VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
"The condo is everything described and more. Carol was great to work with arranging this vacation. She sent her recommendations, plus maps and how to get around. Made this easy as pie. Alban, the groundskeeper, is friendly and will show you the local animals & vegetation. As well, Alban keeps the pool very clean and the yard immaculate. The private pool is a bonus after wandering the town, the beach, and the walk up the hill. There is night time security which are friendly and will give you a hand anytime. The kitchen has everything you need but be aware of the water shortage at times during the day. Housekeeping was excellent, friendly and thorough. This vacation was the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation so far. We will definitely be back!
Guest: Sandy H.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 22, 2015
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
"Stayed at this property in May, 2015. Everything you need is included with the property. A quiet area, away from the hustle & bustle of Tamarindo. Just a few steps from the ocean, every sunset was beautiful! There were many things in the area to do, including ATV trail riding, Zip lining and whitewater rafting, great hikes along the many beaches in the area. Any problem was handled by the management company. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again."
Guest: Ed & TinaDate of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: June 11, 2015