Premium 2 Bd/2BA Breathtaking View Oceanfront End Unit Avail Jul 2-11!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kihei Surfside condo description
When only the Best will do!
This fourth floor oceanfront condo at the Kihei Surfside Resort is located at the ocean end of the building, in the coveted “1 stack”, which are the closest to the ocean two bedroom condos in all of Kihei or Wailea. It has a spectacular 270 degree view from the kitchen, living room, dining area, master bedroom and lanai. The islands of Molokini and Kahoolawe are clearly visible. The view of the ocean and its abundant wildlife is absolutely breathtaking. It was completely remodeled and refurnished in September 2011, and is spectacular in every way! This is “Rosies” personal unit. We believe this is the finest unit in the best location anywhere in south Kihei.
The entire unit has porcelain flooring. All the cabinetry, which was custom made and imported from Canada, is cherry stained maple, and all counters and vanities are topped with Juparana Delicatus granite. The cabinets and countertops are consistent throughout the unit. All lighting in all rooms is controlled by dimmer switches.
The gourmet kitchen is spectacular! There are large windows through which there is a spectacular view to the south of Keawakapu Beach, (voted Maui’s “most romantic), Molokini Crater and the island of Kahoolawe. It is fully equipped with stainless steel Professional Series appliances, including side by side fridge/freezer with water and ice, flat top stove with five burners and warming drawer, quiet dishwasher, multi function microwave oven, garbage disposer, under cabinet lighting and a variety of small appliances including coffee maker, coffee grinder, four slice toaster, blender, crock pot, rice maker and hand mixer. There is also a large selection of higher end pots and pans, baking pans, knives, BBQ tools, extensive spice rack and ample matching dishes, glasses and cutlery. The kitchen peninsula has a six foot eating ledge with three barstools.
The living room has a tropical rattan sofa with a matching loveseat and large comfy armchair with ottoman. There is also a large 55” flat screen LCD HD color TV with HD cable box, digital cable subscription, DVR, Blue-ray player and surround sound receiver and multi speed ceiling fan.
The dining area has a round rattan glass table with 4 matching tropical armchairs with ceiling fan/light above.
The large, private lanai has two matching comfy armchairs with ottomans and bistro style tables with seating for four – a spectacular place to enjoy your morning coffee or a romantic oceanfront dinner! Turtles and dolphins can be seen year round, whales in season.
The unit has free, wireless high speed internet and free long distance calling to the United States and Canada.
The master bedroom has a high quality Euro style pillow top king size bed with high end linens. This is the only 2 bedroom unit at the Kihei Surfside with a king size bed. There is also a multi speed ceiling fan, Hawaiian style rattan furniture, plantation shutters, wall mounted 37” flat screen LCD HD TV with cable box. The closet has a digital security safe mounted inside. The master bedroom is located on the ocean side of the building from where the surf is very audible and the full ocean view is breathtaking!
The master bathroom has a full size, walk in shower with a Pulse shower spa system, including rain head, hand held wand/massager and six body sprays. There is an over height vanity with granite countertop, Toto elongated toilet and recessed in the ceiling is a JBL stereo speaker system.
The second bedroom has Sealy Posturepedic pillow top Queen size bed with high end linens. There also is a multi speed ceiling fan, Hawaiian style rattan furniture, plantation shutters, closet, and a wall mounted 27” flat screen LCD TV with built in DVD player. This bedroom also has a full bathroom, including custom enclosed shower with a massage head shower system, c/w a hand held wand/massager. There is an over height vanity with granite countertop and elongated Toto toilet.
The unit is fully equipped with, fresh linen and towels, iron/ironing board, hairdryers and beach gear that includes folding chairs, Egyptian cotton beach towels, umbrella, boogie boards, snorkel gear and cooler.
This unit is an excellent choice for guests who are looking for a very high end, premium oceanfront accommodation in a spectacular location with an absolutely breathtaking and unobstructed 270 degree view of the Pacific Ocean from Keawakapu Beach to the West Maui mountains.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1) The master bedroom has a high quality Euro style pillow top king size bed with high end linens. This is the only 2 bedroom unit at the Kihei Surfside with a king size bed., Queen size Beds (1) The second bedroom has Sealy Posturepedic pillow top Queen size bed with high end linens....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
The gourmet kitchen is spectacular! There are large windows through which there is a spectacular view to the south of Keawakapu Beach, (voted Maui’s “most romantic), Molokini Crater and the island of Kahoolawe. It is fully equipped with stainless steel Professional Series appliances, including side by side fridge/freezer with water and ice, flat top stove with five burners and warming drawer, quiet dishwasher, multi function microwave oven, garbage disposer, under cabinet lighting and a variety of small appliances including coffee maker, coffee grinder, four slice toaster, blender, crock pot, rice maker and hand mixer. There is also a large selection of higher end pots and pans, baking pans, knives, BBQ tools, extensive spice rack and ample matching dishes, glasses and cutlery. The kitchen peninsula has a six foot eating ledge with three barstools....moreless
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Spectacular snorkelling right at your doorstep
Satellite / Cable:
There is a large 55” wall mounted flat screen LCD HD color TV with HD cable box, DVR, Blue-ray player and surround sound receiver in the living room, a wall mounted 37” flat screen LCD HD TV with cable box in the master bedroom, and a wall monted 27” flat screen LCD TV with built in DVD player in the second bedroom....moreless
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Whale Watching
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort! Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea, including the Grand Wailea Hotel. It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. Feel free to join in – everyone is welcome - this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers! There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort; the Five Palms and Sarentos on the Beach. The Five Palms is known as the best happy hour on Maui, the bar menu and drinks are half price between 5 and 7:30PM, and after 9PM. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery/wine store, Zach’s. Other larger grocery stores in Kihei, a short drive from the resort are Safeway, Foodland and Star Market. The island also has a Costco, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sears. There is never any shortage of things to do on Maui. The Shops at Wailea, Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Tennis Club and Makena Golf Club are within a five minute drive. The Kihei boat ramp is located 100 yards north of the property. Several of the tour operators for snorkeling and diving launch here. See Maui Dive Shop, Makena Coast Dive Charters, and Blue Water Rafting. Maalaea Harbor is a 20 minute drive, and from there you would get the fishing charters and sunset dinner cruises, or visit the Maui Ocean Center. The old whaling town of Lahaina is a 45 minute drive; from there you can ride on the Atlantis Submarine, or go for a boat trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Helicopter tours are available from the airport. See Blue Hawaiian Helicopters or Air Maui. Feeling adventurous? Try riding a bike down Mount Haleakala - Haleakala Bike Company. For exercise enthusiasts, there are a couple of gyms nearby – Powerhouse Gym, Valley Isle Fitness, and Pilates Maui. There is also an oceanfront yoga studio Maui Yoga Path right across the parking lot. We think this property has the best location in Kihei! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
KS 401 (Premium) 2-6 Nts 7-13 Nts 14-20 Nts 21-27 Nts Over 28 Nts Jul 1 - Sept 30 $295-$325 $285-$315 $275-$305 $265-$295 $255-$285 Oct 1 - Dec 18 $335-$375 $325-$365 $315-$355 $305-$345 $295-$335 Dec 19 - Mar 31 $405-$485 $395-$475 $385-$465 $375-$455 $365-$445 Apr 1 - Jun 30 $295-$365 $285-$375 $275-$365 $265-$355 $255-$345 Rates are plus 13.42% tax (Hawaii tax #W87353122-01) and $25 reservation fee. $125 cleaning fee for stays 5 nights. We own/rent 16 units @ Surfside so even if you don’t see your dates available, send an email and I will see if I can help. Aloha!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from...MoreCollapse
Warm days, pleasant nights, the best beaches in the state of Hawaii are located along Maui's southern coast. Kihei, with its happy neighborhood feel and shopping, including Safeway, Foodland and Times supermarkets, as well as casual nightlife, offers beaches like Kamaole I, II & III and Charley Young's. Keawakapu beach, voted Maui’s most romantic beach, stretches from Kihei to Wailea. Ulua Beach, Wailea Beach and Polo Beach front beautiful and upscale Wailea resorts. Makena's Big Beach has a wide swath of golden sand. Glorious sunsets with the island of Kahoolawe in view are available from all the beaches on Maui’s south....MoreCollapse
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Larry and Sharon Rosenberg are businesspeople from Vancouver, Canada. We started coming to the Kihei Surfside on our honeymoon in 1983. We loved it so much we returned every year. We feel very fortunate to be owners at the Kihei Surfside. The Surfside is a special place - our favorite on earth - and we enjoy helping first timers discover this magical place! We plan to spend our winters at the Surfside once we retire.
Why the Owner Chose Kihei Surfside:
We are convinced this property offers the best value and location for oceanfront accommodation in the south Kihei/Wailea area. All of the units are direct oceanfront, and the property has the most amazing oceanfront lawn area spanning over 2 acres, which is unique to our property. The best part about the Surfside are the friendly, happy people, and the great accommodating staff!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The property is located right at the north end of world famous Keawakapu Beach. It is one of the finest white sand beaches anywhere. It stretches for miles past some of the most expensive homes and hotels in all of Maui. Great for walking or running. We enjoy walking the beach each morning, and spending time some time there soaking up some morning sun and swimming/snorkeling in the warm ocean. When we want some quieter time, we spend time on the oceanfront lawn. The grass is like a putting green - many people reach down to feel it to see if it is real - it looks like carpet! It is a great place to soak up some sun, read a great book, watch the whales, dolphins and turtles or catch a nap! There is a reef right at our property that has the most amazing snorkeling we have seen anywhere. Unlike most other oceanfront properties in Kihei, the Surfside is perched right on the sea shore, set back several hundred feet from S. Kihei Road, so you hear the ocean, not the road noise. The complex has two high end stainless steel barbeques and picnic tables right at the ocean. Almost every night, we use the barbeque and eat our dinner at the oceanfront lit by tiki torches.
- Primary: (604) 644-8690 (British Columbia, Canada) Love to hear from you, but email is best!
KS401 is less than 50 feet from the ocean - has an absolutely breathtaking view
Great Entertainment System - 55" Toshiba HDTV, DVR, surround sound & DVD player
Oceanfront bedroom king bed - Go to sleep with the soothing sound of the ocean!
Master Bedroom has a built in security safe (different than shown)
Bdrm 2 - 3 pc ensuite, multi spd ceiling fan, plantation shutters, original art
Bedroom 2 has Queen size Sealy Posturepedic pillow top bed with high end linens
2nd bathroom custom glass shower enclosure c/w adjustble shower massager/wand
Large oceanfront lanai c/w 2 comfy chairs with ottoman & bistro seating for 4
Heated, oceanfront pool (loungers have been replaced since photo taken!)
2 acre lawn and proximity to Keawakapu Beach. Great snorkeling on reef out front
Kihei Surfside shuffleboard
Front entrance to the Kihei Surfside
Spectacular, fully equipped gourmet kitchen with Professional Series Appliances
Dining area has multi speed ceiling fan. Unit has original art throughout
Master bdrm c/w 37" TV, HD cable box, full ensuite bath, spectacular ocean view
Ensuite-magnificant colors & shower spa- you can see the ocean fromthe shower!
Bedroom 2 has queen bed and a wall mounted 21" LCD TV with built in DVD player
2nd bath is connected to the 2nd bdrm and has white cabinets c/w granite counter
In suite washer and dryer
Closest to the ocean location (50 ft) anywhere in Kihei or Wailea
Sunset at the Surfside
Keawakapu Beach (voted Maui's most romantic) is 100 steps from your front door
Professional grade BBQ's and oceanfront picnic tables to prepare delicious meals
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 13, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
(604) 644-8690 (British Columbia, Canada)
Love to hear from you, but email is best!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.