VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Jamaica reviews
Wild Grape Villa and Staff were amazing!
"My husband and I travelled to Negril in January 2015. We stayed at the Wild Grape Villa, one of the three properties at Sea Grape Villas. I have nothing but excellent comments about this location.
(1) prior to our trip, Marc (the owner of the property) was excellent in responding to all of my(many) questions. Ask him anything!
(2) Our flight from Toronto to Montego Bay was significantly delayed. It was easy to contact Marc to let him know, so that he could advise the driver who picked us up at the airport. Donovan, the driver, was there waiting for us when we finally arrived. He was an excellent host and gave us useful information about the island during our ride. I left my passport in his vehicle, but didn't notice it was missing until our 2nd day. The staff at Sea Grape called Donovan to confirm that he was holding onto it for me until he drove us back to the airport at the end of our stay. I felt confident that it was in good hands.
(2) Juicy (the cook) - Juicy is a sweet and wonderful man. He brought us delicious Jamaican coffee and toast with Jam each morning. Juicy also cooked two dinners for us. You MUST try the fish in ginger sauce. YUMMMM. Juicy also provided us with snorkelling gear so we could explore the ocean in our backyard! you MUST do this.
(3) Christine (housekeeping) is a beautiful person inside and out. She made the place feel fresh each day. We talked about my braids and had a laugh.
(4) Bentley (grounds-keeper) is very sweet. He would set up our lounge chairs each morning near the ocean, and bring them in at night. He always said hello and made you feel safe, knowing that he was watching the grounds.
(5) The grounds of Sea Grape Villas is very lush, and private. The moment you enter the sea grapes gate, you are set apart from the busy streets of Negril.
(6) There are mosquitos (at night), so be sure to bring OFF with a strong deet percentage.
(7) My husband and I were looking for a private and romantic vacation - Wild Grape Villa was perfect. We even went skinny dipping in the ocean during our last two days. Very private. I think the staff could sense our need for privacy as well, as they were in and out quickly, respecting our alone time.
(8) My husband, who was not an island vacationer (he prefers big cities) was very impressed with our villa. I think he's converted to the island way of life. :) we will definitely be back.
Thank you Marc!"
Guest: Jennifer H.Date of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 20, 2015
"If you want to experience Jamaica without the resort crowd this is a wonderful option. If you are a semi-reasonable human being you will absolutely LOVE your stay here. There is EXCELLENT snorkeling/swimming 30 steps in front of the cottage as well as paddle boarding and kayaking and they provide the equipment which just comes with the property. The cottage itself is fabulous. Unbelievable views from your bed....I just can't recommend this place highly enough. Please feed the sweet cat that lives on the property and provide her with fresh drinking water while you stay here...she's my bud. Also consider bringing insect repellent."
Guest: DagsDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 19, 2015
"My husband and I spent 10 days at the villa and it was a fabulous vacation! We had the best housekeeper and cook, Honey, who was so gracious and helpful! Honey made our meals, which were absolutely delicious and she assisted us with plans for adventures. We rented our own car and had a wonderful time exploring at our leisure. It was our pleasure to meet Kathie and Doug and to get to know them alittle during our stay. We would highly recommend this villa for your next vacation!"
Guest: allen k.Date of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 10, 2015
"We had our second wonderful week at Great River House in April. We wondered if it would live up to the exceptionally high standard of two years ago and it most certainly did!! Once again, we were a party of four adults and five children and the house accommodated us easily. The open living spaces and terrace, and large bedrooms and bathrooms, enable everyone to truly relax. Kirk, the new butler was incredibly attentive, polite, helpful and friendly. He recommended some wonderful day trips and organized these for us. Carlington's cooking was delicious once again and he managed to produce amazing meals for both the adults and children in our party. The housekeepers and laundress kept the house immaculate and the beautiful grounds were extremely well cared for. I really cannot find anything to fault at Great River House and would not hesitate to return for a third time! I cannot recommend this house highly enough!"
Guest: CT VisitorsDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: May 4, 2015