VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Four couples stayed at the Channel House for one week in January. We all had a wonderful time. The house suited all of us perfectly. We had the ocean, the pool, the kayak, a well appointed kitchen, many seating areas and tables, a large deck overlooking the ocean.
We enjoyed privacy but we were also close to the Grace Bay tourist area.
Wish we could have stayed longer in such beautiful surroundings."
Guest: ElizabethDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 19, 2015
"Love this home! We travel to a lot of islands and Turks & Caicos is our favorite and this house is fantastic! Very private and also close to all the action. Huge private property and a classic old Caribbean house. Clean and well maintained and right on the beach. Long Bay beach is really beautiful and private. We saw only a few people a day and this was high season. Definitely recommend this home and would like to visit again. Thanks!"
Guest: Dave F.Date of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 28, 2015
"Our family 2 adults and 2 children loved the villa and pool. The amenities are as described in other reviews and on the website. You have everything you need; the maintenance manager Julian got us started with beer, water and fruit and explained us all you need to know about the island and the villa.
We do recommend getting a rental car for this location (I can recommend Caicos Wheels), because with all respect it takes you 15+ minutes walking to the beach (closest public access) and the bikes are better suited for adults. Same goes for the distance to the supermarket. If you don't want a car, you have to rely on the bikes (bring a lock) for doing groceries or going to the beach. If you want to snorkel at the closest reef, you would need to be prepared to walk 3 miles one way (this is what my iphone measured, because we walked it). The other downside of no car, would be being limited to Grace Beach only. We found all the other beaches more appealing (basically no people).
The Wi Fi was excellent.
Overall, great value for what the villas offer."
Guest: Uwe KDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: July 28, 2015
Fantastic private location with all the amenities we could ask for!
"We stayed here for a week last week. Two couples, with one 10 year old. The private beach location was perfect for us. Grace Bay might be larger, but even in the off-season we prefer to avoid the crowds and commercialism of the more touristy parts of Provo. You simply cannot beat the panoramic view of the gorgeous ocean just steps from the patio with absolutely no-one in sight!!
Since most of the other reviews are spot on, here are some things that we were pleasantly surprised with ...
- Each bedroom does have a large walk-in shower attached. This was not clear from the descriptions, but nice to have at the end of a "weathered" day out.
- The Weber grill by the pool is small, but works well and we managed to get it plenty hot enough to sear some serious steaks for dinner!
- The outside decking is fantastic!!! It runs through several areas with separate sitting and lounging locations and also wraps 360 degrees around the house.
- The pool is much large than it seems in the photos. I found a small tape measure and would say it's 35 feet long and about half that wide. It's also nice and deep (5-7 feet). Pool cleaners came everyday we were there.
- The living room has a good selection of books and games (although some may have pieces missing!). It made for a lot of fun evenings after the sun had gone down. Bring your own DVD's though - the only non-empty box was for Homeland season 3! (Seriously, who goes here to watch TV though!!)
- The Kayaks really were fun and there were life-jackets and paddles for all of us. There were also a few beach and pool toys that the 10 year old enjoyed playing with.
- For July (with highs around 90f) the house was pretty cool. One couple needed the AC in the bedroom at night, the other was ok. If you open all the shutters there is a great breeze throughout the whole place.
- The house is not what we consider "luxurious" but it is really well maintained. You will find a few rough edges here and there, and if you're expecting granite and stainless steel you will be disappointed, but in general, everything worked well and we had little to complain about.
- There is a wet bar with a working fridge by the pool (along with a really nice "outhouse" and shower). We had bought lots of cold drinks which filled up the fridge, but again were pleasantly surprised by the bonus fridge.
We've stayed on Provo 4 times now at various places, and this by far is our favorite place of all!!!!"
Guest: Adrian W.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 12, 2015