VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"I love Neil's Harbour and most certainly will return to stay at this cottage. Jackie and Greg are the most hospitable hosts, with great recommendations on sightseeing, dining, music and more. The cottage is spotless and super comfortable, and a short walk to the harbour and the sweet little ice cream shop that is set up in the old lighthouse. Most important, the house has a nice view of the water, even in the dense Cape Breton fog."
Guest: Anne S.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 18, 2015
"This house was great for our family of four adults. We were impressed with the well equipped kitchen and welcoming touches like fresh flowers and chocolates. We would rent here again.
- Very well equipped, nicely appointed and clean home
- Stocked with basics like paper goods, starter coffee, hand soap, basic spices, aluminum foil and plastic storage bags
- Good quality towels and nice smelling linens
- Comfy beds
- Nice outdoor spaces, including great front deck and a back patio
- Beautiful summer flowers
- Nice cove view
- Compact bedrooms -- each has a slanting roofline so tall people beware
- All bedrooms upstairs so need to be able to walk up one flight of stairs
- Small but efficient bathrooms
- If all the windows are open, there is road noise
- Owner does not take credit cards except through PayPal
- There is no AC to control humidity (probably a rare occurrence but we had high temps and fog for five days)
- Could use more than one fan for upstairs on hot, humid nights"
Guest: Nicole W.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 28, 2015
"Our party of 6 enjoyed a wonderful week at Sunrise at Sol Point. The views so amazing. The home sits on the edge of the water and provides a 270 degree panorama of the water and rocky coast. The home is comfortable and the open living area provides the great seating for converation and relaxation Our group enjoyed the easy drives to Halifax, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg. These were great day trips which included tours and a sunset cruise in Lunenburg. Peggy's Cove is less than ten minutes from the home. Pictures simply are not adequate . The home and surroundings are 5 star.
The caretakers Lawrence and Frieda live nearby and were most hospitable and attentive."
Guest: George B. Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 25, 2015