VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Nosara reviews
"Gato Cansado is a tiny bungalow at the top of a hill in K Section. It's a 15 minute walk to the surf. Small and cozy, this Casita was perfectly functional for my wife and me. If you are looking for luxury, this is not your place. If you have simple tastes you will love it. The fence around the property gives you privacy and the cottage is bordered on three sides by forest, so you will see some wildlife. You’ll have neighbors are close by on one side and you can hear their conversations as they sit by their pool. Gato Cansado’s small soaking pool is refreshing after walking up the steep hill from the beach. We did not contract for the AC, preferring to enjoy the Costa Rican heat after a long, cold New England winter. If you want to go out for dinner you will need some type of transportation.
Virginie, the property manager, was responsive and sweet and made our trip hassle free. We would have no hesitation renting Gato Cansado again."
Guest: thomas f.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 29, 2015
"Stayed at this house Dec 2013 and LOVED IT! We returned to Guiones March 17th,2015 and were in a different house on Playa Pelada but weren't happy there. I inquired about Casa Feliz and it was, luckily, available. Being able to stay here was the icing on the cake for us. Thanks to the property manager, Bobbi, for watching her emails and responding to our need to switch properties. We had a lovely visit with her. She can help you with any questions you have about the area, etc. The house has a great layout and everything one needs, clean, and secure in the evening thanks to our dear buddy Pedro. As suggested, bring your bikes, shoes, etc, in at night or they might not be there in the morning....it is just the way it is. Comfy beds and three bathrooms were an asset for sure. Be aware that during the height of the dry season Nosara area has water conservation measures in place whereby they turn the entire water supply off from 9pm - 7am. There were large bottles of water under the sink that we'd use during this time. We had no problem with this and adjusted accordingly. We had a wonderful early morning monkey show as the troop traveled through the trees on the property, adults and babies, beautiful creatures. The resident iguanas are entertaining to watch, as are the birds and other critters that wonder through the yard on their way to where ever. The pool was lovely first thing in the morning, during the mid-day heat when we were off the beach, before dinner upon returning from a sunset swim in the ocean and sometimes when we returned from dinner. We rented bicycles from the Frog Pad.....such a fun carefree way to get around Guiones....less than 10 min to bike to the beach. We loved the house and hope that it is available the next time we are lucky enough to visit Nosara. Thanks to the owners for sharing their home. Pura Vida!"
Guest: 52 and catching waves!Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 30, 2015
"Great little townhouse in beautiful garden with nice pool. The condo had excellent air conditioning (necessary in April!), a lovely patio and simple but nice decor. A few things need repair, such as random holes in the wall and noisy toilets. But that said, it's overall a wonderful clean option at an affordable price and in a great location: very close to the south entrance of the beach and the yoga Institute with its wonderful juice bar and great yoga classes. The kitchen was perfect. We loved that it felt safe too. Also Francinny is especially helpful and nice - so responsive and a wonderful resource. She recommended restaurants for us that were incredible, eg., La Luna. We loved our time in Nosara!"
Guest: Alexandra M.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 13, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015