A Home More Than a Villa with Breathtaking Views to the Coast. Spectacular Pool
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Seillans villa description
Set on a south-facing hillside overlooking the medieval village of Seillans the house is in a secluded area 1.5kms from the village. There are two covered terraces, 3 high level terraces and an overflow swimming pool. Two outside barbeque areas, two modern kitchens, two washing machines and one dryer facilitate comfort living and entertaining. English and French TV channels available, Sky and Internet Wifi connection.
There is under floor heating as the region can be chilly at night between November and April. Floors in all the house, are in terracotta tiling and there are Oriental rugs in every room. There is ample hanging and storage space in all bedrooms. Bedlinen and towels provided. Cleaning service can be arranged for over 1 week lets
A villa designed for easy living and a great base for exploring Provence and the Côte d’Azur. Alternative arrival and departure days can be arranged privately. Special offers available on request.
Nambawan is 300 sq m. It was completed in 1999 when the owners came to live here permanently.
The house has three double bedrooms, all ensuite and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom. The spacious living room has a fireplace and opens onto one of the terraces and garden. A main staircase leads to the bedrooms and independent flat upstairs. The open plan kitchen is adjacent to the inside dining room which has direct access to one of the covered terraces, which doubles as Summer dining area.
Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael. 3 of the bathrooms are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. the fourth one has no bath tub only shower.
Both kitchens (main and flat) are fully equipped with fridge, cooker (gas and electric), oven, microwave, toaster, food processor and dishwasher.
A complete set of garden and pool furniture are available for use of the guests. There is a 'boules' court on the property and 'boules' to play with!
There is ample parking on the driveway and around the house. A forge iron gate contributes to ensure security.
Seillans has earned the right to be called “un des plus beaux villages de France” with its charming cobbled streets and shady squares leading up to the restored castle. It is one of the perched medieval villages of Provence, lively all year round and in the summer full of flowers. It was the last home of Max Ernst, a famous XX century painter who spent the last years of his life in this village, with his American artist wife Dorothea. Many painters, sculptors and potters have made their home in Seillans over the years.
Just outside the village lies the beautiful Roman chapel of Notre Dame des Ormeaux, with its superb Renaissance altar-piece. The next village, Fayence, is home to one of the better known gliding clubs in Europe. Lake St. Cassien, 15 minutes away, offers excellent swimming, wind surfing etc. Easy day trips can be made to all the well known places and beaches along the Riviera: St. Tropez, St. Raphael, Antibes, Cannes,Nice, Monaco, les Gorges du Verdon etc. There are public tennis courts and a swimming pool in the village. There are also some beautiful walks in the area and the skiing slopes of Greolieres, Isola and Val de l’Alos are easily accessible. And for “les amateurs du vin” (wine lovers), road D25 is a beautiful drive through forests and the Gorges de Pennafort. It is one of the best wine roads in the region with several vineyards where visitors are welcome to sample Cotes de Provence wines. Half of all French rosés originate in this AOC region.
Seillans and Fayence are well served by shops, markets (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in Fayence, Wednesday in Seillans) and several supermarkets, as well as a good range of cafés and restaurants. There are a number of doctors and dentists in the villages, and excellent hospitals in Draguignan, Grasse and on the Coast.
.Further information can be supplied on request. Please do not hesitate to contact David and Coco by email or phone with your questions and queries.
For more detailed information look at Map page on this ad!
- 300 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Nambawan has three double bedrooms, all ensuite, and a self contained flat with a large twin bedroom. Large cupboards and plenty of hanging space complete the fittings in the bedrooms. From the bedroom windows there is a breathtaking view of the plain below and towards the sea at Saint Raphael. The bathrooms in two of the bedrooms and in the flat are fully equipped with bath, shower, toilet and wash basin. The fourth one has no bath tub only shower. The flat has a sofa bed in the lounge....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Both kitchens in the main house and in the flat have hobs with 2 electricity rings and two gas. Both equipped with microwaves. The flat, which is independent if one so wishes but integral part of the house, has the iron board, iron and washing machine in the kitchen. The house has an independent laundry room downstairs. The vacuum cleaner is centrally operated. There are plenty of terraces around the house and different 'ambiences' to please all tastes. Will leave basic toiletries to start the let but for longer rents tenants will have to buy further supplies. There is an electrically operated gate to improve security and ample parking in the drive. There are tables and chairs for outside dining and two barbeques. Plenty of wood available!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Music Library
- Books For Adults
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
- Autumn Foliage
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Washing Machine
- Sofa Bed
- Ceiling Fans
- Paper Towels
- Local Activities Guide
- Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Parking On Street
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Mosquito Magnet
- Alarm Clock
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- 4 Ring Stove
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Grinder
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Small Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Beach Towels
- Outdoor Grill
- Large Cooler
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|May and October
May 1 - May 31, 2014
7 night min stay
|Medium High - June and Septemb
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2014
7 night min stay
|High Season - July and August
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
For any additional information contact owner directly.
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Nice at 55 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Calais at 1000 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Les Arcs Draguignan, or St Raphael at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A8 at 18 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Agay, Mandelieu at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Bar Charlot - Seillans at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Val d'Alos, Isola 2000 (50Km) at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Terres Blanches at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Le Relais, La Gloire de Mon Pere, Les Deux Rocs at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: We bought the property in 1996 but spent three years 'doing it up/building it' and only came to live here in 1999. There we are happily in our lovely kitchen.
Why the Owner Chose Seillans:
We found that this was the ideal retirement property for a couple who had always lived in beautiful places, but as expats. Seillans is a highly civilized rural area and it has the advantage of being within easy access of the second airport in France (Nice Cote d'Azur) and counting on innumerable entertainment facilities, both cultural and sportive.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
No matter what your interests are, they can easily be satisfied from Seillans... Come to see and enjoy the place and what it offers!
- Primary: +33 4 94843882
- Secondary: + mobile number 0033603094910
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of the House
View of the Seillans from House
Another View from Pool
A different light to the house from pool
View from Summer dining Terrace
Coming down the drive
Main Sitting Room
Pool, Plage and house in the background
Main open plan kitchen
Looking down on the plain from pool
View from West Terrace
Pool, plage and house in the background
The wild part of the garden
Terrace Outside the Flat
Breakfast on Front Terrace