VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
"I recently stayed at the Vila El Sueno de Ocotal, and enjoyed Calin and Silvia's hospitality.
Calin offered me a very good price and he did his best to accomodate me there.
He also helped me to find a place to stay for the days that he had no availability at his vila, and he also arranged me a transport to, and from the airport.
As I did not rent a car, Calin offered to take me to Playas Del Coco to do shoppings, and he also offered me transport to his vila.
This vila is very nice, located in an amazing place, with incredible views on the ocean, very nice and very well maintained, nice garden, flowers and plants, wonderful swimming pool, and everything is very clean. It is also very closed to the beautiful Ocotal Beach.
I was impressed by Calin and Silvia's hospitality, and I consider them the best hosts I've ever seen.
They invited me to breakfast, dinner and supper, and everything was perfect, especially the Thai cuisine. Also Silvia cooked the best pankaces. I was feeling like in family.
I would definitely go back, and I recommend this vila to anyone wanting to spend nice and quiet vacations, and to experience the Costa Rica Pura Vida.
Calin, Silvia, I already miss you and Costa Rica, but I will be back soon!!!"
Guest: NickLDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 10, 2015
Second time even better than the first (which was exceptional!)
"We stayed here last July for 5 nights and loved it. This year we returned to CR for 17 days. First part of trip was in Dominical and then in Cabo Matapalo in the Osa. Both houses were great but there is something so so special about Villa Vista de Oro and it was the perfect way to end a phenominal trip. AC didn't hurt either!
THE VIEW!!! 180 degrees of ocean, sunsets, evening lighting storms, birds and flowers. Howler monkeys in the morning. I can never tire of the view.
THE FOOD!! Diego's food was delicious. Pancakes, freshly made sausages, toast, omlettes and fresh fruit for breakfast, lunches like ceviche or amazing nachos, and dinners and desserts that had us licking our plates (and raiding the kitchen later at night to eat some of that amazing coconut pie or icecream!) Pina coladas and milk shakes for the kids and mojitos and margaritas for adults. Lovely presentation too.
SERVICE!! After arriving from the Osa where everything is damp and stinky, laundry is done and folded and delivered to your room. House is kept impeccably clean. The new caretakers, Nestor and Carole, making sure we had everything we needed and then some, driving us to Pez Vela to go for a swim, keeping the wine and gin that we liked fully stocked, turning off lights when we went to bed and bringing the dogs for a visit and swim bc we missed our dog so.
THE ALL INCLUSIVE ASPECT-We stayed here for 4 days and never left except for a beach swim. We swam in amazing pool, played games, watched movies, napped in hammock. Everything is taken care of!
Beds are super comfy. Towels lush. Baths great. AC lovely. I love the open air aspect and THE VIEW!!!
And best of all, we got to meet Kelly, the owner, and Modesta, who was the interim caretaker last year. Cannot wait to return for a third time."
Guest: pamela l.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 21, 2015
"The stay at Sand Dollar Cove was exactly as it is advertised. Beautiful house where you spend the majority of your time bouncing from the porch to the beach. If you want to truly have a place where you spend more time conversing and spending time with your friends instead of on your phone this is it. IPat is amazing and will help you in any way possible to set up any adventure, find you food, make a store run, and recommend local businesses that are very friendly. You can order fresh fish and local meats. Cheo is very helpful and always around to assist you. Locals are friendly. Pizza Tree, Loco Coco, Cristal Azul are a few places I would recommend going to. The best day of the trip included a small tremor of an earthquake to wake you up, turtles hatching and making the ocean run, bonfire with fresh fish wrapped in banana leafs, and to end the night luminescence in the water. Thanks Jim, Pat, Bill, and Cheo for making our stay memorable and amazing. See you again!!"
Guest: Van L.Date of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 9, 2015