VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We are a family of four with kids age 9 and 6 and love the mountains. We were looking for a "home base" for our week-long stay in the Canadian Rockies and found Kickinghaus through a German partner site of VRBO (fewo-direkt.de).
The chalet was exactly as we had imagined - lots of space for the kids to spread out and have their private space. Well furnished kitchen, great bath, clean, and a lot of little things that contributed to a positive experience. You can definitely tell that the owners are keeping up the place for their own use, rather than just renting it out at an investment.
The owner was very responsive answering some questions we had during our stay.
We did some nice things around the area - took the gondola/chair lift at Kicking Horse resort for a visit with Boo, the grizzly bear and some hiking etc.- and also explored the area National Parks - Yoho with Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls, Jasper with Icefields Parkway, Lake Louise etc.
Guest: Petzold FamilyDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: August 25, 2014
- fairly simple and the owners provided great directions/instructions on how to find the property.
- clean, nicely decorated, comfortable beds and fans to help on hot evenings. Excellent size- accommodated 9 adults comfortably, the yard was great for frisbee, bocce ball, water balloons and volleyball.
- kitchen was fully stocked with every utensil and serving dish one would need. They even had some extra spices in case you forgot yours.
- bbq was great, the hot tub wasn't used too much as it was 35C most days but it was nice when the temp was lowered. Nice patio set for outside dining and great reclining chairs to enjoy the evening sunsets.
- friendly and knowledgable of what is available for activities yet he leaves you to yourself so you don't really know he is even there.
Only negatives (if you really want to be picky)
- fire ban due to dry hot weather (out of their control and I prefer the dry hot weather)
- wifi cut out a few times (but we had numerous devices connected)
- mosquitos were pretty bad in the evening or when you were near the trees. (Out of their control unless they try to spray/fog the outer perimeter...)
- not a pet friendly property (didn't bother me but it did mean that some people were not able to come because of their dogs)"
Guest: Richard L.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 20, 2015
"We really enjoyed our stay in this condo in Golden. The kitchen was just perfect, and we loved to cook on the BBQ and have diner outdoor. The beds were also perfect, after a great day outdoor! We would love to stay there again if we get to return to Golden!"
Guest: Emilie G.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 15, 2015