VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tamarindo reviews
Fantastic stay and awesome house
"We just completed a week long stay with two families (10 total, kids 8-13) and loved the house.
The house is very much as represented in the pictures & video. Very up-to-date and modern. Everything was in working order and was well maintained. The layout is perfect for two families, with two very spacious master suites. The kitchen and great room are perfect and plenty large for all 10 of us to hang out comfortably. the house wraps around the central pool area, which was in use full-time with the kids and adults.
- great pool and indoor/outdoor space (great room opens up to the outdoors, weather permitting)
- modern touches (flat screen tv, cable, speedy wifi, bose stereo system, etc.)
- very safe, private location (two security gates to get to property, manned 24hrs/day)
- nearby beach club (5 min drive away), which had a great pool, killer beach, workout room and a very good restaurant.
- small market 5 min drive away with the basics you may need
- golf courses right there (we did not play, but looked really nice)
- horse stables 5 min drive away (we did this. great staff and horses. rode along the beach)
- tennis courts are a 5 min drive away and looked nice (we did not play)
- JW Marriott is a 5 min drive away (can walk there via beach in ~15-20 min) and has a few restaurants available
- house mgmt. team (maria & josh) were very attentive and helpful with any questions
- the beach in front of the property is not swimmable. more tide pools for walking/exploring. this likely would have been a consideration for us in selecting the house, but in hindsight, was not a big deal (the beach club beach is incredible)
- you will need a car, as the house is a bit remote (tamarindo ~20 min drive away, main market was ~20 min drive away, beach club is not walkable)
- there were some bugs/mosquitos at night...bring some spray
- bikes at the house were not in great working order
we also brought in a private chef for a few dinners and breakfasts (frank at bellyfedbetter.com). Frank was awesome and he even did grocery shopping for us for a nominal fee (even had the house stocked for us upon our arrival). very highly recommend.
we used swiss travel for a couple excursions which were very fun (sensoria and something called the adrenaline tour). they arranged for transportation to/from the house in a very nice van. highly recommend.
overall a great trip and really great house!"
Guest: anthony s.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 21, 2015
"We loved the place, besides from having 3 pools inside the residential area, the apartment is fully equipped, it even has 2 flat screen televisions and one of the pool is right out of the balcony. We really enjoyed this vacations. The Oaks is relatively close to Tamarindo, Flamingo, La Penca and all of the beautiful beaches in the zone. Fully recommended."
Guest: Álvaro Matias W.Date of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 20, 2015
"Tamarindo is a beautiful little town with very friendly people. Casa de las Olas was is a beautiful very clean well kept house. Rik (the landlord) is a awesome man, he was there to help with everything we needed. You just cross the street and go down a short path and there's the most beautiful soft sand beach. A must place tto stay if your in Tamarindo. Thank you Rik"
Guest: Sandy S.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 23, 2015
"The villa was exactly as advertised - spacious, clean and well equiped; great response from the owner to all our questions, view from the balconies were spectacular, felt very safe, all the onsite staff were very helpful. We enjoyed the pools, horse back riding, walking the hacienda and the ocean - we walked on the beach to the Marriotte, Beach Club (enjoyed thier pools) and Lola's. We cooked most of our breakfasts and dinners so made it very affordable for a family of 7 including a 10 month old; took advantage of several excursions in the area; used our rental car and the Mariotte consierage. I would certainly recommend it for an adult or family vacation."
Guest: Nancy H.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 19, 2015