VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"All the previous reviews are bang on, you wont be disappointed. The grounds and house have everything you need. Kate and Will have thought of everything and every comfort is available. The only downside is you end up spending less time at the beach because the is no reason to leave! Do yourself a favour and rent Casa Vista Del Mar."
Guest: Justin M.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 13, 2015
60th birthday, retirement and anniversary...couldn't have asked for more!
"We celebrated my 60th birthday, my husband and my retirements and our 35th wedding anniversary with 13 family members. We couldn't have asked for anything more wonderful!! The staff at Villa Octotal is beyond compare. Herman is a phenomenal host/bartender and went "above and beyond" to accommodate us. Jose and Doris made us look forward to every meal, which we may regret once we get home and weigh
ourselves. My husband's nickname is now "muy gordo"!!!
Freddie always had a smile on his face and a greeting of "contento,
contento". We appreciated (and looked forward to) his daily Spanish lessons (our grandsons, ages 7, 5, 4 are still speaking Spanish)!!. Guillermo arranged all of our excursions and we were not disappointed. We went hiking, fishing (the guys brought back mahi mahi that Jose/Doris made into ceviche), went on the ATV jungle/beach tour, boat tour (where we saw howler monkeys, white-faced monkeys, crocodiles, herons, iguanas and more) and zip-lining. The pictures of the villa are "spot on" and it is literally a 5 minute walk to the beach (make sure you have a drink at Father Roosters). Coco is a 10 minute taxi ride away ($6 each way for 4 people) and a great place to shop. I could go on and on but the best advice.....Experience it for yourself!!!
Our new motto is now " Pura Vida"!"
Guest: MarleneDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 9, 2015
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
"Una casa muy linda, la encontramos super limpia, todo muy ordenado y equipada con todo! Las áreas sociales del condominio son espectaculares, la piscina una belleza. Tuvimos una situación con unos tubos e inmediatamente llegaron a arreglarlo, y era 1 de enero! Georgina nos dio un excelente servicio, informándonos de todo, sugerencias de restaurantes. Pasamos un excelente año nuevo en esta casa."
Guest: Ana Victoria B.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 26, 2015