VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Nosara reviews
"Villa Sonita is perfect! Everything was just as expected and better! Rebecca, the manager was a delight! She arranged our shuttle from Liberia to house and once there we just rented Quads from Monkey quads for our transportation for the week! We had a mixed group of 13 and had plenty of space, and plenty to do. Woke up in the morning with coffee and howler monkeys by the pool and the sound of the ocean waves. Truly paradise! We would walk to different places or ride quads, we saw the playa Guiones beach and the black beach at playa Octinol. One of our favorite spots to eat or get a margarita was beach dog cafe, just a short walk on the way to playa Guiones or a fun quad ride. :) We are definitely going back to Nosara and would love to stay in Villa Sonita again~"
Guest: Amy J.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 14, 2015
"We found Tiffany very helpful with directions and putting us in touch with great people to contact for tours and excursions. The house was wonderful and we had a tremendous time in Nosara. We made fresh limeaide from the limes on the tree near the pool. we made friends with a very sweet Pezote (a type of Raccoon). Minutes from everything but offering peace and quiet."
Guest: Scott W.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
"I stayed in the Casita with my dad for a week over Easter. We were both overwhelmingly pleased with the Castita and the property. The owners weren't present when we stayed so it was nice to have the pool to ourselves and pretend like we lived there. It was the nicest pool either of us have ever swam in and even more gorgeous than in the photos. We were very impressed with how everything was maintained and would love to come back.
When people ask us how our trip to Costa Rica went, we rave about the country, but more so, we rave about how fantastic Casita Las Colinas was. If I could give it one hundred stars, I would."
Guest: Julia S.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 23, 2015