Modern, Secluded with Magnificent View
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Borgarnes house description
We are offering our modern 150 sqm. house, our second home, which we designed and built in 2010. The house is secluded, located by the seaside and has spectacular views and scenery on all sides. The surroundings are very quiet and peaceful and create a private haven for its visitors.
- 45 km (45 min drive) from the KEF airport.
- 43 km (40 min drive) to downtown Reykjavik.
The house has a bright, open living area with large windows overlooking the spectacular ocean scenery over to the mountains across the fjord.
- Three bedrooms, sleeps 6 (double bed, double sofabed,
single bed, and a mattress for a child).
- Walk-in closet.
- One bathroom with a shower.
- Large porch for outdoor enjoyment and an outdoor shower. - - -
- Fully equipped kitchen
- A washer
- Flat screen
- High-speed wifi
Our home is located 50m from the beach and the birdlife is varied and unique. Eagles live in the area and are seen occasionally as they rest on a small island just off the shore. Seals are also frequent visitors. Wild berries in august. Northern lights, moonlight and stars in all their glory during the wintertime.
We believe our house is excellent to enjoy the icelandic nature and scenery e.g.
- The fjord itself, Hvalfjörður
- Glymur waterfall, the highest waterfall in Iceland
- Esjan, the most popular hiking area around the capital
- The golden circle; Þingvellir, Gullfoss, Geysir
- Snæfellsnes peninsula and the its national park
All in all a peaceful and secluded place to stay all year around and an ideal workplace for artists and authors. We are looking forward to welcome you to our house, your home-away-from-home.
- 1 story
- 150 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Low Allergen Environment
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Horseback Riding
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Water View
- Beach View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
sports and adventure activities
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Fly Fishing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Toilet Paper
- Laundry Soap
- Wireless Internet
- Basic Soaps
- Living Room
- Sofa Bed
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Linen Rental Possible
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- 4 Ring Stove
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Lawn / Garden
- Walkway To Water
- Outdoor Furniture
- Deck / Patio
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Dec 1, 2014
3 night min stay
Extra Nights: €175
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (€) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Fees and Taxes:
- Cleaning €70
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Keflavik airport at 90 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Þjóðvegur 1 at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: 40 meters from the house at 40 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Kaffi Kjós (5km) and Hótel Glymur (20km) at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Skálafell and Bláfjöll at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Reykjavík, Grafarholt at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Kaffi Kjós (5km) and Hótel Glymur (20km) at 5 Kilometres
About the owner: We are Kristín, a teacher, Magnús, tv-cameramand and our 14 years old daughter, Jana Katrín. We live in Kjós, Iceland. We like art, films, music, travelling and outdoor activity. We are neat and quiet and value comfort and silence. By rented out the house we get the chance to meet people from all over and we love to provide a good service to our visitors.
- Primary: +354 6949556
- Secondary: +354 6973398
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Official licence for accommodation
View from the living room
3 Bedroom / 0 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.