VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Nosara reviews
WOW best place ON the beach perfect for 2 people
"The casita is on the beach in front of the tide pools. WOW. It has everything one may need: a well stocked kitchenette, washer, dryer, surfboard upon request, 24 hour security. This place is a gem. Look no further. I have visited Nosara/Playa Guiones many times and the casita and its location is the best. Great deal too compared to a hotel room!"
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: October 16, 2015
"El Sueno de Mariana is a very private home yet, because the hosts live on site, it's priced reasonably as an apartment rental. This amazing home is perched at the top of a small mountain just above the surf town of Nosara, Costa Rica. Although the roads are a bit bumpy, to say the least, it's an easy drive from the Nosara airport and to the town and local beaches. Safety was never a concern for us as El Sueno de Mariana has an electric gate and is situated in a private neighborhood. Down the road a bit is a security guard who monitors traffic heading in and out of the neighborhood. During the day we enjoyed the spacious, sandy beaches around Nosara and in the early mornings and evening enjoyed our privacy at the house with gorgeous views, lush gardens, an infinity pool and the amazing sounds of jungle life.
The property has incredible views of the Pacific ocean framed by beautiful gardens with native trees, plants and flowers. I have to say, as other guests did, the photos don't do the property justice. It has one of the most beautiful infinity pools we've ever had the privilege to enjoy! The pool has a waterfall, lap lane and mosaic turtles on the bottom. Be sure and watch the video which highlights the surrounding gardens and views.
The bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, are spacious, clean and air conditioned and have all the amenities one needs for vacation.
Our hosts, Mikki and Don, are warm, easy going and have great tips on what to see and do in Nosara. They really tune into their guests preferences and if privacy is what you're looking for, you can bet you will have it here. We, however, enjoyed playing cribbage with them and I highly recommend Mikki's informal water aerobics class on site!
We brought our 3 daughters (all in their 20s) and 2 boyfriends and had plenty of room. No matter what your age you will feel right at home at El Sueno de Mariana.
Many thanks Mikki and Don for a fabulous stay! We hope to come back again."
Guest: MollyDMDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 13, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
Thanks so much! We thoroughly enjoyed staying at Four Winds Villas and are already planning our return. We have stayed in numerous houses in Guiones over the years and I can honestly say this was our favorite. The interior was exceptionally clean and so comfortable. Upon our arrival it only took minutes to get into that laid-back Nosara groove!
The pool was a perfect reprieve from the mid-day heat and we couldn't get our 10 year old out of it! This was our first trip where water pressure/availability was no issue - nice job with the back up system. We were pleasantly surprised by the short walk to the beach via the back yard cut-through path. Even while lugging my gigantic surfboard the 5 minute walk was a breeze! Thanks again and we can't wait to return.
Mark, Sam & Micky"
Guest: Aspen MarkDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 10, 2015