VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"It was my first trip to Dominican Republic and Los Altos in Casa de Campo. I stayed at this villa with a good female friend. We are both very active and decided to rent a car and visit Santo Domingo, Fun Fun Cave in Hato Major and Catalina Island for snorkeling.
Casa de Campo is truly a golfer's paradise, and since neither one of us play golf, we signed up for excursions outside the resort. Getting to these excursions was a bit challenging and took a lot of time. The resort beach is somewhat disappointing if you were looking for a true, beach vacation.
Otherwise, the villa was lovely, Bob, the owner's attention to detail was second to none, and he made certain that we were well taken care of. We were first concerned about Dominga, the housekeeper, being at the villa every day. However, she was a wonderful asset and took care of us extremely well.
I highly recommend this property especially if you are an avid golfer."
Guest: MikiDate of Stay: November 2014Review Submitted: November 20, 2014
"We had a great time and were lucky enough to stay for 3 weeks at this condo. We spent most of our time kiting right in front of the condo and lounging around the pool. The gardens are gorgeous and the views from the condo are spectacular. It had everything we needed for cooking and cocktails and we spent a lot of time relaxing on the front balcony. We loved it! We will be back for sure."
Guest: Heather L.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: August 10, 2015
"My fiancé and I stayed for 1 month (May 2015) at Cabot TIKI! From start to finish it was amazing! Driving up to Cabot Tiki was absolutely breath taking...
1. Safety- there was always a guard or staff there 24/7 (but plenty of privacy as well) not that you really need a guard due to I felt more safe walking around Cabrera (local town) than I did walking around San Francisco in certain areas.
2. The staff! Our laundry was done every day besides Sunday by the house maid Mildred, who was lovely and oh so polite. She even brought us fresh mangos from her property when Cabot Tiki's property ran out. Dominga the house chef was an great chef! We even taught her how to make banana bread (banana's right from the property). The day/night guards were so sweet, I would usually bring them a few cold beers at night and snacks and in return they always brought us fresh coconuts right from the property
3. Location- If you really want to check out of society this is the place. You are in the country side of the DR. Beautiful and only a 10 minute drive to Playe Grande Beach
4. Views! From every room/villa there are amazing views plus the sound of the waves crashing below. This property literally made you feel like you were on your own private island.
5. Many many more pros! But I’ll let you figure them out when you book this Tiki.
1. Rental Car- We rented an intermediate level car which saved us money and got us from A to B but I would definitely recommended renting a SUV.
2. Wifi- wifi works best when you are in the main villa although I did have trouble using Skype for work. The wifi connection is very low in guest villa and master villa but if you are coming here just for the wifi then this is not the place for you
3. Grocery Shopping- The owner of the property advises to stop at the grocery stores after you leave the airport. These are the bigger super markets that you won’t find in the near town of Cabrera. (over a 2 hour journey there and back)
4. Brush up on your spanish! All the staff speaks very little english and we speak very little to no spanish but we managed just fine for a month. We are now experts at “charades."
Overall, I would give the Cabot Tiki 5 stars. It is ran more like a resort hotel than a private home. You truly are treated like royalty and we thank the owners of the house for training their staff very well."
Guest: Chelsie R.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: July 29, 2015
"I have stayed in Casa Dorado many times, and it never disappoints. The house is gorgeous, situated in a quiet location with easy access (short walking distance) to the center of town and La Playita. Cathereine, the owner, gives excellent recommendations for things to do and see in the area--she is a wonderful host! The house has many cozy places to hang out and relax after a long day at the beach, and includes a well-equipped kitchen to cook with a group or sample the amazing food that can be served by the staff. Highly recommended!"
Guest: MollyDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 12, 2015