VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
"My husband and I would highly recommend staying at this condo. It is literally steps to the ocean, just past locked gate, and the patio is 5 steps to the pool. The complex is peaceful and quiet with a 24/7 guard by the gate and the management company across the street. The condo is spacious, peaceful, clean, is equipped with everything you would want, including a safe that you program with your own code. We had all of the comforts of home plus a grocery store just down the road. The location is away from the hustle and bustle of Tamarindo and in a very easy to get to.
The owners were timely in answering our questions and even sent us an email asking about our trip!!!
This condo was perfect!"
Guest: The RingoldsDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 30, 2015
"Our family of 4 (48,47,16, and 13) just returned from a wonderful week at Casa Solamar in Sunrise Condos, Tamarindo. The condo is beautiful and very well appointed--towels, sheets, dishes, 2 blenders, large DVD collection, etc...The complex is great with 24/7 security and a gorgeous pool with a waterfall. Plenty of recliners by the pool. Sunrise is directly across the street from the beach right in the center of Tamarindo. There are 2 food stores right outside and restaraunts everywhere (try Eat at Joe's for huge nachos). Jonathan and the others at Vacation Rentals of Tamarindo were great to deal with and helped us book the condo, ziplining, estuary tour, and our van rides to and from liberia airport (side note--DO NOT wait to buy food at the airport it is monsterously expensive--like $40 for 2 burgers and 1 fries!!) We truly loved the condo and our visit to Tamarindo and feel it was our best vacation EVER! We took surf lessons from Costa Rica Surf Club-right next to the VRT office and they were great. Thanks! Hope to see you again!! Tom D and family."
Guest: Thomas D.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 10, 2015
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
"We loved the Hacienda with its open concept around the courtyard and swimming pool. The kitchen as part of this space was great both for meals and easy access to snacks and drinks. The bedrooms were comfortable, and it was nice to have the option of having and AC'ed space if needed, although like the recommendation we tried not to rely on that too much to acclimatize ourselves. Our group did kind of wish that the sitting/TV room had air conditioning. Also I'm not sure if it was typical of March in CR but there were a ton of mosquitos. So as long as you're prepared for that you will have a lovely stay at the Hacienda del Pacifico. The things we loved was the proximity to the beach. The staff. And we would strongly recommend the Friday Beach BBQ at the Hotel Capitan Suiza."
Guest: Tammy N.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 1, 2015