VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We had a wonderful, relaxing time in a beautiful oasis in a jungle. If you can imagine a Hollywood film star going to a resort in Costa Rica, this is it! Listening to the unusual birds in the morning was magical, and the chirping (quietly) geckos at night. We walked down to the beach at Playa Pelada; it was scenic with rock outcrops, uncrowded, and plenty of sand for sunbathing. We enjoyed watching the terns, pelicans, egrets, osprey, and frigatebirds diving for fish.
Don't miss visiting Lagarta Restaurant just down the road from Casa-Banda. The view of Rio Nosara, estuary, and shoreline is incredible and very romantic!
Bibi and Arne are wonderful hosts and a wealth of knowledge. We enjoyed hearing many great stories about their lives in Costa Rica. We hope to return again!"
Guest: Jann and JohnDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 24, 2015
"Hacienda Punta Indio is a gorgeous place. The home sits on a mountain with great views of the ocean. We loved the infinity pool and spent a lot of time there. The house is comfortable and clean. Jorge is a really nice attentive caretaker. We loved the wildlife: the monkeys (with babies!) in the mango trees, the iguanas and the cute green parrot flock. Playa Carillo was our favorite beach. (a 5 minute drive). It is unspoiled. Try the shaved ice they sell there! We cooked a lot of our meals on the grill. Pali has a good butcher. We also discovered Lizano Salsa...good on burgers, pork and chicken. Even brought some home. My husband and son in law enjoyed the hiking trails on the property as well. I would highly recommend this home and if we ever get back, I would reserve this again."
Guest: Laura B.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 18, 2015
"Villa Sonita was the perfect relaxing getaway for my friends and I. The accommodations were great, plenty of room to move around and plenty of activities to do around the villa. Just a 5 minute walk to the beach or 2 minutes to 3 nice restaurants where you can grab a bite to eat. If you just want to relax you can make you favorite beverage and just chill by the pool with the swim up bar and BBQ your favorite food. The grounds are naturally landscaped with plenty of the local wildlife to view. Rebecca the property manager is great, she catered to our every need including transportation from the airport in Liberia. I would definatly reccomend a Villa Sonita vacation to anyone who wants a relaxing getaway with plenty of activities to do if you choose. Pura Vida!"
Guest: mark m.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 5, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015