VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
Best location in Tamarindo!!!!
"My family and I had a great stay at Sunrise 12 penthouse. The views are great, the location ideal (right across the street from the beach and in the center of town). We were able to quickly get to anywhere we needed to be. The condo was great--comfortable furniture, GREAT beds, and great kitchen. Although we chose to eat out a lot, the kitchen is fully equipped to make your own meals at home. I greatly appreciated the kindness and patience of the team at Blue Water Properties/Blue Water Adventures who help set up our airport transfers and tours. Great service, efficient! We'll be back for sure! Pura Vida!"
Guest: SandraDate of Stay: November 2014Review Submitted: December 24, 2014
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
"This was a great experience, from the first email from Bob Wilson, property manager, who explained the location of the Ibis complex and a description of the 3-bedroom penthouse condo. It was exactly as he described and more. The condo’s wrap around deck is furnished with couches, lounge chairs and table for 8…like an extra condo added on to the spacious great room. Each bedroom has an in suite bathroom and the kitchen is a gourmet delight. The building is totally secure and sits across the street from the Langosta Beach Club.
The Beach Club was great! Beautiful, quiet beach and pool area, nice staff, great food! Being given access to the Club with the rental of this condo is another reason to stay here.
You don’t need to rent a car. It’s about a 10-minute walk to the town of Tamarindo, where you’ll find a number of great restaurants and shops.
Bob Wilson, property manager, Sebastian, concierge and the wonderful staff helped us with too many requests to count. We give the condo five stars and the exceptional staff and service a 10 +
Adding up the reasons to stay at the Ibis…#1 beautiful home #2 great location, #3 private beach club access and #4 outstanding service!
We would definitely stay here again and recommend to our friends, family and anyone reading this review!
Thank you for a delightful stay and we look forward to returning next year!
The Dean Family
Guest: Leslie DeanDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 20, 2015