VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
Fantastic stay and awesome house
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
Good way to see how the locals live on permanent vacation
"My wife and I visited Casa Boaz on our honeymoon and had a good time in Tamarindo. We stayed in the Casita Romantica, which was plenty of room with a full kitchen and bathroom. The property itself is great for nature lovers, as there is wildlife all over the property, which you will want to become comfortable and acquainted with if you're going to enjoy Costa Rica, because it's everywhere. The pool was nice and cool and the outdoor shower was key. Dee was kind enough to allow us to use the surfboards for a few days, and we had a great time at the beach. She pointed us in the direction of some very good restaurants that you likely wouldn't find otherwise. She was very helpful.
Casa Boaz would likely be perfect for a large group of people who wanted to stay together, but also wanted their own privacy. The property isn't too far from the town, and as long as it's not raining (muddy roads), it's not that bad of a walk. Otherwise, I'd rent a car, bike or ATV to zip around to some cool spots. Thanks again, Dee."
Guest: David S.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 27, 2015
"We loved the Hacienda with its open concept around the courtyard and swimming pool. The kitchen as part of this space was great both for meals and easy access to snacks and drinks. The bedrooms were comfortable, and it was nice to have the option of having and AC'ed space if needed, although like the recommendation we tried not to rely on that too much to acclimatize ourselves. Our group did kind of wish that the sitting/TV room had air conditioning. Also I'm not sure if it was typical of March in CR but there were a ton of mosquitos. So as long as you're prepared for that you will have a lovely stay at the Hacienda del Pacifico. The things we loved was the proximity to the beach. The staff. And we would strongly recommend the Friday Beach BBQ at the Hotel Capitan Suiza."
Guest: Tammy N.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 1, 2015
"I traveled here April 2015 for my boyfriends surprise birthday. There were 5 of us altogether and it was absolutely perfect! Carol is awesome to communicate with and the villa itself is gorgeous. The walk to the store for food is like 5 minutes and it's a really close walk to the beach as well. Security made us feel very safe. There's nothing negative that I would say about our trip (other than it was too short haha).
Cheers from Toronto!"
Guest: Anna D.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: September 11, 2015