VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Nosara reviews
Loved it so much we extended our stay - twice!
"Spent nearly three lovely weeks at Casa Olaje. We love Nosara, but had never rented a house before. We wouldn't do it any other way now! A short walk to Playa Guiones, it's a beautiful house, and probably the cleanest rental I have ever stayed at! Large, fully-stocked kitchen, great for cooking in. Lots of hot water and good water pressure in the shower. The screened-in porch and pool are lovely, and the lush grounds attract tons of colourful birds and butterflies. The security guards at the entrance to the community were very professional and friendly, and patrolled the area regularly on foot. We felt extremely safe. Jaimy, the owner, and AnnMarie and Amber (property managers) were very responsive and helpful, and helped us with anything we needed. Wifi is in and out, but that's Nosara. Would definitely return to the beautiful and serene Casa Olaje - tomorrow, if possible!"
Guest: Christine M.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 1, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
"My husband, 8 month old and I just returned from spending 3 weeks in Costa Rica at this perfect character home just a few minutes walk from the beach. It was one of the best vacations we've ever had. The house was absolutely perfect for us. It offers a great shaded outdoor patio and sitting area (great for cocktail hour with friends!) and a gorgeous pool with a waterfall and lots of shade for our little one. The home also came fully equipped with a fully functional kitchen (including all necessary utensils and needs), plenty of towels (GOOD beach/pool towels!), laundry room and air conditioned bedrooms. I also loved that the bedrooms came with mosquito nets which gave me peace of mind for my sleeping 8 month old. Unfortunately, like many places, Costa Rica suffers from petty theft but we felt very secure with the 24 hour security gate and guards. The owners and local property managers were incredibly responsive and went out of their way to ensure us a comfortable stay. Another highlight of the house was it's incredible proximity to the beach. Every day we would pack a bag and a cooler and walk down the short path to the beach to watch the sunset to cap off the perfect day. There are no homes directly on the beach in Playa Guiones and I have to say that the houses in the Beach Club have one of the quickest access points to the beach! It is also super close to all the fabulous restaurants which we frequented almost every night. All in all, I would highly recommend this rental to anyone and everyone!"
Guest: KarliDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 18, 2015
Costa Rican family looking for a great place to rest and enjoy the best beach in Costa Rica, Pelada
"What a wonderful surprise it was to arrive to Casa BandA to find the most beautiful place I've been in Nosara! As soon as you get into the owners property it seems you are at another world, everything is so clean, well kept and quiet. I am a teacher so my search for vacation places is intense trying to find the perfect vacation house to rest and be in a silent place. The apartment rented was pristine, imagine what a task with the dust that arrives every summer in Guanacaste. Another great surprise was to find an excellent kitchen equipped for a pro. I am a good cook and always travel with my kitchen utensils. Never needed at this place because they even had good spices to share with the person that rents the house. The pool one of the cleanest I've seen and with good chairs to sit and read in a very peaceful ambiance. The owner is available at all time in case you need something. All in all, I highly recommend this house for the best vacation ever in Playa Pelada, Nosara, Guanacaste."
Guest: SusanaDate of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 12, 2015