Ross Cottage: Where Coastal Maine Meets Yesteryear
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Pembroke cottage description
Ross Cottage is a century-old rustic seaside cottage preserved and restored in its early 20th Century pre-electricity character. It sits on a bluff above tideline overlooking Cobscook Bay; has a wide red beach in front. It's surrounded by 50+ acres of protected forest. Wide front porch; stone fireplace. It provides guests an opportunity to experience the recreational lifestyle of its owners beginning in 1900.
Ross Cottage is offered as a public service; all profits go to the Downeast Coastal Conservancy.
For more detailed information about the cottage, see our website by Googling Ross Cottage Maine.
Keywords: Rustic Seaside Cottage, non-electrified, restored to early 20th Century character
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Air Conditioning:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street
- Wood Stove
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Lighting by kerosene lamp; Heating by woodstove or fireplace; Bathing by solar shower or sponge bath; Outdoor priv; Water and food cooler from cold spring; Cooking by woodstove or Coleman stove; Utensils, silverware, and dishes provided; Bring your own food, linens, and personal items; Blankets, comforters and pillows provided; Emergency bedding available, No pets or smoking inside building, please; Instruction and Ross Cottage history pamphlets provided. Contact owner for special needs....moreless
Location & View
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Birding, lighthouses, whale-watching, berry-picking, clamming, kayaking/canoeing (rental or your own), summer arts/crafts, and plenty of peace and quiet at the cottage. Within an hour's drive are Eastport, Lubec, Campobello Island, East and West Quoddy Heads, Reversing Falls, Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge, and St. Croix Island National Monument...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Honorably, we were the very first guests at Ross Cottage and we absolutely had the best time! Every child should experience time without plumbing and electricity. We have visited many museums and historical sites, this was like living in one! We will be be back! Thanks Ross Family! Lisa Twombly
- Guest Lisa Twombly (Hampden, Maine)
- Date of stay 08/02/07
- Review Submitted 08/02/07
Jul-Aug ... $650/week Sept ... $600/week State sales tax of 7% added. All profits go to Downeast Coastal Conservancy. Payment by check on or before first day of use. Rental period: Normally, early Saturday afternoon through Saturday morning. Full refund for cancellation 30 days before scheduled and afterward if slot rented
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Ross Cottage by Carolyn Lane Vose
Ross Cottage beachfront by Wendy Umbriac
Ross Cottage 1940 Fireplace by Gregg Ross
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, August 12, 2012
4 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.