VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Nosara reviews
"STOP. Look no further for a place to stay in Nosara. We spent a week here in July. Everything is just like the photos, except maybe better. The last part of the road to the house is very bumpy so it is good to have a small 4WD car. The weather in July is great, a little rain to cool things off but not too much. There is a little view deck with two chairs and a counter where you can eat breakfast and enjoy the views for hours on end. Bring binoculars as you will see lots of animals. The hike to the beach is beautiful and the swimming at the north end of Playa Pelada is great. Carl and Cathy are great hosts and full of suggestions on where to get groceries, eat out, and visit. Six stars!"
Guest: Pamela P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 25, 2015
Thanks so much! We thoroughly enjoyed staying at Four Winds Villas and are already planning our return. We have stayed in numerous houses in Guiones over the years and I can honestly say this was our favorite. The interior was exceptionally clean and so comfortable. Upon our arrival it only took minutes to get into that laid-back Nosara groove!
The pool was a perfect reprieve from the mid-day heat and we couldn't get our 10 year old out of it! This was our first trip where water pressure/availability was no issue - nice job with the back up system. We were pleasantly surprised by the short walk to the beach via the back yard cut-through path. Even while lugging my gigantic surfboard the 5 minute walk was a breeze! Thanks again and we can't wait to return.
Mark, Sam & Micky"
Guest: Aspen MarkDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 10, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
"We found Tiffany very helpful with directions and putting us in touch with great people to contact for tours and excursions. The house was wonderful and we had a tremendous time in Nosara. We made fresh limeaide from the limes on the tree near the pool. we made friends with a very sweet Pezote (a type of Raccoon). Minutes from everything but offering peace and quiet."
Guest: Scott W.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015