Luxury 4 Star African Accommodation Bordering Kruger National Park- Khaya Umdani - Khaya Romantica
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Kruger National Park villa description
Khaya Umdani Kruger is a 4 star graded lodge within Marloth Park Conservancy bordering Kruger National Park.
The lodge can accommodate up to 10 guests in 5 beautiful appointed en suite bedrooms, each individually air conditioned. One of these rooms are a luxury honeymoon suite, with a lounge area and spa bath overlooking the bush and animals.
Khaya Umdani is always rented out as a unit, so if you are just two people or 10, you get the lodge for your own private use.
There are a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, TV lounge with DSTV, outside veranda overlooking the swimming pool and your own water hole for the animals. Animals roam free and frequent visits from warthog, giraffe, zebra, impala, blue wildebeest etc. are common.
An outside fire place (lapa), 4 burner cadac gas braai and weber are available if you prefer outside cooking.
The lodge is serviced daily, good quality linen, towels and swimming towels are provided for.
Destinations and activities: Khaya Umdani is within reach of Maputo. The distance from here to the Mozambique border is about 20km and from there to Maputo, with its splendid tropical beaches and fabulous seafood restaurants, it is a mere 70kilometers.
It is also just 60 kilometers from the Swaziland border. The Swazi kingdom offer a true African ambiance with western tourist facilities.
Golf courses in the area includes the world class Leopard Creek and about 3 more.
The distance by road from Johannesburg is about 400kilometers and it takes 40 minutes by air. Daily flights between Kruger International and Johannesburg are available from SAA.
Kruger Activities :: ACTIVITIES :
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK – Half day Safaris (6 hours)
- 0n our open Game Drive vehicles
- Experienced qualified Guide
- Includes all Entrance Fees + Breakfast R700-00 pp
KRUGER NATIONAL PARK – Full day Safaris (12 hours)
- On our open Game Drive Vehicles
- Experienced qualified Guides
- Includes all Entrance Fees + Breakfast R950-00 pp
KRUGER NIGHT DRIVES – (3 hours)
- In the Kruger with Kruger Park Guides
- Includes all Entrance Fees R650-00 pp
KRUGER MORNING WALKS – (3 to 4 hours)
- With armed Kruger Park Guides
- Includes all Entrance Fees + Snacks R520-00 pp
Other activities available :
Elephant Back Safari
Maputo Day Trips
Swazi Cultural Experi
Speciality Activity: This is one of our most popular activities :
NIGHT DRIVE IN KRUGER WITH A BUSH BRAAI
*Pick up at Khaya Umdani around 16h15
*Leave for Malelane Gate or Crocodile Bridge Gate
*Pick up at Malelane Gate in open game driving vehicle 17h00
*1 hour game drive in Kruger
*Arrive at picnic site inside Kruger - no fences
*Boma atmosphere with armed guides keeping a watchful eye
*Buffet style braai under the stars
*Drop off at lodge between 21h00 - 22h00
*A cash bar is available or you are welcome to take your own drinks
R650 per person for an unforgettable night in the African wilderness
Highly Recommended !
Khaya Romantica: Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga (Eastern Transvaal) Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 98706ha
Khaya Romantica has 3 huge en suite bedrooms with king size or 2 single beds. You decide what is the most comfortable option for your needs. The bathrooms each have a shower, bath, toilet and basin. 2 of the rooms are air conditioned for your comfort, the other one has a fan. A fully equipped kitchen and dining room/lounge area opens on to the veranda with beautiful views over the much enjoyed swimming pool. Especially during the hot African summers. A TV lounge with DSTV and DVD player are also available. This opens up to the lovely balcony upstairs with awesome views over the bush and Kruger in the distance. Two sleeper coaches are available for outdoor sleeping on the balcony for the more adventures. A lapa with it's own toilet and shower for making fire and preparing food outside is the perfect setting to appreciate the call of the hyena and the roar of the lions in the evening. Good quality linen and towels are provided for. The lodge is serviced daily.
- 240 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Smoking Allowed
- Low Allergen Environment
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- All 3 the bedrooms are en suite (full bathroom with bath, shower, toilet and basin) 2 of them are air conditioned All of them have king size beds, but you can order 2 twin beds per room as well. All linen are white percale and towels are 100 % cotton 2 bedrooms are down stairs and one bedroom is up stairs...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Khaya Romantica is set within Marloth Park Conservancy bordering Kruger National Park. Here animals still roam free amongst the houses and there are no fences. Just 15km to Crocodile Bridge Gate and 25km from Malelane Gate, makes this the perfect setting from where to explore Kruger, Mozambique and Swaziland from. Mpumalanga/Kruger International Airport is only 90km away. The beautiful beaches of Maputo are also within 100km's drive from the Khaya. The weather all year round is very nice and it can get very hot in the summer months. (November - March) This is a summer rainfall area. Winters are dry with temperatures between 17 and 25 degrees Celsius....moreless
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Audio Tape Player
- Games For Kids
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
sports and adventure activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Parking Off Street
- Activities Guide
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Filtered Water
- Toilet Paper
- Thermos Bottle
- Local Activities Guide
- Paper Towels
- Wireless Internet
- Basic Soaps
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Water Cooler
- Security System
- Mosquito Magnet
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Housekeeper Included
- Cooking Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Large Cooler
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Small Cooler
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please take note that this is just an indication of the rate per day and is based on 6 guest.
The minimum rate for the lodge per day = R2000.
Please take note that the rates include :
*All linen, towels and amenities on arrival
*Coffee, tea, sugar and spices
*Basic stuff like toilet paper, dish washing liquid, kitchen towels, etc
*Ice on arrival and mineral water on tap
*Firewood for the braai
A 50 % deposit is needed to secure the booking. The remainder is due 14 days before the arrival date.
You can either pay by doing a bank transfer or by credit card. We make use of a secure system called Nightsbridge for all credit card payments. Please take note a 4.5 % credit card fee is applicable.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Kruger Mpumalanga international airport at 90 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: N4 at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Maputo at 90 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Die Watergat at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: World famous Leopard Creek Golf Course at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Phumula Restaurant at 3 Kilometres
- Primary: +27 (0)224 823302
- Secondary: +27 (0)845 655916
- Fax: +27 (0)866 753100
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Khaya Romantica's Swimming pool
Dining room overlooking veranda
One of the luxury rooms
Make yourselves at home - everybody does
Braai area and swimming pool
Lions in Kruger
The 'braai' (barbeque) area.
Bushveld living at its best
Preparing food on the open fire
Private water hole for animals
One of the 3 en suite bedrooms at Khaya Romantica
All bedrooms are en suite with modern bathrooms
The Lion's den with spa bath overlooking the bush
One of the bathrooms
Zebra on the veranda
This is about 20 meters from the veranda
Best spot for sundowners
Giraffe at the waterhole
Game drive in Kruger with your own guide
Zebras entertaining guests
Zebras visiting Khaya Umdani
Khaya Romantica's fully equipped kitchen
Kudus visiting Khaya Romantica
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.