Windy Shores on Beautiful Lake Dunlap
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
New Braunfels house description
This three bedroom, two and a half bath home is located on a part of the Guadalupe River known as Lake Dunlap just two miles outside of New Braunfels, Texas off of Highway 46. This home is on 2.5 acres of waterfront property with a boat dock.
Bring the family for a vacation you'll never forget on this quiet retreat located in beautiful New Braunfels Texas. New Braunfels is home of the Guadalupe River and the most popular waterpark in the United States, Schlitterbahn. Also close are the outlet malls in San Marcos where you can spend days shopping the over 200 stores.
Also about one hour away is Sea World in San Antonio as well as Fiesta Texas and the San Antonio River Walk.
We supply everything you'll need. This guest house has a fully equipped kitchen, linens, pillows and outdoor grill.
What you'll need to bring: Food & clothing - the rest is provided.
Windy Shores caters to families and businesses looking for a nice quiet place to relax for a few days. WE HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR LARGE PARTIES OR LOUD BEHAVIOR. No more than 12 guests are allowed at a time; foul language will not be tolerated; no music or noise after 10:00 p.m. Your deposit will be forfeited if we have any complaints from our neighbors or we have to call the police. Our relationship with our neighbors is important to us and we will not tolerate groups who interfere with their right to quiet enjoyment of their property.
- 1650 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Iron & Board
- Master Bedroom - 1 King Size Bed, 1 Roll-Away Bed, TV & Private Bathroom and Walk-in Closet; 2nd Bedroom- 1 Queen Size Tempur-Pedic Mattress, 1 Twin, TV with DVD & VHS Player, Jack & Jill Bathroom with Shower, Bathtub and Walk-in Closet; 3rd Bedroom- 1 Twin Bed and 1 Trundle Bed - Also Shares the Jack & Jill Bathroom. There are also 2 roll-away beds. There's a Large Living Area with 2 Sofas, TV and a Modern Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances - Stove, Refrigerator W/Ice Maker, and Disposal, There are also 2 Refrigerators in the Garage, Washer & Dryer Also Provided, The Back of the Home Faces the Water with a Great Screened in Porch Where You Can Sit and Enjoy the View, No Pets...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Theme Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Located 2 miles east of New Braunfels, Texas on Highway 46 minutes from Schlitterbahn, downtown historic New Braunfels, local restaurants, antique stores and the historic town of Gruene, The property has plenty of room for the kids to bring their bikes and ride in the safe surroundings away from traffic, There are several places to golf in the area including La Cantera, Landa Park Golf Course, & The Bandit, Lots of shopping is just minutes away at the Outlet Mall in San Marcos...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful location, relaxing stay
Beautiful location, relaxing stay
We loved staying at Windy Shores. The house is clean, inviting, and comfortable...just enough in terms of decor but no personal effects to make it feel strange. Sleeping areas are large and roll away beds accommodate lots of kids! Great location on the quiet side of the Guadalupe with gorgeous views and a sprawling lawn. Only a short drive to town, tubing, Schlitterbahn. We will be back! Thank you Wende
- Guest Charlotte B.
- Date of stay 07/29/13
- Review Submitted 08/04/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, girls getaway.
Scenic & Relaxing
Scenic & Relaxing
In 40 plus years of travel world wide I can honestly say this is the cleanest and best maintained rental property I have experienced. Completely stocked all you need to bring is a few personal items. Ownership is extremely responsive and easy to coordinate with. The screened porch and view of the backyard and river are breath taking. This was the second consecutive year we vacationed at Windy Shores and we are planning to make it an annual event. This is definitely a home away from home and I highly recommend it.
- Guest Rob (The Woodlands, TX)
- Date of stay 06/24/13
- Review Submitted 07/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children.
I can't begin to say enough positive things about Windy Shores. Our family found it difficult to leave. The decor, bedding, grounds, view, all of it was outstanding!!! Judy & Denise we're very helpful & kind. We can't wait to return!!! I would highly recommend!! Thank you for allowing us to enjoy such a beautiful vacation home. Melody Wesselski
- Guest Melody Wesselski (Rosharon, Texas)
- Date of stay 12/22/08
- Review Submitted 12/22/08
What a fabulous place! The view is awesome and the home is so nice. The owners are so gracious and have gone out of their way to make this place welcoming and comfortable. The location is very convenient but yet you feel like you are out of the city. We certainly were not ready to leave! Thank you for a wonderful place to come with our family! We hope to come back soon.
- Guest Sheila7 (Bedford, TX)
- Date of stay 11/27/06
- Review Submitted 11/27/06
Wende thanks for the great stay in New Braunfels. Your home was beautiful and we felt right at home. The lake view was great, thanks for everything. Your friends from Rogers, Texas.
- Guest Sharon Peters (Rogers, Texas)
- Date of stay 07/18/06
- Review Submitted 07/18/06
Apr 01-Oct 01 .. $500/night (weekend) .. $400/night (weeknight) 2 nt min (Peak) Holidays ....... $600/night (weekend) 3 night min Non-Peak ....... $350/night (weekend) .. $300/night (weeknight) Rates are based on 10 guests - additional charge for more guests. $500 Refundable Deposit required. $150 Cleaning Fee Renter must be at least 25 years old and must be occupant of house during rental. Weekly Rates upon request.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Beautiful view of Lake Dunlap. One of the best views on the lake.
Front of Home
Large Beautiful Kitchen
Master Bedroom with view of lake. This room also has a roll away bed.
Screened in Porch w/ Beautiful Lake View
View from the water looking at the house and boat dock area.
Master Bath sink area. Master has a shower and walk in closet.
Back of home with seating area by the lake.
Driveway coming down to the house. Lots of room to park and play.
Yellow Rose Room has 1 queen size bed, 1 twin bed, and 1 roll away bed.
Living Area with French Doors to Screened in Patio
View of boat dock and patio by the water
The Gruene room has 3 twins.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Monday, September 09, 2013