VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
Fantastic stay and awesome house
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
"We stayed at the condo for two weeks. It was our first visit to Costa Rica. The unit was as advertised. It was clean, safe, and in a great location. The condo is easy walking distance via the beach or the street to numerous restaurants and stores. The beach club across the street was a great place to spend the day. The beach is beautiful, the food is good and the staff is very helpful. (It is a beach club, so no outside drink or food). Bob and the staff at the condo were all very helpful with arranging tours, restaurant recommendations, calling taxis. They also provided a ride to the grocery store for us so we could stock up for our stay. The unit was cleaned regularly during our stay. They washed and changed the bedding and all towels on top of the regular cleaning. Great place to stay! We will stay here again our next trip to the area."
Guest: RhondaDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 8, 2015
"This was our second stay at Linda's condo, once again we were very happy with the property. We were met at the airport by Linda's shuttle driver and delivered to the unit. We immediately noticed that the unit had not aged as most other condos do after several years of renting. Everything worked, and the furnishings looked brand new. The décor is very warm and inviting. Everything was as promised, very important for a vacation rental.
We would definitely stay again"
Guest: Mike & JudyDate of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 25, 2015
"This was our first trip to CostaRica and I am so glad we chose Tamarindo and to stay in Bocaraca! Joel is absolutely awesome and really went out of his way for us.. Bocaraca is a perfect location in the town of Tamarindo. It's a 2 minute walk to all the restaurants and beach and it really is a very nice place to stay! The howler monkeys around the property are an added bonus as well. Thanks again Joel for everything!!! Pura Vida!"
Guest: Nicole B.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 19, 2015