VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Beautiful condo, great view, comfortable and stylish furnishings, great location
"The condo itself was beautiful and spacious yet comfortable for a family of 6 (4 teenage boys) - perfect. Loved sunrise and sunset on the deck surrounded by the sounds of birds and monkeys as we looked over the golf course to the ocean and Catalina Rock. Short walk to the pool/beach (or you can take a short shuttle). The condo pool/Beach Club is stunning and there are 2 well equipped workout facilities on premise, complimentary kayak and paddle boards, as well as a few bikes for use. We did not rent a car and taxis that accommodate 6 are relatively expensive, so we ate at Westin Resort restaurants a few times (very good), cooked in (we had concierge deliver a few groceries to wait for us upon arrival, and then went to a supermarket early in the week for the bigger shop) and then offsite for a few dinners (condo has some recommended dining options in a folder) The homeowners were a pleasure to work with and even had a local friend meet us upon arrival with great advice. The concierge for the condos receives mixed reviews - they were friendly, but we did not always receive consistent information from them, the phone went unanswered a few times, and we had transportation issues a couple of times. We used one of the groups on the beach to arrange our excursions rather than the concierge: volcano/canopy tour, catamaran/snorkeling, ATV on beach, horseback on beach, jet skis and surfing in Tamarindo. This condo was the perfect home base to be able to enjoy all these wonderful activities in Costa Rica. We loved our week, and I highly recommend this particular condo for your stay."
Guest: margaret s.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 20, 2015
"We stayed at Casa Sombra for 6 weeks this year and we absolutely loved it. Here's why:
- Cutest house in the jungle with enough privacy! Not having anyone living upstairs, downstairs and too close on the side is quite nice!
- Surrounded by nature, you'll see monkey's, lizards, different birds like parakeet and others
- Super comfy house with everything we needed which was basically a comfy bed, full kitchen, bathroom, wifi (fast enough too), a working phone & a safe.
- Location is perfect. 10 min walk to playa Guiones, Nosara yoga institute and very close to shops and restaurants
- the Managers (Mark and Janet) truly do an amazing job! They're just the most helpful people ever!
Good to know:
- the local bank / ATM does not accept bank card with a chip. You'll most likely need to go into the town of Nosara which requires either a car or a quad. You could alway use a tuk-tuk service for about 8$
- If you're staying here for a longer period, you're going to want to do your grocery shopping in Nosara town. There are groceries near Guiones but the selection is much more limited and more pricey. For a week it will be good enough but for more
- Even with this great location at Guiones we really enjoy our quad rental since it's allowed us to go to explore different beaches (Pelada is beautiful, Playa Carillo near Samara too!) go to nearby towns and do errands easily.
Overall I reccommed to anyone coming to Nosara to book this place!"
Guest: Marie MartineauDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 24, 2015
"This was our first trip to CostaRica and I am so glad we chose Tamarindo and to stay in Bocaraca! Joel is absolutely awesome and really went out of his way for us.. Bocaraca is a perfect location in the town of Tamarindo. It's a 2 minute walk to all the restaurants and beach and it really is a very nice place to stay! The howler monkeys around the property are an added bonus as well. Thanks again Joel for everything!!! Pura Vida!"
Guest: Nicole B.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 19, 2015
"We arrived at Montelaguna Residence on February 1st, 2015 and departed March 31st.
This condo unit is one of the most beautifully appointed, well-equipped condos that we have ever had the good fortune to stay in. There is every available kitchen utensil, bath towels or any other amenity you can imagine. The beds are comfortable and the layout of this condo is superb. Because of the beautiful long balcony accessed by the master bedroom, living room and dining room sliding doors, made the use of the air continuing unnecessary. Beautiful stainless steel appliances including an ice-maker water maker fridge which we found quite useful.
Great supply of reading material, movies to watch and cd's to play.
All in all, with the addition of the huge private pool and with the luxury of choosing Samara Beach or Carillo beach which are only a stones throw away, this property was pure bliss.
And for the above reasons, that's why we have already booked this unit for next year!"
Guest: MurielDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: May 4, 2015