VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
You've found the one! Perfect in every way!!
"We needed a place to please multiple ages (14-75) and interests, and this was it! This GORGEOUS condo is in a quiet spot right across from the beach and just a quick walk to tons of great restaurants, a market, and shopping. You can walk the road or the beautiful beach.To access the beach, you walk through the Langosta Beach Cub, a luxurious spot with cabanas surrounding an infinity pool, a bar, a lovely restaurant, a gym, and a spa, all of which you have access to while staying in the condo. As the saying goes, "Pretty is as pretty does", and the staff went WAY beyond expectations to make our stay awesome. Bob drove me to the big grocery store (have two teenage boys to feed), and Sebastian arranged a 4 a.m. pick up for us to the airport and recommended a restaurant (Patagonia) that had the best steak I've eaten in my 48 years. Juanro arranged a private surfing excursion to Playa Grande for my boys they will remember forever. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate us, and it truly felt like a home away from home...only better!"
Guest: Wendy P.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 17, 2015
"The condo was an awesome place to stay. close to the beach, close to restaurants, no need to drive anywhere. We meet loads of great people; visitors like myself and so many great local folks. The condo looks like the photos on VRBO. The security is great and they open the door for you every time you exit and return. They are there 24 hours a day. Nothing stolen, and so much gain! Meaning - meeting folks from different countries is a blessing. The world is a great place! Thank you Frederick to allow me to rent your beautiful condo in Tamarindo!"
Guest: Kim A.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 16, 2015
Great location- across the street from the beach and walking distance to everything in town
"My husband and I stayed for a week with both my parents and our two children (6yrs old & almost 2yrs old). Mike and Kathy along with their friendly staff were awesome and accommodated our VERY late check in. We loved having a pool in the back yard for the kids to swim in and the the beach and various restaurants right across the street. While there are many adventurous activities to do within driving distance, we chose to spend the majority of our time relaxing in the backyard (watching monkeys, birds, etc), on the beach, and exploring the town by foot. We did so one adventurous thing though - take our 6yr old zip lining at Pura Aventura. We had a blast and felt very safe!
Cafe Tico (2 min walk out the gate and to the right) is a must if you like coffee. As is Langosta Beach Club if you're looking for a great place to sit and watch the sunset and have a nicer dinner."
Guest: Iliasha D.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015