VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Set on a south-facing hillside overlooking the medieval village of Seillans the house is in a secluded area 1.5kms from the village. There are two covered terraces, 3 high level terraces and an overflow swimming pool. Two outside barbeque areas, two modern kitchens, two washing machines and one dryer facilitate comfort living and entertaining. English and French TV channels available, Sky and Internet Wifi connection.
You will not find many reviews here, as the house is only let ocassionally, simply because it is the owner's primary residence. But you will not be disappointed.
There is under floor heating as the region can be chilly at night between November and April. Floors in all the house, are in terracotta tiling and there are Oriental rugs in every room. There is ample hanging and storage space in all bedrooms. Bedlinen and towels provided. Cleaning service can be arranged for over 1 week lets
A villa designed for easy living and a great base for exploring Provence and the Côte d’Azur. Alternative arrival and departure days can be arranged privately. Special offers available on request.
Nambawan is 300 sq m. It was completed in 1999 when the owners came to live here permanently. The house has three double bedrooms, all ensuite and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom. The spacious living room has a fireplace and opens onto one of the terraces and garden. A main staircase leads to the bedrooms and independent flat upstairs. The open plan kitchen is adjacent to the inside dining room which has direct access to one of the covered terraces, which doubles as Summer dining area.
Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael. 3 of the bathrooms are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. the fourth one has no bath tub only shower.
Both kitchens (main and flat) are fully equipped with fridge, cooker (gas and electric), oven, microwave, toaster, food processor and dishwasher.
A complete set of garden and pool furniture are available for use of the guests. There is a 'boules' court on the property and 'boules' to play with!
There is ample parking on the driveway and around the house. A forge iron gate contributes to ensure security.
Seillans has earned the right to be called “un des plus beaux villages de France” with its charming cobbled streets and shady squares leading up to the restored castle. It is one of the perched medieval villages of Provence, lively all year round and in the summer full of flowers. It was the last home of Max Ernst, a famous XX century painter who spent the last years of his life in this village, with his American artist wife Dorothea. Many painters, sculptors and potters have made their home in Seillans over the years.
Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with its superb Renaissance altar-piece. The next village, Fayence, is home to one of the better known gliding clubs in Europe. Lake St. Cassien, 15 minutes away, offers excellent swimming, wind surfing etc. Easy day trips can be made to all the well known places and beaches along the Riviera: St. Tropez, St. Raphael, Antibes, Cannes,Nice, Monaco, les Gorges du Verdon etc. There are public tennis courts and a swimming pool in the village. There are also some beautiful walks in the area and the skiing slopes of Greolieres, Isola and Val de l’Alos are easily accessible. And for “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), road D25 is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region.
Seillans and Fayence are well served by shops, markets (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in Fayence, Wednesday in Seillans) and several supermarkets, as well as a good range of cafés and restaurants. There are a number of doctors and dentists in the villages, and excellent hospitals in Draguignan, Grasse and on the Coast.
.Further information can be supplied on request. Please do not hesitate to contact David and Coco by email or phone with your questions and queries.
For more detailed information look at Map page on this ad!
Nambawan has three double bedrooms, all ensuite, and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom.
Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael.
The bathrooms in two of the bedrooms and in the flat are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. The fourth one has no bath tub only shower.
The flat has a sofa bed in the lounge....moreless
All bathrooms are white walls and decorated with hand made tiles from Salernes....moreless
Both kitchens in the main house and in the flat have hobs with 2 electricity rings and two gas. Both equipped with microwaves. The flat, which is independent if one so wishes but integral part of the house, has the iron board, iron and washing machine in the kitchen. The house has an independent laundry room downstairs. The vacuum cleaner is centrally operated.
There are plenty of terraces around the house and different 'ambiences' to please all tastes. Will leave basic toiletries to start the let but for longer rents tenants will have to buy further supplies. There is an electrically operated gate to improve security and ample parking in the drive.
There are tables and chairs for outside dining and two barbeques. Plenty of wood available!...moreless
Books For Adults
Satellite / Cable
Local Services & Businesses
See description before, but you have to see this unique view....moreless
Breathtaking view over the fields, mountains and valley, all the way to the sea....moreless
High Season - July and August Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2015 7 night min stay
Medium High Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2015 7 night min stay
Medium Low Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2015 7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit€1,000
For any additional information contact owner directly.
50% at the time of booking and the balance and the damage protection one month before the holiday let starts
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Apart from the familiar French boulangeries, butcher's and grocer's shops, the village has a small supermarket, a few good restaurants and cafés, a petrol station, and has a (small) market day on Wednesdays. Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with a famous Renaissance altar-piece. Can only be visited with a guided tour (Thursday morning).
The village of Fayence is a bit more substantial than Seillans, and is very well served by shops, several supermarkets, as well as having a good range of cafés and restaurants. It is particularly active on market days which are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (most substantial market). Fayence is also home to one of the better-known gliding clubs in Europe.
Bargemon, 8km drive from Seillans, is another picturesque medieval village with nice restaurants and old streets worth exploring. Posh and Becks used to have a house there before they moved to L.A…
There are a number of great golf courses in the region open to visitors, including:
• Domaine de Terres Blanches(www.terreblanchegolfclub.com) Two beautiful 18-hole courses 20 minutes drive from Seillans
• Chateau de Taulane (www.chateau-taulane.com) – Stunning mountain course located 45 minutes drive from Seillans up the Route de Mons.
• Old Course Cannes Mandalieu (www.golfoldcourse.com) – Fun course located on the coast, 35 minutes drive from Seillans.
Lac St. Cassien (15 minutes from Seillans) has the usual activities of swimming, sailing, windsurfing, pedalos, and fishing. Seillans has a public swimming pool (tel: +33 (0)494768637), while there are lots of easily-accessible beaches on the coast.
There are good quality public tennis courts available at the bottom of both Fayence and Seillans villages. To book a court in Seillans call +33 (0)494768589 or Fayence call +33 (0)494841760 (though it’s normally fine to just turn up and play).
Gliding / Flying
Fayence is a world-renowned centre for gliding due to the thermals rising up to the surrounding hills. At the Fayence Aerodrome (10 minutes from Seillans - www.aapca.net/) you can have a guest flight with an instructor either in a small plane or in a glider. (Advisable to book a day in advance). Alternatively, there is a nice restaurant and cafe at the gliding centre where you can relax and watch the fun….
Hiking / Walking
There are some great walks in the area. Maps and information available and further help at the tourist offices in Seillans and Fayence.
Places to visit / day trips
• La route des vins – (Starts 20 minutes from Seillans) For “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), the D25 road is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region. We recommend [Chateau d’Esclans, Jas d’Esclans, les Grands Esclans, Chateau Rouet, etc.….]
• St. Tropez – (1 hour from Seillans to St. Maxime) See how the other half live. If driving from Seillans, we suggest you park at St. Maxime and take the ferry across the bay. It’s more scenic and avoids the traffic!
• Nice – (50 minutes from Seillans) Walk along the Promenade des Anglais, visit the flower market, amble through the pedestrianised old town, and enjoy a good lunch. For those culturally inclined, there are the Matisse and the Chagall Museums also!
• Antibes – (40 minutes from Seillans) Where the largest mega-yachts on the Riviera dock. Visit the Picasso museum at the Chateau Grimaldi, or just sit down and have a beer and a nice meal in the beautiful old town.
• Monaco – (1.30 hour from Seillans) The casino, the port, the Maritime Museum and aquarium, the prices (!!), the scene…
• St. Paul de Vence – (1 hour from Seillans) Beautiful old town perched on the hillside behind Nice. Visit the Fondation Maeght (www.fondation-maeght.com/), which is a fantastic modern art museum in beautiful outdoor surroundings. Lots of good restaurants in St. Paul, including La Colombe d’Or for those unaffected by the credit crunch.
• Cannes – (40 minutes from Seillans) Check out one of the Riviera’s more famous croissettes, visit the beaches, have lunch by the old port.
• Gorges de Verdon (45 minutes from Seillans) (http://www.provenceweb.fr/e/groupes/verdon/gorges.htm) is the French version of the Grand Canyon and really spectacular.
• Lac St. Croix – (1.5 hours from Seillans) The largest of the Verdon lakes. Combine with the drive through the Gorge de Verdon and a well-earned lunch at the “Bastide de Moustiers” (see restaurants).
• Bandol – (1,30 hour from Seillans to the West) Premier wine producing area. We can highly recommend both Chateau de Pibarnon and Domaine de Tempier.
• Grasse – (45 minutes from Seillans) Home of French perfume and therefore perfum capital of the world.
Request further info
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: We bought the property in 1996 but spent three years 'doing it up/building it' and only came to live here in 1999. There we are happily in our lovely kitchen.
Why the Owner Chose Seillans: We found that this was the ideal retirement property for a couple who had always lived in beautiful places, but as expats. Seillans is a highly civilized rural area and it has the advantage of being within easy access of the second airport in France (Nice Cote d'Azur) and counting on innumerable entertainment facilities, both cultural and sportive.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa: No matter what your interests are, they can easily be satisfied from Seillans... Come to see and enjoy the place and what it offers!
Speaks: english, french, spanish, italian
Primary:+33 0494843882 x 94843882There is answer phone here. See my mob below