VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa Selva for a week. Wanting a blend of relaxation, adventure and comfort- This was perfect. The ReMax staff was very helpful and always quick to respond with answers and helpful information. Laura and Joel were also helpful in our entire trip planning madness to give advice and tips on coordination. The house is beautiful, clean, breezy, and lovely. We cooked twice a day and the kitchen was great! While we would not change anything about our stay, here is a bulleted list of pros and considerations:
- Most days, the breezy wonderful air was perfect. Nights were quite hot. We adapted well after the first night. One should know that breezy does not mean your nights will be 70 degrees with climate controlled air.
- If you want to be able to easily access nightlife in town, be prepared for a good 15 - 20 minutes on a dark bumpy dirt road (This would have been easier if Dollar Rental would have given us the automatic 4x4 I had confirmed 3 times over the two month lead up to our stay... But hey!? - Learning to drive a stick shift in Nicaragua was an adventure). Don't miss the signs!!
- The pool was ridden with bees, and we couldn't use it. This was somewhat disappointing, but most days we either spent on the beautiful beach, or the beautiful pool at Pelican Eyes in town.
- Beautiful home!! --Designed so well to compliment the beautiful nature that surrounds it. The breeze is wonderful and we enjoyed the openness of the home. Also, while you are close to other homes, it feels very private with the way the windows and layout are designed.
- Service! From before we arrived, Larua and the Remax staff were so helpful and easy to coordinate with. They helped us hire a driver to drive the car from the airport to SJDS, which I would highly recommend because there ARE NO MARKED road signs anywhere.
- Location!! While the nights we spent in town made for an interesting drive back to Balcones, we loved that we could experience SJDS and feel so relaxed and comfortable when we returned home.
- Beach! The beach that is reserved for Balcones is one of the best we visited in Nicaragua. It was private, clean, and had food and refreshments.
We would recommend this home to friends! The love and eco-conscious thought that went into designing this property really makes it feel like home. We are looking forward to going back."
Guest: AngeliqueDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 4, 2015
"Went for a yearly trip with two of my friends to San Juan del Sur. We could not have had a better time. All of the people we met were amazing, and the house was beautiful (way too big for 3 people). The infinity pool has a great view, and the hammocks got a lot of use. The only thing I might change would be to put steps up to the pool as the steep path could be a little slippery if you are as uncoordinated as I am.
Catalina is the chef that the owner recommended for us, and she was fantastic. She always went the extra mile whenever we needed anything. Don't let her fool you, she speaks English pretty well! Jess who lives in the casita near the house was also really helpful and fun. I highly reccomend Casa Suenos, and would stay there again if I ever come back."
Guest: JordanDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: February 23, 2015
"Such a beautiful home in a perfect location! For the first few days of our stay it was just my wife and I and our young daughter. We found it so relaxing, peaceful, and enjoyable. Then the rest of our family showed up, filling up all the rooms, and we were all able to enjoy the great location and ammenities of the home together. It is such a perfect place for either a small group or a large one.
The great staff there made all the difference as well. They were always so quick to lend a hand when needed, in addition to constantly keeping the home and grounds clean and safe.
Thanks again for the wonderful home, and making this visit to Nicaragua one of our most memorable ever! We will definitely return!!"
Guest: bruce y.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: June 12, 2015
"My wife, 2 kids and I stayed in this condo for our trip to Nicaragua. I had looked a lot for places to stay, and finally came across this one. From the moment we stepped into the condo we fell in love with it. This place is amazing! Dianne has everything you could possibly need, towels, air conditioning, laundry detergent. Robert also had all our grocery shopping done for us so we could just relax. The view from the balcony is incredible, and many days we spent just laying out in front by the pool. I loved that it's on a quieter side of the beach, which gave us ultimate relaxation. I can't say enough good things about this place and we will definitely stay here again in the future. The price is fair, location is amazing and it has everything you would ever need to make your vacation complete. Don't pass this place up!"
Guest: Olga Quedo DeSelvaDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: June 19, 2015