VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"From the minute our son found Sunrise on VRBO we knew this was where we going to take our family of 17 on our family vacation. From the very beginning communication with Kevin to book the villa was smooth and easy. Chris the onsite manager called and spoke to me prior to our arrival to make sure that our logistics were take care of. We opted for the VIP service at the Puerto Plata airport and he made sure it happened. I would recommend this service especially if you are traveling with a large group, it was worth every penny!!
Sunrise is the most amazing villa we have ever visited! Nothing disappointed, the views, the amenities, the food, were incredible. But, what makes Sunrise Villa the best is the staff, they are awesome, can't say enough good things about them.
The welcome we received upon arriving at the villa made us feel like we were family. Chris came by every morning to see if there was anything we needed or if he could do anything for us. Every little thing we wanted or needed, and there weren't many he took care of. He arranged all of our off site outings from our trip to Lake Dudu to deep sea fishing, horseback riding and snorkeling. He even gave us a guided tour of the Cabrera and waited while we bought some souvenirs. When our granddaughter started having ear pain he had the doctor come to the villa to see her, he even went to the pharmacy to get her prescription.
The food is AMAZING, never a disappointing meal. Our grandchildren were always the first ones at the buffet when the bell rang. Frank, the chef will prepare whatever you want, he had chicken nuggets/strips and mac & cheese at every lunch and dinner for the little ones if they wanted it. Ramon, the bartender was greeted every afternoon with a resounding Hola. His drinks were fabulous, I think we had every kind of rum drink you can imagine. He has the best personality and loves to have fun. Our grandson blew the horn every afternoon to announce "Happy Hour" which never disappointed. The spread ranged from guacamole to chicken wings, smoked salmon, salsa and oh so much more. Sandy and her staff kept the villa sparkling from our rooms to our laundry. Everyone was accommodating, they will do whatever they can for you.
The beach/party bonfire was absolutely fantastic! We had a mariachi band and learned how to do the merengue it was a great time with the staff. Being at Sunrise Villa is an absolutely incredible experience!!"
Guest: SharonDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 20, 2015
"We arrived to find the colorful establishment tucked behind a children’s school and a lush palm grove. Maximo, the innkeeper, greeted us graciously and maintained the same positive and helpful attitude throughout our stay. There were many sleeping rooms to choose from, three in the downstairs main house (one includes its own bathroom, the other two share a bathroom,) the luxurious master bedroom/spa bathroom upstairs offers a large and private sundeck, and then of course there is the smaller private cabana perched right on the ocean’s edge. The downstairs living room couch boast an elaborate train of pillows as well as a nice sound system and TV with ample stations. The Sea Dog is appropriately decorated with kitchy pirate and island themed flags, banners, and posters. The colors of the Sea Dog (seafoam green, salmon, and light yellow) compliment the surrounding flowers and the nearby ocean water. This brings me to the highlight of this fine Inn…. THE INFINITY POOL OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN! You can gradually walk into the warm pool like entering the sea and float around for hours or read a book under the man-made waterfall. When my young cousins arrived they were ecstatic over “la piscina” and spent all day splashing and playing on the multitude of pool floats. In my times out of the water I would lounge on one of the multiple lawn chairs or the sitting hammock. On my first day Maximo even cut me down a coconut and stuck a straw in it, the fresh coconut milk/water was delicious. The pool and patio not only offer a breathtaking view of the ocean and surrounding cliffs… there is a staircase down to your own private beach. It is a small rocky beach, and it is all yours, sometimes you can see boats, cruise ships, or lobster hunters out in the distance but no one comes ashore. Just a short drive from the Sea Dog are many local hotspots such as Playa Grande (the most stunning beach!,) a great tiki pizza place (2 for 1 on Wednesdays,) La Hotel Catalina (has a divine restaurant,) Manny’s (excellent bar and restaurant) and Lagoon Gri Gri (where you can take a boat ride through caves to a local beach.) At the Sea Dog there is a grill and a full kitchen, so you can also choose to eat every meal at home if you are not in the mood to explore or spend more money. The Sea Dog is a beautiful and affordable paradise in a gorgeous location, perfect for families or a zen getaway."
Guest: RebLLArtDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: May 19, 2015
"I was there recently for a dear friend's birthday. I'm a relatively sophisticated traveler, but this experience was truly exceptional! The
estate is luxurious , the views are idyllic and the level of attention from Gabriel, Melvin, Art and Manager Peggy made me feel like royalty. The meals were outstanding (one of the few vacations where I've lost weight). There is as much or as little activity as you desire. The locale is quite scenic--one long photo op. Just glorious."
Guest: SPDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 6, 2015
"My fiancé and I stayed for 1 month (May 2015) at Cabot TIKI! From start to finish it was amazing! Driving up to Cabot Tiki was absolutely breath taking...
1. Safety- there was always a guard or staff there 24/7 (but plenty of privacy as well) not that you really need a guard due to I felt more safe walking around Cabrera (local town) than I did walking around San Francisco in certain areas.
2. The staff! Our laundry was done every day besides Sunday by the house maid Mildred, who was lovely and oh so polite. She even brought us fresh mangos from her property when Cabot Tiki's property ran out. Dominga the house chef was an great chef! We even taught her how to make banana bread (banana's right from the property). The day/night guards were so sweet, I would usually bring them a few cold beers at night and snacks and in return they always brought us fresh coconuts right from the property
3. Location- If you really want to check out of society this is the place. You are in the country side of the DR. Beautiful and only a 10 minute drive to Playe Grande Beach
4. Views! From every room/villa there are amazing views plus the sound of the waves crashing below. This property literally made you feel like you were on your own private island.
5. Many many more pros! But I’ll let you figure them out when you book this Tiki.
1. Rental Car- We rented an intermediate level car which saved us money and got us from A to B but I would definitely recommended renting a SUV.
2. Wifi- wifi works best when you are in the main villa although I did have trouble using Skype for work. The wifi connection is very low in guest villa and master villa but if you are coming here just for the wifi then this is not the place for you
3. Grocery Shopping- The owner of the property advises to stop at the grocery stores after you leave the airport. These are the bigger super markets that you won’t find in the near town of Cabrera. (over a 2 hour journey there and back)
4. Brush up on your spanish! All the staff speaks very little english and we speak very little to no spanish but we managed just fine for a month. We are now experts at “charades."
Overall, I would give the Cabot Tiki 5 stars. It is ran more like a resort hotel than a private home. You truly are treated like royalty and we thank the owners of the house for training their staff very well."
Guest: Chelsie R.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: July 29, 2015