VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Turks & Caicos Islands reviews
Fantastic private location with all the amenities we could ask for!
"We stayed here for a week last week. Two couples, with one 10 year old. The private beach location was perfect for us. Grace Bay might be larger, but even in the off-season we prefer to avoid the crowds and commercialism of the more touristy parts of Provo. You simply cannot beat the panoramic view of the gorgeous ocean just steps from the patio with absolutely no-one in sight!!
Since most of the other reviews are spot on, here are some things that we were pleasantly surprised with ...
- Each bedroom does have a large walk-in shower attached. This was not clear from the descriptions, but nice to have at the end of a "weathered" day out.
- The Weber grill by the pool is small, but works well and we managed to get it plenty hot enough to sear some serious steaks for dinner!
- The outside decking is fantastic!!! It runs through several areas with separate sitting and lounging locations and also wraps 360 degrees around the house.
- The pool is much large than it seems in the photos. I found a small tape measure and would say it's 35 feet long and about half that wide. It's also nice and deep (5-7 feet). Pool cleaners came everyday we were there.
- The living room has a good selection of books and games (although some may have pieces missing!). It made for a lot of fun evenings after the sun had gone down. Bring your own DVD's though - the only non-empty box was for Homeland season 3! (Seriously, who goes here to watch TV though!!)
- The Kayaks really were fun and there were life-jackets and paddles for all of us. There were also a few beach and pool toys that the 10 year old enjoyed playing with.
- For July (with highs around 90f) the house was pretty cool. One couple needed the AC in the bedroom at night, the other was ok. If you open all the shutters there is a great breeze throughout the whole place.
- The house is not what we consider "luxurious" but it is really well maintained. You will find a few rough edges here and there, and if you're expecting granite and stainless steel you will be disappointed, but in general, everything worked well and we had little to complain about.
- There is a wet bar with a working fridge by the pool (along with a really nice "outhouse" and shower). We had bought lots of cold drinks which filled up the fridge, but again were pleasantly surprised by the bonus fridge.
We've stayed on Provo 4 times now at various places, and this by far is our favorite place of all!!!!"
Guest: Adrian W.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 12, 2015
"I travelled with my girlfriend, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and 2 friends from Kingston, Gananoque and Belleville to this beautiful house. This was my first visit to the Island and I loved every minute of it beginning with the Etoile De mer and what it had to offer. The pictures are nice, but to see it with your own eyes is another thing. The house has everything you would need on a vacation and then some. It's in a safe, friendly area, and close to groceries, beer, ice etc. It's steps away from Taylor Bay which is the nicest beach I have relaxed on ever! The sunsets at nights are a must to witness on this beach, the views are amazing. The master bedroom in this place has a balcony you can sit on at night and watch it from there. I could go on and on about this place, if you are considering renting the Etoile De Mer I highly reccommend it, you will not be disappointed.
Can't wait to visit again, thank you very much for the great memories!
Guest: JasonDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 13, 2015
"This is a beautiful unit right in front of the pool and steps to the beach. The temperatures were so perfect that we never even used the A/C, just opened up the expansive sliding doors in the front of the unit and turned the fans on (just don't forget to close them at night or you may get some mosquitos)! We cooked in several times and the unit is well equipped. You can get fresh fish downtown near the rotary - just look for the cooler and the red truck on the side of the road.
Matthew and the rest of the staff were great and helped us with arranging snorkel trips and even ordering Pizza for our kids one night so we could go out and have a nice dinner by ourselves one night.
Recommend visiting Taylor Bay and if you really want to get off the beaten path try Malcombs beach (though mostly a two track to get there). Anywhere you go here is worth the visit. The fish fry on Thursday is fun and Da Conch Shack on Wednesday night is one big party with the locals!"
Guest: Bob Z.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015
"We had 2 families (8 people in total) visiting. What a great place!!! The Suite is very clean, spacious and comfortable. Lots of outdoor seating and steps from Grace Bay! The pool was steps away as well. We enjoyed every minute. I would go back tomorrow. A couple small issues that were addressed immediately. We do wish the Master Bedroom had a ceiling fan - but that is the only small complaint we had. We had 4 kids with us and they were completely happy and entertained. Nicola and staff are very helpful and responsive. The best vacation we have ever had!!!!"
Guest: Denise H.Date of Stay: October 2014Review Submitted: November 10, 2014