VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
Cousins on Vacation
"This house was very easy to find and located perfectly in this bustling area, close to the action but very quiet and private. It was well suited to two couples. The pool was cleaned every day. The indoor/outdoor shower was a nice touch. The kitchen was more than adequate. The beds were comfortable. We would recommend this to others like ourselves."
Guest: Linda M.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 17, 2015
"My wife and I and 2 other couples recently rented Ibis 10 in Tamarindo Costa Rica. The 3 bedroom condo was spacious, clean, and professionally maintained. The added bonus of free membership at the beautiful Langosta Beach Club put our vacation over the top. We had superb meals prepared by Amanda and Jennifer. Sebastian, our concierge, provided us with everything we ever needed. Bob Wilson the manager organized our payments and made sure our week ran smoothly. The beaches and restaurants of Tamarindo, as well as the hospitality of our staff made us sad to leave indeed!! We would not hesitate to recommend this condo to others looking for adventure and relaxation in Costa Rica..."Pura Vida"!!"
Guest: What's your first name? W.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 6, 2015
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
Great location- across the street from the beach and walking distance to everything in town
"My husband and I stayed for a week with both my parents and our two children (6yrs old & almost 2yrs old). Mike and Kathy along with their friendly staff were awesome and accommodated our VERY late check in. We loved having a pool in the back yard for the kids to swim in and the the beach and various restaurants right across the street. While there are many adventurous activities to do within driving distance, we chose to spend the majority of our time relaxing in the backyard (watching monkeys, birds, etc), on the beach, and exploring the town by foot. We did so one adventurous thing though - take our 6yr old zip lining at Pura Aventura. We had a blast and felt very safe!
Cafe Tico (2 min walk out the gate and to the right) is a must if you like coffee. As is Langosta Beach Club if you're looking for a great place to sit and watch the sunset and have a nicer dinner."
Guest: Iliasha D.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015