VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This property is more than a house...it has it all!!! If you want to be a little away from the noise and the craziness of the town when it gets crowded but be close enough to ride your bike there for groceries or dinner then this is the perfect location. Plus you are within a property that is quiet, peaceful, has horses, and has a WATERSLIDE!!, and you can take nice walks among the property and feel like you are in the jungle, and then walk a few minutes and you are on a beautiful beach! What is not to love! Plus the inside is appointed with gorgeous cabinets, appliances, furniture, big screen tv and oh so comfortable beds!!! Love this property so much we are buying a lot and building our own home here. So warning do not come here unless you are ok with ending up wanting to stay forever! Bill and Caitlin the owners are wonderful..great decision to rent this place! Made wonderful life time friends."
Guest: Stacey P.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015
"Our family 2 adults and 2 children ages 10 and 7 had the pleasure to stay in this delightful cabin in Bocas in November 2014. This was the perfect place for our family to stay, it gave us a lot of space to cook and enjoy the jungle. We love adventure filled and active vacations and this was the perfect location for us. We especially loved exploring the island by bikes which was a lovely option provided by Lucas. Our kids loved to spend time with Lucas and Gloria and the chickens and dogs and cat. Lucas chopped coconuts right out of the trees in the yard for the children to enjoy. My husband enjoyed visiting Lucas's music studio and taking a CD home with us. Lucas was great at suggesting wonderful restaurants, arranged a great snorkel tour for us, told us all the places to search for monkeys and sloths, and gave great biking directions to deserted beaches and great swimming areas. We really enjoyed visting the Bastimentos Island and visiting Up The Hill chocolate farm and eating at Alvin's which was a very enjoyable water taxi away. In Bocas we enjoyed wonderful coffee at the new Coffee Shop (close to town) and eating at Refugio. November was a great time to visit Bocas, great weather and almost no tourists, we would highly recommend visting at this time and staying at this great cabin."
Guest: KtayDate of Stay: November 2014Review Submitted: December 16, 2014
"We just stayed at Casa Oceana for 10 days. Our party was a family of 4 including 2 kids 3 and 7 year old.
Overall the house is lovely, well maintained and I definitely agree that the location is perfect. We are experienced travelers in Latin America, completely bilingual in Spanish. Our first impression of Bocas was very good, good tourist infrastructure with nice restaurants, well furnished supermarkets, and a very local feeling too, perfect mix. On the downside the village and its first surroundings are very dirty, we are used to local Latin America places but were still surprised. Beaches were clean though.
On our stay and the review of the houses the pluses :
- location of the house. We rented bikes in town and cycled (with 2 young kids) to Bocas every day, to Playa Bluff, to Boca del Drago (a fun trip, and we put the bikes on a taxi on the way back!) We went to Paki Point several times too, very close by and great place to eat, but not a real beach and no swimming
- the house deck, very enjoyable (especially when it rains, you can at least still be outside!)
- good value of the house for your money
- the monkeys in the backyard!
- lovely Bocas del Toro scenery
- great surfing for all levels / ages
- Javier next door very available
- we confirm July is the rainy season, we had 2 full days of heavy rain where we could not do anything and it rained every morning except for one day, until 10 to 11am. The rain is very very loud in the house. It is fun at the beginning, gets a bit bothering after a few days.
- lots of bugs in Bocas, including during daytime, even at the beach sometimes (Carenero for instance) and at the house. We used a lot of bud spray. For some reason our kids were not as much bothered as we were, good for them!
- kitchenware of the house could be refreshed. Especially the pans.
- the house is built out of one open space with partial walls and out of wood. We did not mind too much as we were one single family but there is little intimacy when in the bathroom, etc.
- maybe because of the rainy season but we did not think the beach close to the house was appealing. It was often non existent because the sea was so high and it is just next to the main road. We never saw anyone swimming there and we did not either.
Thanks a lot Tera for the great vacation! Your house has made our Bocas vacation a great success!!!"
Guest: Stephanie P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 14, 2015
"Can't say enough about Dave and Gundula's home and property. The house was beautiful and the property even better. Both Dave and Gundula were great hosts and good company. I would go back in a heartbeat."
Guest: Ben L.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 14, 2015