North Shore Oceanfront Condominium - Haleiwa Surf Vacations
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Haleiwa condo description
Enjoy the Hawaiian experience that you have always dreamed of! This beautifully furnished beachfront one bedroom two bath, second floor condominium is located in the only condominium unit in Haleiwa town. Nestled right in between two beautiful state parks; Kaiaka and Ali'i Beach. Directly in front of this unit is a pristine, wide, sandy beach. Enjoy calming ocean views and beautiful sunsets from your private lanai. Located in the front building, our second floor unit offers unbelievable ocean views where you can literally watch sea turtles swim by and whales breaching during whale season. The breezes blow right through our sliders making it amazingly comfortable!
November through May, Humpback Whales are often seen playing right off shore! Sea Turtles abound right in front of this unit where a beautiful reef surrounds a safe swimming area. Watch Monk Seals sunbathe on the sand while they await the arrival of their pups! Right at your footsteps is an amazing snorkeling experience! There are many tropical and beautifully colored fish!
A fully equipped kitchen allows you to prepare your own gourmet meals, or you can leisurely stroll through historic Haleiwa Town with a wide variety of ono ( delicious ) places to dine in or take out. Take a tour with a local shark tour company and come face to face with sharks! Do not forget to try our local favorite shave ice and visit our galleries, boutiques and surf shops along the way. The comfortable private bedroom offers a queen-size bed and a queen-size futon in the living room allows accommodations for two to four guests. Come visit Haleiwa!
THE BEST WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH OWNER IS VIA EMAIL.
*PLEASE NOTE* The calendar is not active. To inquire about available dates, please call or email. Pictures are of two units which have identical floorplans. The units are side by side with same views.
- On floor 2
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Newly renovated showers
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Beach chairs and towels provided.
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Lawn / Garden
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- As far as things to do....there are so many! Something you must try is stand-up paddle boarding. It is a blast! You can walk down to Surf'N'Sea. Just take a credit card, ID, and the bare necessities you are wearing. (They will hold all of your belongings in the store so you don't need to worry about theft) You can rent stand-up boards there. You can take the boards right out behind the store and practice if you have never done it before. It is easier than it looks. If you are feeling like you have the hang of it, you can paddle up the river right under the Rainbow Bridge. It is beautiful back there and there are so many sea turtles swimming everywhere. We like to paddle all the way back to the condo. The reefs along the way are amazing, and there are LOTS of sea turtles in the open water as well! Then, you can play on the boards all day in front of the condo and practice, and then paddle back to Surf'N'Sea! It really is fun! Haleiwa Joe's has the best MaiTai's in town! Their Mai Tai's come along with a souvenir cup. Their food is great. The sashimi is so fresh and wonderful! Haleiwa Eats has great Thai food. Jameson's is good. Cholo's is a great Mexican place in the Breakers center (near the entrance to town). Haleiwa Cafe is a MUST for breakfast! It looks like a hole in the wall (it actually is), but there is always a line and the food is great. We always walk here for breakfast. (Again, at the entrance to town) Matsumoto's is worth the wait for their shave ice. It is definitely the best in town. Make sure you put a scoop of ice cream at the bottom. Lui Bueno's is a new Mexican/Seafood Restaurant in town. I have yet to be disappointed there! Great food, great tacos! Lani's is a famous beach where sea turtles are always found. It is about a 5 - 7 minute drive from the condo. Just drive along, with the ocean on your left, and it will be the first or second semi-crowded beach on your left. You can tell it is Lani's by the amount of tourists. There are plenty of sea turtles there. Why drive to Lani's and fight your way through the crowds, when you can see PLENTY of sea turtles, right from your own private lanai? Right before sunset, the sea turtles come on the beach to sleep. From the condos, looking towards the water, go to your right, towards Ali'i Beach. You will find lots of sea turtles sleeping. You can't touch them, but they take great pictures! Standing on the lanai, looking to the left, you will see kite surfers, way out at Kaena Point. Look very carefully...you may see gliders also. We love to drive out there (that is always an adventure, because we always forget how to get there!) You can exit the condos to the right. When the road dead ends turn right. I think you will come to a roundabout and stay to the right. You are looking for signs to Dillingham Airfield. If you go past the airfield, you will eventually see an open beach/park/picnic ground on your right. It is fun to pull in here and watch the kite surfers. Then, we always go back to Dillingham and drive through the airport. They used to keep the original plane from 'Lost' in the back there. It seems to me we didn't see it last time, but we always drive through and look. Often you can see parachuters coming down too. Turtle Bay is a great place to visit. They have a wonderful bar right on the ocean, by the pool. They have great bar food until 7:00. The sunset views from here are amazing! Also, the North Shore Shark Tour is so much fun! You can walk to their boat from the condo. They take you out in a shark cage and you see some type of shark out there (not the kind that eat people). When we went, there had just been a huge storm and a dead cow had been washed out to sea. The people tied the cow to our boat and Tiger Sharks were there within minutes! We saw 4 of them, huge, all pecking and eating this cow. It was amazing. I have never been so scared in my life! Anyway, it is a fun experience. Waimea Bay is a beautiful place to spend a morning. It gets SUPER crowded by 10:00, so go early to find a parking spot. Don't bring anything valuable because there is a lot of theft there. It's close enough to the condo where you could just bring a towel and water bottle and go home before you need money to eat or whatever. Right behind Waimea is the falls area where you can do some light hiking. Three Tables and Shark's Cove is also just past Waimea. More great snorkeling! In all honesty, my favorite thing to do is hang out at the condo because it is so beautiful. The beach here is perfect, and there is great snorkeling too! CALENDAR IS NOT ACTIVE! PLEASE EMAIL OWNER FOR AVAILABILITY...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
What a fantastic GEM of a place!
What a fantastic GEM of a place!
Was able to stay for 2 nights and found this gem to be just what we needed. It is newly renovated, clean, comfortable and has all the amenities you need in the kitchen and bathrooms. Didn't have a chance to use the water toys but next time we will! Used the BBQ grill on the front lawn to have a fantastic dinner while watching the sunset! The electronics (TV, radio, etc) were a great luxury addition but really, we just loved the sound of the ocean right off our lanai! Bed was great--not too soft and not too firm! Kim made our stay here as easy as can be in terms of paying (via Paypal) and getting the all the instructions to make check in easy. Thanks so much for a wonderful weekend!
- Guest Raydeen B.
- Date of stay 10/19/13
- Review Submitted 10/21/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children.
This condo is located in a perfect location! It makes me want to invest in one of the condos in the complex! It is not too far from any of the “hot spots” (walking distance even to the downtown area) and driving distance to any of the other locations is less than half an hour (Polynesian Cultural Center, Waimea Beach, etc.). Parking was plentiful and close to the unit. The pictures listed portray the unit exactly…just that the real thing is a trillion times better. My family and I loved the beach/turtle themed decorated condo…and the view of the beach is breathtaking. Watching the sunset/sunrise from the lanai was just a beautiful site during our stay. We saw turtles and lots of fishes snorkeling right in front of the condo! Kim made our stay feel like a second home. She provided a scrapbook of the activities around the area, history of the town, and menus of nearby restaurants – that was cool! She may have very well spoiled my first vrbo experience!
- Guest diana (bay area, ca)
- Date of stay 09/16/12
- Review Submitted 10/01/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you so much for your response Diana! I am thrilled that you enjoyed my home as much as I do! It is hard to describe the actual feeling you have when you walk through the front door and actually see and hear the ocean at such a close proximity. I am looking forward to having you stay again! We always offer a 10% discount for return customers! Take care, Kim
A lazy few days on the north shore
A lazy few days on the north shore
We had stayed earlier that week near Rocky Point, where there is some surf, even during the summer, but not much snorkling. The condo was cozy and well appointed. They provide 4-5 sets of flippers and other snorkeling gear, which was great because packing these things would have taken up a lot of luggage space. We walked into town for dinner and shave ice. Our two favorite places were the Blue Water Shrimp truck and Opal Thai. The location of the condo was awesome and the sunsets from our lanai were amazing every evening. The kids had a great time snorkeling and just playing in the super calm waters. We had several turtle sunning themselves right down the beach.
- Guest Fred (Southern California)
- Date of stay 08/21/12
- Review Submitted 09/09/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, families with young children.
Owner response: Hi Fred, Thank you for your response! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay! You hit on some of the most popular eateries and things to do on the North Shore. I hope we will see you back here next year! Take care, Kim
Staying at Haleiwa Surf
Staying at Haleiwa Surf
This is the best condo on the North Shore! You couldn't find a better location. Walking distance to most things and the beach in front has snorkeling and perfect beach to enjoy. Several of the beaches we visited this week had red flags and we couldn't get in the water. Not so in front of our own house because of the secluded cove. Hale'iwa is the Hawaii from 50 years ago and totally relaxing. The condo is perfect, well decorated, and has everything and more than you would want for your own home. We really enjoyed the beach toys and the bed (including the futon) were very comfortable. Sitting on the lanai watching the ocean is a slice of heaven. If you want a surf lesson, go to Uncle Bryan's located by the Surf-N-Sand east of the Rainbow Bridge. He had this 65 year old lady up in three tries! Haleiwa Joe's for the best Coconut breaded shrimp. Can't wait to go back. Thanks Kim for all the info you provided......I will be back again and again!
- Guest Jeri (Phoenix, AZ)
- Date of stay 04/13/12
- Review Submitted 04/27/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
A Week in Paradise
A Week in Paradise
My wife and I stayed at this condo for our honeymoon in September 2011. We could not have asked for a better stay!! The condo itself is in excellent condition and has a lot of extras that we found very helpful - fully equiped kitchen, beach chairs, snorkel gear, towels. The location of the condo is great too! We were looking for a relaxing week away and that is exactly what we got. The condo is on the north shore (in "the country" as we came to know it). It is away from the congestion of honolulu, yet is an easy drive from the airport (less than an hour). The laid back atmosphere was terrific. There are little shops and restaurants in town - walkable, but easy to park if you want to drive. The kamehameha highway runs along the coast and connects you to all of the north shore beaches and surf breaks. Sharks cove (great snorkeling), wiamea bay, sunset beach, pipeline, and turtle bay are all within a 20 minute drive. We tried to pick a beach or activity to check out every morning then spent the afternoon relaxing until sunset. And the sunsets are incredible!! The condo is on the northwest side of the island and the sunset view from the condo's balcony is perfect. The highlight of our day was enjoying the sunset with a cold drink! I was a little nervous that the pictures listed here were a little embellished, but i assure you that they are not. The beach is twenty feet from the building. There is good snorkeling right out front. We saw sea turtles up close and personal and we are far from experienced snorkelers!! Our favorite things while we were there: snorkeling at shark's cove (and in front of the condo), sunset beach, ted's bakery (get the garlic shrimp with a free slice of pie!), sunset dinner at jameson's, helicopter ride out of turtle bay (awesome!), evening drinks on the lanai. If you're looking for a relaxed vacation away from the hustle and bustle of a big city, this is your spot. We hope to return soon!!
- Guest Evan (Dewitt, MI)
- Date of stay 09/13/11
- Review Submitted 11/27/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
Ideal vacation getaway
Ideal vacation getaway
Kim, Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy your condo again this year. This makes the third time I've enjoyed your hospitality and I'm sure I'll be back again. Words just don't describe Hawaii, the North Shore or the unbelievably relaxing mood of Haleiwa. And, of course, staying at your condo makes it easy, breezy and totally unforgettable! The condo was cleaner than ever and, as always, positioned ideally to get picture perfect views of the beach and the ocean. It's really hard to beat! Thanks for all you consideration, help and thoughtfulness. I'm looking forward to my next visit. Mahalo!
- Guest Dave (Apopka, Florida, USA)
- Date of stay 10/12/11
- Review Submitted 11/15/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children.
I couldn't imagine a more perfect vacation than the 6 days my husband and I spent in this condo. Right on the beach in the little beach town of Haleiwa. We probably spent more time on the balcony than anywhere else. After staying here, I was SO glad we didn't stay in Waikiki. The North Shore is absolutely gorgeous, and this was the perfect area to stay in. Several restaurants and a small grocery market are in the area, and beaches all around. The condo has been beautifully remodeled, and is decorated so you feel like you're in Hawaii even when you're indoors. It was so clean, and Kim was always there to answer any questions I had - before and during our stay. Thank you for sharing your beautiful place with us...we will be back!
- Guest Shelly (Nashville, TN)
- Date of stay 10/01/11
- Review Submitted 11/03/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
Great place to get away and enjoy the ocean and local scenery.
Great place to get away and enjoy the ocean and local scenery.
Kim was very helpful with information on local sights and things to do. The North Shore was a wonderful place to get away and have a quite vacation. Shops were interesting and shop owners fun to talk to. Shaved ice was AWESOME. Thanks Kim! Our unit was on the 2nd floor (great for security) and was laid out well and had ample supplies for enjoying the ocean or just sitting in the sun. We only had 2 problems while there. One was roaches and ants. We know it's the tropics, but rattan on the kitchen cabinets seemed like a great breeding ground for the roaches. We asked for someone to come up and spray, but no one came. The other problem was some construction equipment ambling by in the early mornings in the backyard right behind our unit. Not the sounds you want to hear while you're trying to listen to the birds and the ocean. Overall, we had a good stay.
- Guest Sandy (Stillwater, MN (USA))
- Date of stay 05/24/11
- Review Submitted 07/27/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Hi Sandy, I am so sorry about the bug problem you experienced! I am even more embarrassed that our exterminator never showed up as promised. We try very hard to keep our units clean of tropical bugs. We just had a complete bug extermination applied to the property, so I hope this issue does not arise again. I'm not sure what the construction noise was that you were hearing, but I do apologize for that. I know that is the last thing you would want to hear in the morning. I do hope that you will consider coming to the North Shore again in the future. It is such a slice of heaven! Take care, Kim
Perfect condo & vacation !
Perfect condo & vacation !
This was my family's first vacation to Hawaii. At first, I was nervous about booking a vacation rental in a location I was not familiar with. Kim took the time to answer all my questions about the condo & location before I made my decision to book. Kim also took the time to email recommendations for grocery shopping, restaurants and activities in and around Haleiwa before we arrived (this proved to be very helpful). When we arrived at the condo; we were thrilled to see it was absolutely gorgeous. Pictures of this condo and location do not do it justice. This is a 2nd floor condo with a picture perfect view of the ocean (approximately 50 ft in front of you). Among the MANY amenities in the condo are; full kitchen, boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, reef shoes, beach mats & chairs and beach towels. The condo is beautifully decorated with a tropical feel and very clean and comfortable. My 7-yr son was thrilled to swim and snorkel in the ocean right in front of the condo. He was able to see many fish and was thrilled to see a green Sea Turtle come up onto the beach for an afternoon nap. We will be booking another vacation here as soon as we can!
- Guest Becky (Tualatin, Oregon)
- Date of stay 05/14/11
- Review Submitted 05/23/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
A slice of Heaven
A slice of Heaven
My husband and I have been coming to HI for 30 years. We have stayed at many locations throughout the years and our favorite spot is this condo in Haleiwa. We haved stayed here for the last 5 years. The location is perfect, beachfront, fantastic view, walking distance from town. The condo is very comfortable and charming, with everything you need for fun, relaxing and cooking. We will continue to come to this place for as long as it is available and we are able. Our kids come here too. Two of our sons became engaged while staying here. Terry and Mike
- Guest Terry (Manitou Springs CO)
- Date of stay 01/24/11
- Review Submitted 01/27/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $155 Nightly
Oct 1 - Feb 29
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $165 Nightly
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We are best friends who met teaching elementary school in Southern California. Both single moms, we dreamed of venturing out and buying some investment property on our own. Heddy and I made a few trips to Hawaii with our kids and fell in love with the North Shore. Heddy's boyfriend ended up moving to the North Shore and Heddy soon followed. She called me on the phone one day and said, 'I found the perfect place, and we're buying it!' 2 months later, this beautiful and unique condo was ours!
Why the Owner Chose Haleiwa:
We absolutely LOVE this location! I have never been to a more beautiful spot than the North Shore! This location is so quiet and peaceful. The tourists are few and far between. Haleiwa is a quaint little town with great restaurants, shopping, and many water activities! There are dozens of sea turtles to be seen daily. The water is warm, clean, and exhilarating! When my husband and I travel here, we rarely leave Haleiwa Surf, unless we leave in the water on stand-up paddle boards. We sit on the lanai, drink Mai Tai's, and BBQ fresh fish right out on the sand. This is PARADISE!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Haleiwa Joe's is a very short 7 minute walk from our condo. They have great food and great Mai Tai's! Surf'N'Sea is just beyond Haleiwa Joe's where kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, surfboards, and various other water toys can be rented. At sunset, the sea turtles come to rest just 50 yards from our unit. They are stunning!
- Primary: (949) 394-7760 (California, USA) Please Email first/VRBO calendar is NOT active
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This is the amazing view from your own private lanai!
Private master bedroom
View from living room
Give kite surfing a try! Also minutes from the condo!
We took this photo of a Tiger Shark while we were in the shark cage!
We are always mesmerized by these beautiful creatures!
Ali'i Beach, walking distance, and the first leg of the Triple Crown
Best Mai Tai's in town!
We never tire of wine on the beach!
View of living area from lanai
View from kitchen
Take a glider ride! Just minutes from the condo!
Monk Seal sunbathing on our beach
Ali'i Beach, 5 minute walk from the condo
Haleiwa Harbor is walking distance
Turtles sleeping on the beach, right next door to our condo!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 15, 2013
1 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
(949) 394-7760 (California, USA)
Please Email first/VRBO calendar is NOT active
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.