
Bedroom 4: Four Twins (trundle bed) - sleeps four
House is designed to comfortably sleep 8 to 12 people. The current rate allows up to 8 people max. Additional fees may apply past 8 people.
5. Enjoy a glass of wine in front a warm and toasty fire place.
6. We just replaced all the bed linens with decorative new comforters, fresh new sheets, extra blankets, extra pillows, quilts, and white Egyptian cotton bath towels.
Laundry room located inside the house on the 2nd floor. We recently purchased brand new large capacity washer and dryer machine.
The house is fully furnished with other fun amenities such as an Ipod Boom Box, Pool table, Ping Pong table, dart board, plenty of bathrooms for the bedrooms, tv's, cable-tv, wood burning fireplace, videos, etc...
7. Entertain or cook your own gourmet meals in a fully-equipped kitchen. Everything from wine glasses, champagne flutes, coffee mugs for hot cocoa, pots and pans, utensils, tea kettle, tumblers, coffee pot, microwave, slow cooker crock pot, dishes etc...
8. Lots of space and lots of comfort equals good vacation. Enjoy nearly 3000 square feet of vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors. Plenty of room for the children to run around, play, and make lots of noise, especially in the 4th bedroom / recreation area. This home has a lot personal charm and is fully furnished with everything that you will need.
9. Complimentary hi-speed internet through comcast cable. You can either connect wireless or connect through an Ethernet cable. Bring your laptops and get connected to the world. If you are like my husband and I, we still have to work our day jobs even on vacation. Most hotels charge $10 for every 24 hour period for internet access, so surf the web as often or as little as you want without worrying if you going to get charged $10 every 24 hour period.
10. Apres-Ski wouldn't be complete with out the ability to soak in a private jacuzzi with friends and family. This is a 5 person jetted hot tub and is located outside at the back of the house. Alternatively, you can take a quiet and relaxing bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub located in the masterbath.
The great thing about vacations is that you get to spend time with the people that matter most doing the things that you enjoy. The bummer about vacations is that they are always too short of a time span. Make your vacation arrangements in a fun, comfortable and convenient place. If our ski house sounds perfect for you and your family or friends, please email or give a call.
We would love to have you as our guest!
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Covered Parking
- Gas Fireplace
- Slow Cooker / Crock Pot, Ipod Player Boombox
- Satellite / Cable
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Jetted Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
ReviewsWrite a review
Guest comment entered by owner
We had a really nice time. The condo was perfect for the number of people we had in our party. Our kids (myself included) enjoyed the game room and the hot tub was wonderful. The weather was perfect, both at the condo and on the mountain. You do a great job making sure your guests have all the information and amenities they need to have an enjoyable stay. Thanks again, Maria
- Guest Maria
- Date of stay 03/26/09
- Review Submitted 03/26/09
Wonderful condo! Absolutely perfect for our party of 6 guys. Great location between the two canyons. Will stay again next time we come to SLC.
- Guest Matthew M. Hayward (Old Lyme, CT)
- Date of stay 03/23/09
- Review Submitted 03/23/09
Very nice accommodations-perfect proximity to the slopes, stores and restaurants. The owners were very responsive and a brief mix-up with the dates was quickly resolved. We hope tp stay there again. Highly recommended!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 02/28/09
- Review Submitted 02/28/09
Had another excellent trip. 2nd time we have stayed in your property and had an even better time. The location of your property being right between little and big cottonwood canyons is perfect. 4 great resorts right in the backyard. See you again soon,
- Guest Kurt Eakin1 (San Diego, CA)
- Date of stay 01/28/09
- Review Submitted 01/28/09
I was thrilled by the quality of the accommodations! The bedrooms were spacious with comfortable beds and luxurious bedding. The hot tub was a life-saver after a day skiing! And between the big-screen tv, the pool table, and the dartboard there wasn't a moment of boredom. The location is also perfect--just a short drive from both the slopes and civilization.
- Guest Brooke Toscano (-)
- Date of stay 01/27/09
- Review Submitted 01/27/09
Guest comment entered by owner
We had a great time at your condo last week. The location was perfect and the condo was beautiful. Nicole - It was great meeting you. Thanks for your help! Thanks again, Liz Ng
- Guest Liz Ng
- Date of stay 01/16/09
- Review Submitted 01/16/09
House is AWESOME, it's also in the perfect spot. 15-30 minutes from any of the noteworthy mountains, 15 minutes from the airport or downtown SLC. Best ski trip ever, thanks to this house. Hot tub is a savior after 8 hours of boarding......
- Guest Chris Means (GUAM/OKLAHOMA/FLORIDA)
- Date of stay 01/07/09
- Review Submitted 01/07/09
We had a wonderful week over the Christmas holiday staying at this condo. We comfortably fit 11 people, everyone had enough room to play, eat, rest, watch tv, etc. The location is ideal for skiing since it is close to 4 major resorts (Alta was our favorite). Would highly recommend this condo to anyone looking for a relaxing, comfortable place to stay with lots of extras (pool table, dart board, jacuzzi, hot-tub...). And make sure to order Super-Passes from Au-Co ahead of time as these can save you a few bucks on your trip. Hope to make it back out there someday soon!
- Guest Maciej Mrugala (Lisle, IL)
- Date of stay 01/02/09
- Review Submitted 01/02/09
Owner response: Thank you Maciej!!! We hope to have you out again in the future. Happy New Years!
Guest comment entered by owner
We had a great time using your condo...I think there was enough snow for another 10 ski trips! :-) Thanks again for everything, and Happy New Year! Maciej
- Guest Maciej
- Date of stay 12/30/08
- Review Submitted 12/30/08
Guest comment entered by owner
Hi Au-Co,We absolutely loved the house and the neigbourhood. About 20-30 minutes from everything (park-city, snowbird, downtown, airport, Lagoon (okay, that takes a few minutes more). Also, the Smiths grocery store (less then a mile away) has everything you might need, including fresh bread every morning. Again, we loved it…
- Guest Ferry Swinkels
- Date of stay 08/24/08
- Review Submitted 08/24/08
Nov 15 - Dec 14 .............. $199/night (3 night minimum). Dec 15 - Jan 2 ............... $415/night (7 night minimum). Jan 03 - Feb 11 .............. $375/night (4 night minimum). Feb 12 - Feb 17 .............. $415/night (4 night minimum). Feb 18 - Mar 31 .............. $399/night (4 night minimum). Apr 01 - Apr 16 .............. $275/night (4 night minimum). Cleaning: $160 /Security Deposit: $600 SLC Lodging Tax and Transaction Fee Not Included
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I love traveling all over the world. I work in e-commerce and enjoy skiing at Alta and Snowbird with family and friends. Life is good here, especially when the snow is fluffy and powdery.
Why the Owner Chose Cottonwood Heights:
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! For the best powder conditions in the US, you have go to Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. An easy 8 mile drive. Make a left from the neighborhood, another left up the mountain and VOILA!!! You are ready for a powder play ground.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
We are conveniently located by SKI BUS SHUTTLE which is an easy peasy 3 minute walk. The house is super spacious, private, quiet, and feels really cozy. While I need my space during down time, it's the perfect house for entertaining and hanging out with friends. Also bought a new hot tub and the basement is perfect for hanging out playing billards. It's my favorite place to get away during the winter.
Views of Snowbird and Alta on the 8 mile drive from the house.
Master bedroom is comfortable, spacious, and peaceful. Has private bathroom.
Soak in the new 5-6 person Hot Tub with jets.
Picture of the neighborhood we are located in.
Lots and lots of fresh powder in the neighborhood.
Cozy living room with comfy couches, fire place, and big screen TV.
Dining room table which is mostly used for Poker games when we go!
Basement features pool table, ping pong, and darts. Great place to hang out.
Private full master bathroom.
Two Queen size beds in this room.
Master Bathroom has double vanity, separate shower and jetted bath tub
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 24, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.