VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Nosara reviews
Perfect jungle oasis
"Heartwaves 2 proved the perfect homebase for a group of five of us (two couples and one single person) who were in Nosara for a too-short trip. Jane was very responsive from the start and continued to be throughout the booking process, arrival, and our stay. The house itself is beautiful -- the perfect size for the five of us with ample patio space, plenty of room to doze off in the shade or sun in the afternoon, a pool in which to cool off, a grill for cooking dinner and dining outside. Though not in the heart of the small town of Nosara, everything was easily within walking distance, and access to the beach is especially close (five-minute walk or so). This all served to make us feel like we were truly away from it all - but there is nothing inconvenient about the location. Everything in the house is in perfect working order, including air conditioning, kitchen, security system. The kitchen is particularly well-stocked if you're the type to cook. And Jane, in addition to being so helpful and responsive, is also so lovely. When I go back to Nosara, I will absolutely try again to stay at Heartwaves."
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 2, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
Perfect Family Vacation Home in Beautiful Laid-Back Nosara
"Casa Cristal de Mar was perfect for our vacation in every way - it could not have been in a better location as we had surf lessons at Safari Surf School on Playa Guiones every day and was a short walk to everything we needed. We loved watching the monkeys visit the big tree by the garage and the iguanas roam the property. The home and grounds are very clean and well maintained. We felt safe and secure at this property. The outdoor kitchen and bar made for a laid-back experience. We stayed with another family and there was more space than we needed. Our kids loved the pool, ping pong table and ring toss game at the Rancho. Rebeca was wonderful and answered every question we had. It will go down as one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever had!"
Guest: Marion M.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: August 1, 2015
Great spot close to the beach and a pool to cool you off!
"My husband, and two daughters and a friend stayed here for two weeks. It was wonderful. It was the rainy season, but only rained like once a day, for a short bit typically. The house is close to a ton of restaurants and little boutiques. Loved the spot on the beach. It is good to keep track of the tides though, so you know good times for swimming or checking out the tidal pools there. The house was lovely, and we didn't have to use the a/c but a few times. There were iguanas, parrots, coatimundis, and howler monkeys all around the house. So, even hanging by the pool, we easily felt like we were in the jungle. The pool was a welcoming refresher when we got hot and stayed nice and cool as it is shaded. We loved it and will hopefully be back.
The owner, Dave, was great and Tiffany, the manager was very helpful. We were a bit nervous going somewhere like this for the first time, but they were both very helpful with both our arrival and departure.
Thanks for the wonderful stay, Dave,
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 19, 2015